Saturday, April 06, 2024

YAAAAA!

 


Today we are going on a day trip to Taupo and Kinloch.

We are visiting my Aunt and Uncle who live just out of Taupo, in Kinloch.

We just got accepted as Stall Holders at the Kinloch Market, to be held in October.

So, we are going to suss out where the market is, and how long it takes to get there from my Aunt and Uncles home.  We will be staying with them the night before the market.

We also need a little trip out and about.  We have been home bodies quite long enough, and  next week we will be stuck at home mostly, due to Stew having his operation on Tuesday.

So... let's start the day and get on the road.

First stop will be the cemetery in Tokoroa, to tidy my family's graves.

ONWARD...

3 pm... and we are having a wonderful day. 

There will be a BIG photo dump LATE tonight.

We don't expect to be home until well after dinner. 


6.44 pm:  And we are finally home.

We have had a really neat day.  It started with a visit to HUKA FALLS... we spent quite a bit of time there in fact.  It was so lovley.   I am going to keep the photos of that until tomorrow.

After the Falls, we grabbed some lunch in Taupo,  to take out to my Aunt & Uncles home.

We spent a very pleasant 2-3 hours with them, then we drove down the road (only a couple of kms), to Kinloch.  

Where we sussed out the market site, then had a wander along the lake front.

ABOVE:  The view from my Aunt & Uncles home.  You can actually see Lake Taupo from here, but in a photo, not so easily.  It's smack bang in the middle, in the distance.


ABOVE: This is where the Kinloch Market will be held in October.  It's a lovely site.










ABOVE:  All of them taken at Kinloch.


ABOVE:  Don't ask, I just liked it!

Now as I said before, I shall post photos of the Huka Falls tomorrow. 

There's quite enough on here for today.

On our way home, we visited family in the Tokoroa Cemetery, then we stopped in Cambridge for dinner at our favourite Indian Restaurant.  I was feeling 'weird'.... clearly I didn't have enough lunch.  I had the WORST hot flush ever, and my feet were tingling... luckily after eating some of my dinner I started to feel a bit better.

Grrrr... I still haven't quite got it quite right yet, but I will soon.

All up, a super lovely day.  

Time to sign off for the day, I'm feeling exhausted.  An early night for me again I think.

11 comments:

  1. We stopped in at Kinloch earlier in the year, it's such a gorgeous little town! Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14 AM

    I think you are smart to do out of town/unique markets. Good for sales and socialization to be in new surroundings.

    Bonus - see family.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:21 AM

    Have fun with your Out and About trip. It is always good to take a trip, see different scenery, other happenings. Have fun!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your outing. Good idea to do some fun adventures now. I am sure Stew's surgery will go smoothly. He has had it before - right? My hubby had it too. It went smoothly for him. In fact, my hubby had to CARRY my FRIEND out to the car so we could take her to the hospital. This was days after his hernia surgery. Thankfully nothing bad happened. Although - I don't recommend that !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Happy to hear you having wonderful day ✨️

    ReplyDelete
  6. That anonymous was me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Is this another hernia and not the one the PN team were going to fix for him lol. I'm sure this will be 100% better. I'm hoping to go out today. Haven't been able to go anywhere for 3 weeks.. becoming a dizzy recluse. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of a delightful town and charming couple. Looking forward to seeing Huka Falls. So much power and white water

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't be disappointed, I've got 4 videos lined up ready to go! And a few photos. It's such an amazing place.

      Delete
  9. Looks like a stunning day. Amazing photos

    ReplyDelete
  10. You live in such a beautiful part of the world. I was going to say " I hope you appreciate it" . But I KNOW you do. It is abundantly clear and obvious. I still have to say it... BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.