Friday, April 12, 2024

GIVE IT TIME



I went to bed last night feeling rotten.  And I  had a very so-so night I must say.  My tummy was NOT HAPPY, but it is much better this morning thankfully.

I read all the comments yesterday about my weight dilemma, and taking Trulicity.  And YES, I now realise I need to give it more TIME.

How long I don't know... but at least a few months.

I am one of the most impatient people I know, so it's hard feeling like it's 'NOT working' right now.  Though I did just remember that I am on the lowest dose of Trulicity, and there is a higher dose if I need it.

I will give this dose 3 months, then reassess the situation.

I just have to be PATIENT.   And keep doing what I am doing, eating sensibly and getting as much exercise as I want.

I say 'want' because I'm not going to be a slave to exercise, and I don't feel like exercise is the be all and end all of weight loss.  It helps, but it's not 100% essential.

And I know this because I've done this before, many times.

Moving on... what's on the plans today?

I think I am going to stop making bowl cosys for now and start on something else.

I've been thinking of doing some Wonky House Runners.  Thinner than my usual size, with smaller houses.  

First up, because Stew is doing so well, I'm off for a lake walk with Lacy.  I'm sure he will be just fine on his own for 90 minutes.  πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

ONWARD...

ABOVE: A wet and gloomy day today, PERFECT for walking.

Not a lot of people out walking the lake this morning.

I didn't see any of our 'regular' fellow walkers either.


ABOVE:  Not often do you see a dead duck, but there was one in the bushes behind me today.  Sad.


ABOVE:  SHE took a selfie.

It's not a bad photo of her.


ABOVE:  The stats.  Usual pace/distance etc.  

Now I'm home, had me shower and am twiddling me thumbs.

I actually don't feel like sewing.  Stew is bored as well.

What to do?  What to do?  Don't know yet.

We've been lazy buggers, just watching movies.

I'm sure once Stew goes back to work, life will get back to 'normal' and I'll be motivated to do lots of sewing again.  Or something.


STOOD THERE FOR 10 MINUTES
NOTHING HAPPENED

I found that funny.  First giggle of the day.


I can't believe we have done NOTHING literally all day!
And I've never been so bored.
We are going around to Lacy's soon to see Miss Muppet.  Taking some games for her to play with cos she's injured* at the moment and can't do much.
* Explanation tomorrow.

Time to sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Maybe it is a good day to regroup after Stews surgery, etc. Just chill and recharge. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Trulicity is an aid to weight loss, in that people can take it forever and have a reduced appetite ....you are so good at losing weight..I can't even do that very well...but these new medications will help us maintain our weight and glucose levels...in the long term....it is not readily available in Australia at the moment...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:06 PM

    You look so good Chris. Does Stew like jigsaws? We used to do Sudoku at PN when he was there. He always won!!! Kj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew Stew would be bored to tears. Glad he is feeling well enough to be bored to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photos
    I haven’t seen the britto figurines
    I miss those bright colours, time to crotchet bits for your tree and spread some joy? Again
    I loved that.
    Research GOOD hypnotherapy
    courses..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not bad....NOT BAD.....*****NOT BAD*****
    That's gosh dam model material right there lol πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚ 🀣
    Jj 😜
    #LacyπŸ’™πŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:44 PM

      Lacy that is a really lovely photo of you, Keera is so much like you. And yes you are both model material. Trish from Oz.

      Delete
  7. I have never seen "Entertaining Cheese". We are so boring on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.