Friday, April 05, 2024

SO, SO CROSS

 


GOOD MORNING.


I was out last night for about two hours.

And in that time, Marley decided she'd be VERY, VERY NAUGHTY.

ABOVE:  I had put this large roll of batting down on the garage floor a few days ago, so I could use the table it was on.

And last night she decided to play hide and seek with a toy, by burying it under the batting, then digging it out again.

Thus ruining my batting.

AGAIN.

She's done it once before.  But I bloody well forgot didn't I?

It's as much my fault I suppose, but that doesn't help my feelings towards her right now.

I want to bloody well throttle her.

So now I know I must NOT keep anything down that she might ruin.  Well, I kinda knew that already, and have Marley proofed the house as much as possible. 

GRRRRRrrrrrr.  πŸ˜–πŸ˜•πŸ˜ 

ABOVE: These are my 'spare' Bowl Cosys.  I've made them over the past few days.
There are 109 Bowl Cosy's there!
I am happy with that, but have a few more to make before I'm done.

ABOVE: And, because of Marley's naughtiness, I have covered the bottom of the shelving unit to protect them from her.

Now, back to today.
I'm off for a walk.

I have now experienced three 'side effects' of taking Trulicity.
The most obvious is lack of appetite.  This is GOOD.
The second one is fatigue.  It got me two night's ago, but since then I've been fine.
The third one got me yesterday.
HEARTBURN... or indigestion, however you like to describe it.

I had a moderate amount of food for lunch yesterday, and had heartburn all afternoon.  Totally unexpected.  
I looked up the side effects of Trulicity, and they were all listed.
So far so good then.
If the heartburn continues, I will just start taking Losec.

What else?   Nah, nothing.  I'm off to go walkies.
ONWARD...

I didn't go for a walk.  I just didn't feel like it after all that, and I'm feeling BLAH.

So instead, I've done some housework, and now I'm about to spread that batting out on the driveway and see just how much damage was done.

Just a friendly reminder... if you feel inclined to leave NASTY comments, they will automatically get DELETED.  And they are like water off a duck's back, I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me.  I've been blogging for almost 18 years and there's nothing you can say that I ain't heard (and ignored) before. Have a nice day.

Well, that certainly worked up a sweat and a half!  Rolling that much batting out on the driveway was no mean feat.
But I'm so glad I did, because...

ABOVE: The damage is minimal compared to last time!  I'm so relieved.
This batting is very hard to get right now, there is a shortage throughout the country.  So I was scared Marley had ruined A LOT OF IT.
I use this batting for all my runners, and go through heaps of it.

Anyway, moving on.  I am not sure if I will be sewing today.  I'm tired and a bit grumpy.  Headache as well.
Might go and watch a movie.


ABOVE:  Sorted that out.  They are still 'with me' in the sewing room, can look outside at everyone passing, but Marley cannot get into a bloody thing in here.  YES!

ABOVE:  Well after watching some totally predictable, fucking boring rom-com, I came back into the sewing room.
Only 7 Bowl Cosys done today, but I'm happy with them.  The total in the 'stash' is now 116.

I've started watching 'Designated Survivor' on Netflix.  I'm really enjoying it.

I'm about to leave the sewing room now and sort out some dinner for Stew.
He should be home in the next half an hour or so, depending on traffic.

Tomorrow we are going on a little road trip, which will be nice.  I think I need a break from home.  

The injection site for my Shingles Vaccination has a large red circle around it... and it still hurts like hell!  But... it's also starting to itch a tiny bit, which means it's starting to get better.  Thank goodness, cos it's been so very sore!

Interestingly, there is NOTHING to show where I had the Trulicity injection, and it's not sore at all.

10 pm:  It's been a rather typical Friday night.  Stew had a couple of rum 'n' cokes and watched sport etc on the telly.  I meantime, put headphones on and watched some YouTube.
I had a lovely pear for my 'dinner', having had my main meal at lunchtime.

Now, we are both tired and off to bed.  

12 comments:

  1. Margaret10:38 AM

    So Marley gets a reprieve from the Naughty Corner? I’m pleased the batting wasn’t a total ruin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.... all I can do is make sure she does not have access to anything I don't want ruined! She's not in the naughty corner. She IS locked out of the sewing room though. I'm tired of constantly having to make sure NOTHING is left down for her to nick. She takes cottons, bits of fabric, cardboard templates, and anything I drop on the floor!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:52 AM

      I use baby gates to keep the dogs out of my sewing room.

      They are the type that open like a gate.

      The dogs can lay right up against the gate and see me, but are kept safe from anything they might be tempted to chew.

      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Oh, I would be so livid at Marley! Shame on her! I wonder why some dogs do that and others don't? Being naughty, just like humans, I guess. Ha Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get used to the new medicine soon. Hope it doesn't drain your energy and make you skip walkies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays6:09 PM

    Worry it’s been a bad day hate it when that happens,but tomorrow a road trip sounds fantastic enjoy and travel safe
    More memories for you ones to make
    Pouring all day here so cabin fever nearly lol
    Enjoy the weekend
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just been an average day here. I hope all is ok where you are, and the terrible predicted weather isn't too bad. I hear flooding in on the cards?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous6:32 PM

      Thanks for the concern Chris , it’s not too bad where we are we actually badly need rain nothing like others are getting it’s quite scary for them especially as some are getting days of it and really heavy falls
      Enjoy your weekend πŸ’―πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ’πŸ₯☕️🍿

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:19 AM

    Oh Marley, you naughty girl. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simon likes to bury her bones on my bed. She's ruined one sheet by digging at it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:42 PM

    That's an impressive amount of bowl copies. Look great on shelves Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mug! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.