Monday, April 15, 2024

WINDOWS

 


 Half way through April already, it's scary how fast time flies as you age!

So today's plan?

Stew is going to 'work' from home today.  Let's see how long he lasts before he needs a break.

As for me, I've set myself a job.

And that is to wash the sun room windows, inside and out.  It is a big job, that room is all glass.

ABOVE:  LOL, Steve has his hands full there.

ABOVE:  Stew's little wounds are healing well... with no sign of infection.  His stitches are self dissolving, so we don't have to worry about that at all.  
Laparoscopic surgery is so damn good compared to a big incision!  I am sure that's why he's doing so well, so soon after surgery.

And that's about all I have for now.

ONWARD...


ABOVE:  Anon, yes I already have a Karcher window cleaner.  It's not bad, but does sometimes leave streaks.

11.30 am:  And that shitty job is over.
It took way longer than I anticipated because of the film on the windows. It was put on the windows and french doors to tint them, and keep the heat out.
I got so mad trying to get the french doors clean, no matter what I did they still looked yuk.

ABOVE:  There were a few places where the film was damaged, looking awful.

ABOVE:  I scrubbed and scrubbed, but those damn hand marks would NOT come off.  Because, they were UNDER the bloody film!  Who the fuck puts film on top of dirty windows???

ABOVE: So... OFF CAME THE FILM.


ABOVE:  WOW, what a difference that made.
I'm now eyeing up the other windows in the sun room.... 

But I won't be doing it today.  I'm already done.

ABOVE:  We just had a quick visit from Bex and the kids.
She had been baking...


ABOVE:  And now we have some still warm Feijoa Loaf to enjoy.


ABOVE:  Dante spotted this bell... and asked who bought it for us?
Then he said "It couldn't be Grandma, she's the DOMINANT ONE".
That cracked us all up!
  
Then Dante said "Grandma is MORE FEROCIOUS TOO".
I do believe that child knows his Grandma very well. 

BTY:  The bell is NOT being used to summon me!  I would shove it down his gob if he did that!  I just found it the other day and put it on the coffee table.  And, I'm pretty sure Brylee bought it as a 'joke' present some time ago.

We have had a very quiet afternoon, just surfing the 'net, Stew did a little bit of work then lay down for a while.
Now... it's almost 5.30 pm, and I'm off to Cambridge for an FBG walk.

ABOVE:  Tonight's walk stats. A lovely walk and talk with fellow walkers.  There will probably be a walk photo tomorrow, once the walk leader posts it, and I've blanked out everyone's face!

For now, it's time to just relax and enjoy the remainder of the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Hear me out, best thing I have bought in ages. I use this in bathrooms on tiles, shower screen, mirrors, windows. https://www.bunnings.co.nz/karcher-wv-6-plus-window-vac_p0129279

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is this thing? I have never seen such a gadget! I use a plain old squeegee, bucket, and a rag.

      Delete
    2. It sucks the water off the windows after you clean them. It's not that great. To be honest, I stopped using it half way through and went back to tried and true window cleaner and paper towels. THAT works the best.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:42 PM

    We replaced three windows a few years ago. It took months to finally get them but when they were installed they weren’t tinted and hubby was fuming. Rather than replace the glass we went with the option of the glazier putting tint on them. All six panes have fluff under the tint. After all the drama we left it’s it was. It had taken 6 months as it was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too would be bloody angry about that!

      Delete
  3. Tricia1:18 PM

    We just bought a feijoa tree, can't wait for it to fruit. Glad Stew is healing well. Also Bex seems like such a lovely natural mum, those kids are so gorgeous and smart. And I'm sure those boys get their sense of humour from their daddy.
    Trish from Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:07 PM

    What a Before and After! It's like someone turned the lights on. Enjoy the clear view. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have film on all my windows but you'd never know - it was professionally installed and I got it because before I had it, the sun not only totally faded my carpet it literally rotted my carpet! It really does protect your furniture and carpet so perhaps look at getting a proper application of the film?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Had tint film on windows in lounge in other place it was dreadful. The glass here is tinted which is really necessary cause it's a suntrap. Even today was hot. Great Stew is mending well.
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:55 PM

    Wow!!! you have had a busy day..... all looks good....Peta

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.