Sunday, April 28, 2024

BYE BYE KIDS

 


Today Mike and Joyce head home again.

It's always sad to see them leave.

We've had a lovely few days with them, thanks so much for coming up kiddos.  We love you to bits.

This afternoon I have an FBG walk planned.  I don't usually do FBG walks on the weekend, but it's one I haven't done yet, and it might not come up again for months, so best to tick it off today if I can.

I'm going to cook some Asado Beef Short Ribs in the slow cooker today.  I'm so interested to see how they come out.  It's a cut I've never cooked before.  

ONWARD...

10.45 am, and we are just back from a river walk with Mike, Joyce and all three dogs.

Such a glorious day for a walk.

ABOVE: Mike inspecting his pointy finger, which he managed to cut somehow along our walk.


ABOVE: "If I put me finger up in the air, maybe it will stop bleeding?"   It did eventually.

Peace out... ☮  😂😅👀





ABOVE:  The section of river path we took today was a section Stew and I had not already walked, so it was nice to see new areas of the river.

There were several little tracks down to the water's edge, and even SAND in places!  

I'd love to go further next time, once Stew is up to it.  We walked 2.5 kms this time, and it was enough for him.

Stew and I are now home alone, as Mike and Joyce have promised to take the boys out again.  So they are off doing that.  They will be home in time to pack up and leave, before I head over to Cambridge for me FBG walk.

The Short Ribs are in the crock pot, and smell delicious already.  I can't wait till dinner time.

4.17 pm:  And just like that, I'm home from Cambridge.  We had a lovely walk this afternoon, it was a tad warm, but thankfully, I didn't overheat.  It was close, but there was a little cool breeze that helped keep me from getting too hot.

ABOVE:  All the trees are starting to turn, and there's so many leaves on the ground already.  It's such a pretty season.

ABOVE: today's walk stats, I'm happy with that.

I'm taking a little break now, before getting our dinner cooked.  

And... dinner is done.  It was a lovely meal.

The Asado Beef broke down in the crock pot and it pretty much became a beef stew!  Next time I will slow fry it.

I just had some fun editing my latest walk photo... wait till you see it tomorrow.  It's a bit funny.

Mike and Joyce are almost home, so I can go to bed knowing they are safe.

And bedtime is not too far away, we are both tired.

Catch ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:40 AM

    I had to look up Asado Beef Short Ribs and they look dang good!! Let us know how they turn out. Enjoy!!
    Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 walks today! Good job! Let us know how the ribs were. Sounds delish. Are you watching anything good? I need suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a beautiful spot and sharing it with loved ones makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:45 AM

    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend....Peta

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.