Saturday, April 20, 2024

IS IT WET?

 


EVERY SINGLE MARKET DAY, the first thing I do is look out the window, to check on the weather.
Today will be no exception.
I've looked at the weather forecast over the past couple of days on 4 different sites, and each and every one says something different!
So... I really don't know what the day holds.  
It's still dark outside, so I can't even tell yet.

No matter what, we are going to Tamahere in a little while.
If it's wet, we will just put up a few racks inside the gazebo and keep it tight inside.  

That's the plan... let's see how the day pans out.
Wish us CLOUDS,  and no torrential rain please. (or even better, sunshine!)

ONWARD...
7.44 am. It is WET. But not pissing down, just drizzle on and off.
We are all set up already, having arrived here at 6.15 am. We were one of the first here setting up today.





ABOVE: And now we sit and wait. We are not expecting hoards today due to the weather.
Back later...

8.25 am. The weather has picked up a bit. It's now actually raining steadily.
I'm NOT COLD! My new puffer jacket is keeping me warm, such a relief. 

I took a wander around the market just before, and have NEVER seen so many empty spaces. Clearly the poor weather has put a lot of stall holders off.

I dont blame them. Only crazy peeps would set up and sit outdoors in this rain. At least its not blowing as well, that would have made it HORRIBLE.

Stew's gone to buy us a hot chocolate... looking forward to that.

1.43 pm:   Well... we maintained our site.  We will never get 'bumped' to somewhere else cos we always turn up.
AS for the market... a total bust.  Made ONE sale.
Just too wet and miserable today, and there was a very poor turnout of customers.
I think the only people who made much money today were people selling food.

At the end of the market though, donuts were being handed out for free to stall holders, cos they hadn't sold.  Stew grabbed two, but his choice sucked, so I ain't eating mine.

In fact, my food today has been EXCEPTIONAL... not had much at all.  And nothing I shouldn't have, like DONUTS.

And now... I'm so happy to be home.  I'm not frozen to the bone thanks to my new puffer jacket.  But my feet are damn freezing.  My sneakers let in the rain and my feet stayed wet for hours.  NOT NICE.  Next time I'm gunna wear me UGG Boots and thick, warm socks.  You'd think I would know by now what to wear eh? 
Clearly not.  

Stew didn't have to strain himself with anything today, I made sure of that.
I got a hand getting the gazebo back in the van this afternoon from another stall holder.  I got it out easily enough, but by the end of the day, I just ran out of steam.

It's such a nice community, us stall holders. 

7.04 pm:  I had an afternoon nap.  It was rather nice, and necessary.  I woke at 3.30 am this morning, and just lay there and waited until it was time to get up.  So. A very long day.

And QUIET! Where is everyone?  YOU better be having an excellent day is all I can say.  
Stew and I just had dinner, and are going to sit and wallow in front of the telly till bedtime.


16 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Good Luck - hope you have a great day!! Dawn P. Albany, GA USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the clouds are on my side of the globe - so you should be safe for the day! Have a fun & successful day regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Hopefully you get enough sales to at least cover your costs
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crap weather here too 🌧☂️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Phewy on it raining! I hope it is a good day overall for you. Ky Gal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Drat on the weather that bloody Murphy's Law has lot to answer for...we had thick fog here but clearing now. Hope it's nice afternoon. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:54 PM

    Your stall always looks so lovely...all the bright colour and great patterns....I guess Stew is watching the rugby...so is my husband.....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Have you had any nausea or stomach issues with the Trulicity ? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if I eat rich food... I feel sick as!

      Delete
  9. Just checked in on your day. Bummer that the market was not busy. Stupid rain lol. I have spent most of the day shopping for clothes that are easy to put on one handed with a sling. Am getting shoulder surgery on Wednesday, only found out on Friday so been a bit manic to get myself ready 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous10:36 PM

      I had Rotator cuff surgery fall 2020. Full tear repaired. Long recovery, but it did work. Now good as new. Good luck!
      Vickie

      Delete
    2. Thanks Vickie 💕

      Delete
    3. Let me know how ya go Chick, will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

      Delete
  10. Pity about market but weather certainly keeps people home. Your setup looks amazing. I'm sure it was worth keeping your great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep - You definitely need to keep those feet warm! Cold wet feet can make ALL of you chilled.. Uggs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Slow markets are the worst! At least it wasn't windy. Those definitely ruin the day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.