Tuesday, April 16, 2024

BACK TO WORK

 


One week after his operation, and Stew's heading back to work!

He's going in a bit later than his normal starting time, and will probably come home after his last appointment this afternoon.

I hope he isn't going to over do it, and just take it easy.

My plan for the day is just to do some more housework, but not windows.  I might do a little grocery shop as well, as we are out of a few staples.

I'll probably pop in and see how Lacy and Keera are doing as well.  

So, there ya go.  A fairly normal day ahead.

ONWARD...

10.50 am:  It's been a very late start today.  Stew and I stayed in bed until nearly 9 am!

Then he set off for work, and I went to the supermarket.

And now I'm home, the groceries are away and I'm about to make a Feijoa and Apple cake, or two.

I'm hoping adding apple gives it a little bit of added YUM.

Stew, don't overdo it at work, and I'll see you later on this afternoon.  Love you.

ABOVE:   11.30 am, two Feijoa & Apple Cakes in the oven.  Fingers crossed they are good, cos I did dick around with the recipe a bit.

I never quite follow a recipe 100%.  In these, I substituted 1/2 the white sugar for Raw Sugar, and didn't add the raw sugar to the 'cream the butter and sugar' part of the recipe.  I added it separately, just chucked it in the bowl with everything else.

Let's see how that works.  😂😊😋

ABOVE:  Perfect!  Tastes lovely.  Subtle feijoa and apple, not overpowering at all. 

Just did the vacuuming.  And remembered WHY I don't vacuum if I can help it.
I HATE IT SO MUCH... you have to constantly yank the machine to keep it up with you, it hurts my back and yeah, I just hate it.
YES, I have a stick vacuum, but it doesn't do as good a job as the regular vacuum.  

Next time I vacuum, I really should be in a better mood too.  I really just wanted to cry, it shits me that much!  
Now I've consigned the vacuum back to it's bloody corner and it can stay there forever as far as I'm concerned.

No walk photo from last night's FBG walk that I can see for now. Wish I'd taken a photo myself now.  NOTE TO SELF:  Take a photo, even if it's from the back of the group.

ABOVE:  I did see two rabbits coming off the Expressway though, and got a photo.  

Lucky you fullas are not in my lounge right now.  Stew arrived home, and I immediately launched into a massive bitch.  Pent up frustrations mostly.

I'm not going to WW tonight, I can't be arsed.
I've been going for 20 months and have not made one single friend.  I know I shouldn't be expecting to make friends, but hell!   That just sucks.
Maybe I'm just not friend material.  

See.   Foul mood.  
Got my Trulicity Injection this evening.  Oh Ya.

9 pm:  Tonight's Trulicity injection hurt a bit, then stung for about half an hour.  First time having that reaction.  But, it's not enough to stop me having the next one.  😊

Having a quiet evening with Stewie.  Watching the telly, playing my 2048 game on me phone. Just a normal evening.
Catch ya tomorrow, where it will be just as usual as today I'm sure.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:45 PM

    The cakes look tasty. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays2:51 PM

    Hiya that baking looks brilliant
    Love the idea of Apple with the Feijoa
    Have a fabulous day ,it’s lunch time where we are 🥝🐶
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:43 PM

    People have suggested getting a robot vacuum - is there a reason why you don't want one? I have a stick vacuum and it doesn't work very well on vinyl - it blows the dust around but it is OK on the carpet. BUT we have a cleaner once a week now - too many health problems now and it is great. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:25 PM

    I often have a rant cause I have no "friends". You're not on your own. But I think times have changed and people work then spend their spare time with their family. It frustrates me that I can't get out some days because of being dizzy
    Still I'm alive so need to count my blessings. ❤️ you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:19 PM

    Sounds like an unfriendly WW group. I remember meeting you at aqua and you are really friendly enough. Maybe just a clicky group. Anyway keep smiling xx

    Anne - Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get some WW meetings like that, been to a few myself. I’m still very good friends with some people I met at my original WW meets. I miss the meetings, closest to me is 45 minute drive away, thus me being an online member now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.