Sunday, April 07, 2024

HUKA FALLS

 


Alright, no dicking around, straight into Huka Falls photos/videos:
















ABOVE:  If you have not visited Huka Falls, I STRONGLY recommend you do if possible.  It's beautiful.  Magical.  Well worth a visit.
And FREE.

Unless you want to get on the Jet Boat.  That's quite expensive at $139 per adult.   I think it's cheaper if you go in a large group.  It is a 30 minute jet boat ride.  One day we will do it.

Right, that's a wrap on our day trip from yesterday.

Today we have a few bits 'n' bobs to get at The Base.  And I also want to look for something BLOODY WARM to wear to markets over the winter months.

Stew thinks a Ski Suit might be what I need... I think I'd look like a dick in a ski suit!  But maybe just the pants would work for me?
I'm gunna have a look in Kathmandu.

First up this morning though, I'm going to put a big Steak and Kidney stew on in the crock pot.
We can enjoy that for a few nights this coming week.

ONWARD...

10.21 am:  Well after traipsing around several sports shops, looking for snow pants, or something similar to wear at markets... I decided to go completely off track.
And I bought this instead:

ABOVE:  Super comfy, warm, thickly padded and not horrendously expensive like others in the shops like Kathmandu.  We found this at Rebel, and while it was fairly expensive, I think it will be worth it, as I can wear it all winter long.
Add my Ugg boots and thick socks and I should be warm enough at markets now.
Next weekend is our next market, so I shall be taking it with me for sure.

While at the shops, I bought stuff for the pool to keep the water from going mega green over winter.  So, I better go and add that right now.

I went into the sewing room around 11 am, but after making just two Bowl Cosys, I realised I wasn't in the mood.
So came inside and did ... NOTHING!
I'm simply not in the mood for much today.

Stew did the lawns, and I got all the washing done.  So there really isn't anything else on our agenda.

Just making sure everything is tickkety boo before Stew's operation on Tuesday.

The Steak 'n' Kidney stew is smelling amazing, my mouth is watering.
We will have some with mashed potatoes and veges come dinnertime.
I hope it's a good as it smells.   It's years since I made a steak 'n' kidney stew!

ABOVE:  And it's done.   There is enough to feed us for a week in there.  Yummy.   Cooking the veges now, then it will be DINNERTIME.

8.13 pm: Well the stew was lovely, EXCEPT for the kidneys.  I didn't like the kidney chunks AT ALL.  Stew didn't mind, cos that weird man likes kidney.  Ikkk.   I will still eat the stew, but the kidney pieces will be fed to the dogs!  I'm sure they will love it.

And that's it for today.   I'm off to bed fairly early this evening.  Daylight Saving went back today, and I'm also feeling rather tired.  Possibly down to the new drug I'm on.  Who knows?   
Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Huka Falls reminds me of Peter Plumley-Walker I lived in Taupo when that happened huge scandal at the time. Not much on the agenda here apart from usual Sunday meal prep GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turquoise water! WOW. The boat looks obnoxious. And FUN. Is there tubing or white water rafting on that river? Quiet, non-motorized forms of water fun!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:39 AM

    The teachers who do play ground duty here swear by ski suits!

    My guess is people will tell you that you are brilliant at the markets for wearing one.

    Look on your local resale sites and see if you can find a deal.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:51 PM

      I use disposable toe warmers that stick on to the bottom of my socks. Here they are in hunting section of stores.
      Vickie

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:49 AM

    You'll need a mortgage to buy anything at Kathmandu! Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:04 PM

    The color of the water is amazing. You'll love being warm in your new coat. Enjoy! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cold does it get there? Below freezing? It's fascinating how people can adapt to different climates. I was in Costa Rica - and took a tour of a volcano. The tour guides were making such a big deal about how COLD it was UP THERE! Bring warm jackets. Blah blah blah. It was just a tiny bit cooler up there. A difference I would never notice. But they would bundle up. My friend in Florida is the same way. She gets all freezing cold if the temp drops three degrees and will turn on the heat. I don't take action and put on long sleeves unless it changes 10-15 degrees. There is also a big difference between being outside all day like you will be, versus running quickly to the car. etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now it is 24 degrees C (75 degrees F). First thing this morning it was around 9 degrees C (48 degrees F). In the middle of winter our average temperature range is 6 - 14 degrees C (42 - 57 F). I am sure these temperatures are NOT cold to you! But it is all down to what you are used to. And I hate being cold, and sitting at a market for 5-6 hours doing bugger all makes you freeze! ADD in wind? Even worse.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:18 PM

      If there are plugs, you could sit on an electric heating pad.

      Vickie

      Delete
    3. All our markets are outside, open air paddocks etc. There are certainly NO PLUGS! lol

      Delete
    4. Anonymous2:14 AM

      I am going to have to look the next time I am at one here, to see how they do it, Because our open air ones often have plugs. They might be hooked up to generators.
      Vickie

      Delete
  7. Kiwionholidays4:37 PM

    Loving the pics brings back lotsa memories of the Falls
    You have to be there to really appreciate that colour is so real and the force of the water amazing
    Loving the Jacket what a brilliant idea
    Well thought out
    All the best for Stew on Tuesday the day will fly by n he’ll be back home feeling %💯 better

    Take care
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steak and kidney stew funny mum and I were talking about one ladt night wasnt sure if she could eat kidney. How do u thicken a stew in crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The falls are amazing. I definitely wouldn't want to be in that little boat anywhere near all that water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Our son who kayaks always threatened to kayak through the huka falls! Also remember a trip back from holiday and the kids all in the back seat moaning they were hot. Peter told them we would stop soon for a swim. I wondered where then he pulled up at Huka Falls. Kids not impressed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO MUCH for posting the photos! I went to NZ in 2003 and these were my only 'mystery' location photos! I can now label them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:37 PM

    You have mentioned “tired” several times.

    Curious if this means you are sleeping better? Fall asleep, stay asleep, sleep longer?

    Does it mean you are pacing yourself better? Sewing for shorter periods of time so you hurt less?

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m with you Chris….no kidney

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.