Sunday, April 21, 2024

GROWING TOO FAST

 


It's  a good day, to sleep in!

Seriously, not bothered about getting up any time soon.

There is bugger all that needs doing around here today.  Me housework is up to date.

No projects on the go for now.

Stew is all good, and also happy to lounge in bed a bit longer.

So, all I have for now is this:

ABOVE:  Our little Spitfire, Lily, has outgrown the bassinette, and has been put in the cot.

ABOVE:  I hope she's enjoying looking at her name, and the flowers on her mini quilt.

It's nice to see the bumper pads I made for the boys being used again too.

ONWARD...

I bet not many people who attend a market in the wet realises just how much a stall holder goes through to be there.

We arrive in the dark, and the rain.  We set up in the rain.  We sit and freeze for hours.  We smile through it all. 

And we hope you enjoy the market, and our wares.

ABOVE: And then there's the aftermath.  Having to put our gazebos etc up in the garage to dry it all out, ready for next time.

I know a lot of marketeers do markets out of necessity, to supplement their incomes, or even try to live off the income they make from markets.

Stew and I are lucky in that respect.  I do markets for the love of sewing, the love of the market atmosphere, the love of meeting people and enjoying a day out. 

One day, it will not be possible anymore, or we will just be over it.  Stew and I were talking about that yesterday.  We have a long term plan, in which we will continue to do markets for around 5 more years, maybe a few more?  Then call it quits.

Goodness knows what I'll get up to then!  Maybe by then I won't be blogging either? Cos blogging is on it's way out globally, kinda like YouTube as well.  There's so many social media avenues now days, there is always something new coming along.  Blogging is so OLD SCHOOL!  lol

I was just talking to Stew about wet, cold feet at market.  And then I remembered something.  A lot of marketeers were wearing GUMBOOTS.  Oh my gosh, what an excellent idea. 

I don't know how often I will wear gumboots outside of wet market days, but oh well... gunna get me some cheap ones. 

Steve, Bex and the kids called in for a quick visit this morning.  And for once I remembered to take a photo of the boys!

ABOVE:  Dante and Lily. 


ABOVE: Archer is VERY HARD to get a photo of ... you have to be fast! 

Once they left, around lunchtime, we took off for the mall to find some gumboots.

And two cars behind us was Brylee and Dom.

So once we had done our shopping, we met up with them and had lunch together.


ABOVE:  A nice little catch up with them too.  So neat to see family today.

AND it's not over for the day.  We have visitors this evening, and we will get to see more family then.


ABOVE:  Christine (DOGSTARS), I already have some UGGS.  I find them too cumbersome to wear at markets.  AND the last time I wore them for any length of time I got a MASSIVE, DEEP SEATED BLISTER on the sole of my foot.

Do you remember it?  It was only last year.  It took MONTHS for that blister to heal.

So, that's why I just wanted some lightweight, short gumboots to wear.

Purely to keep me feet dry.


ABOVE:  I found the perfect gummies at the shoe warehouse.  I love the bees!  I also bought some Thermal Socks to wear with them.  I think this will solve the wet, cold foot problem very well.

While out, we bought more Granny Smith Apples, so that's what I am doing next.  Cooking them up to add to me yoghurt.  

Stew has gone out again to get more jeans for himself.  I am looking forward to seeing what he gets.

Stew ended up getting two new pairs of jeans.  I'll show you tomorrow.

ABOVE:  Our dinner guests, Andrew, Emily and Liam.  So neat to see them, and I didn't have to cook.  They got Pizzas.  Nice one.

I had yoghurt and stewed apple.  Keeping it healthy.

Trying so hard at the moment to get the scales moving in the right direction again.


ABOVE:  These two cuties, love them to bits.

So, we spent a very nice couple of hours with them, then they were off to their Dad's for the holidays.

And now... back to just enjoying the remainder of the evening till bedtime.

Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. A very cheerful little nest for the baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics. Such cute kids. Steve and Bex doing an amazing job šŸ‘. Lovely family šŸ„°

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:13 AM

    She slept very well last night. Lol dante was peeping through the bottom of her name quilt lol. She loves the frog she was looking at that for ages when I put her to bed last night šŸ¤£šŸ’š bex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Oh my how gorgeous is Lily bed, she is loving her name. That pink blanket is so sweet. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who cares if blogging is on the way out!
    WEEEE the readers - read THIS blog. You can't ghost us. Such a sad sad thought.
    I know exactly what you are going through as far as markets. I stopped doing them altogether. I would sit there freezing or broiling making poo sales while the $12 hotdog line has 50 people in. Those same people hem and haw about spending $12 in my booth.
    And... my goods last forever and don't cause diarrhea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These GumBoots... Are they insulated (warm) or just water proof? Try the Uggs. It takes an awful lot of water to actually soak through Uggs. Uggs are warm, comfy, and light weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope blogging doesn't disappear. True, it seems to be the realm of older writers but that's because we know how to use words and don't need everything condensed to an emoji or sound grab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:29 PM

    I must be old, I don’t do instagram or tic toc just read you blog
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lily is so delightful and her brothers they’re growing fast…
    Family orientated weekend for you how lovely. Love the gum boots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:39 PM

    Love your gumboys Chris. Did Stew get some too. Great idea. I love Lily's pink blanket. Did Bex make it. So gorgeous. She looks one. Very happy girl. In fact they all are happy. Gosh Dante has changed as he's grown up. Archer still has that mischievous grin. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew has gumboots, but won't wear them to markets as they are too long. He's just going to wear his gardening boots, which are waterproof. No Bex didn't make Lily's blanket. The boys are growing like weeds!

      Delete
  11. Anonymous12:43 AM

    As nice as the bumper pads are in the cot, they are so unsafe for sleeping babies. Please do some research.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed half this post! I wonder how often that happens. I Do remember the blister from H#LL. I forgot that it was caused by Uggs though. I didn't realize you had lace up uggs. That would be cumbersome! I don't like lacing ANYTHING> Mine are slip on and feel like cozy slippers. The gumboots are darling! Combined with thick socks - you should be warm and dry. Fun to see more grand kids! Love the bumble bee night night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a SIDS mum and a SIDS volunteer counsellor those bumpers are NOT dangerous the way they are installed. It's only the older floppier ones that may have been an issue. Those cot bumpers will actually protect baby from hitting her head as she gets more mobile. Bex and Steve are doing exactly the right thing with Lily's bed to keep her safe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.