Wednesday, April 17, 2024

BACK TO NORMAL

 


Stew is back at work again today, I think his time at home recovering is over.

Fine by me.  He's OK, that's all that matters.

I'm going for a walk today.  Probably just around the mall today.  

ABOVE: Monday night's FBG walk photo.  I don't know why I bother posting them anymore?  Maybe I'll stop, and just take some of my own from the back of the group.

When I get home from my walk I'm going into the sewing room to try and muster some enthusiasm, and make something.

ONWARD...

Right, I just had an awesome walk.

I decided to go somewhere new today.

ABOVE: Today I went to The Base and parked at the very far end of Mitre 10, then walked around the entire shopping centre.  I went around twice, which was just a little bit further in distance than going around the lake.

I really enjoyed it.  It was nice for a change, and I didn't have to cross town to get to the lake for a change.  And it was a nicer walk than around Chartwell Square.

ABOVE:  OH LOOK GM, I am smiling.   Do you know how hard it is to friggin well smile when you are on ya own, with nothing to actually smile about?  Pffffft, just for you my friend.

On my way home from The Base, I ended up picking something up and bringing it home.

More later.

ABOVE:  Well, 'it' was Miss Muppet. And there she is putting icing on a piece of Feijoa and Apple Cake.

And enjoying Jelly and sweets as well.


ABOVE:  I don't even feel guilty letting her eat so much sugar!  It's what Grandmas do.  SPOIL THEM rotten.

I'm just doing my job.

Because I love Granny Smith Apples, I bought some yesterday, and have just cooked them up to have with yoghurt.   I used 'fake' sugar, being mindful of my diabetes.

I got on the scales this morning.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice loss.

Maybe something is working!

MICHELLE C... Thank You for your lovely, supportive comment.  I needed it.

COLLEEN... I agree.  I'm not going to worry about it anymore.  

ABOVE:  Keera and I spent a couple of hours hanging out with Bex and the kids this afternoon.

Keera LOVED spending time with Lily.

And Lily enjoyed talking to Keera too.




ABOVE:  My favourite photo of the day.  Lily is just so cute.

We are now home, and I'm just contemplating getting dinner prepared.  I've got Corned Beef in the crock pot, so just need to get the veges done now.  It can wait another hour...

Our dinner was really lovely, nothing beats corned beef and cheese sauce!  Keera LOVED IT.

She's now in bed, and we are just winding down for the evening.
Time to sign off for the day,  Catch Ya Tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Chris. So glad Stew is recovering so well. Just sending you a hug. Hang in there with all your endeavors. Don't let anyone bring you down. Give the new med a few months and try to not think about the weight situation. You have done amazing. I understand the emotional eating and the ups and downs of a weight loss journey. Dont give in when you are feeling down. You are doing it for you remember and those that love you want you healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:04 AM

    I personally wouldn't worry about FBG walking group photos. There's no need really. You're doing the activity as a social gathering, and exercising with friends, so there's not really any need. If you go for coffee after and they agree to be in a group photo then, then you can take a social one. Otherwise, don't worry yourself with it. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keera looks so happy to be with her Grandma. Enjoy your time with her. She is such a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep smiling, even if you don’t feel like it 😁. Keera looks like she is having fun and it is nice for the two of you to have time together 💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:15 PM

    All sounds and looks good Chris...I am still waiting to see if I can get that script filled....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your face shows you have lost so much weight. So do your legs and bum. It's the girls that make you look bigger than you really are and sadly, they ain't going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Stew has recovered so swiftly.
    I’ve been training new staff these last few mornings and missed my jabberwalks with my buddy. Going to have to go solo later when it’s not so hot.
    Glad your scales are being nice Chris. You’re looking great, love your smile 😘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Love granny smith apples stewed I dnt add sugar....mum thinks I'm mad but I dnt add it to rhubarb either. Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Have a look at photos when you were decorating the tree Chris. I saw one on my phone and wow, you are amazing. Never look back Chris. You have achieved so much kj

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree lovely photos of you Chris
    Especially smiling 😁
    Love the photos of Keera and Lily just delightful that smile of Lily just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:59 PM

    Well bugger me there's a smile 😂 keep your chin up Chris GM 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  12. Warmed my heart to see what you brought home. So glad to read the rest of your post. Your heart was hurting and you kept going and did what you knew was right.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:40 PM

    Eek love the photos of baby girl. She's so bloody cute 😍 💓 love her to bits.
    Bex 💚 💚 yea keeras a bit cute aswell lol 😆

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.