Wednesday, April 03, 2024

HOW DID IT GO?

 


Right.

How did my first Trulicity injection go last night?

AMAZING!

I bought some numbing cream from the chemist on my doctors advice... cos I'm a whimp.

ABOVE:  I drew a circle on me fat belly, so once we wiped the numbing cream off, we still knew where to place the injection.

Waited about 20 minutes, then boom...


ABOVE: Stew positioned the thingee, pushed the green button, it went CLICK.... and then he waited for the second loud click.  ALL DONE.

Did I feel it?

NOPE.  Not a bloody thing!

So, so relieved.  I am not going to stress out about doing that once a week at all.

Now I just have to keep making good food choices, and walk every other day.  Cos the drug won't work on it's own.  It is just an appetite blocker from what I understand.

I will let you know how I feel, any side effects and so on... as the days/weeks go by.

I'm out of sync with my walking, usually I go Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  But this week is a bit off, thanks to Easter.  And then next week Stew will be having his hernia operation, so that might put a bit of a spanner in the works as well.

But I will just do the best I can for now.

I'm off to Cambridge this morning to join the FBG's on a 5 km walk.

Once home, I will concentrate on getting more bowl cosy's made.

ONWARD...

8.30 am, and I'm in Cambridge a bit early. Another very foggy morning,  but the sun is burning it off pretty fast. This walk has a few hills so I'm not doing a warm up walk today. I'll save me energy for the bloody hills.

11.30 am:  A long time in Cambridge today.  We did the walk, then off for coffee.  I just took me Diet Coke of course. 



ABOVE:  The Waikato River was looking very fetching today.  

On our walk, we went down a street that had a brand new home on it... and the new owner was out the front.

He invited us in to look at his beautiful new home and the view he has.  Clearly, he is really proud of his new home!

ABOVE:  His home was the one on the left.  There are strict covenants on homes built in this street, so they all look very similar.

It's one of the most expensive streets in Cambridge.

Anyway, the owner and his wife only moved in YESTERDAY.  There were unpacked boxes everywhere.   And the home's landscaping was still a work in progress.


ABOVE:  he took us around the back to take in his view.  Very nice I must say.  He invited us inside the home as well, but we declined.  It was obvious they were not 'settled in' yet!

So, that was a nice distraction on our walk.

ABOVE: The walk stats.  Slow, but nice.  We added a bit of distance on the end by walking over the river to the nearest coffee shop.

We sat and yakked for a good hour today, so I'm rather late home.  

Now... I might just go and get some sewing done.

BTW:  I've not felt hungry today at all... maybe I will in an hour or so.  I better make good choices for me lunch... I'm not going to jab myself regularly and just blow it by eating crap!

My arm is really, really sore where I got the Shingles Vaccination.  I hope it eases up soon.  

ABOVE:   Pfffft!  Lacy and a friend of hers are walking around the bloody lake. WITHOUT ME.

I would have gone.  *sigh*  Remind me to slap her one next time I see her!

4.45 pm:   And I'm still NOT feeling hungry!  But I will be having dinner when Stew gets home.

6.36 pm:  Well... I had some dinner.  Probably half what I would normally eat too.  I'm just not hungry!

ABOVE: The dogs are loving my left overs.

7.22 pm:  And I'm done for the day.  I'm knackered and like so, so tired.  I will be going to bed early tonight.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad the injection went smoothly. I hope you have good results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 AM

    Good for you Chris. Have a story about my sister, you can probably relate. She had gastric sleeve operation, cut her stomach by 80%,cost her $15,000, lost 63 kilos, then paid $15,000 to have excess skin removed. Sad to say she has put on 25-30 kilos and is now on the Australian equivalent to Ozempic. Not my business, haven’t said a word. It’s funny how we’re all different. I am an exerciser, god help me if I didn’t, I love rubbish like lots of us do. Am in Amsterdam at the minute, after Paris, doing roughly 30,000 steps a day, but after only 6 days away, I can feel the weight going on by the minute 😩😩😩Marie, Melbourne (Amsterdam)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can relate, though I didn't have weight loss surgery. Weight issues are a life long thing. You either have them or ya don't. I wanna come back as a stick insect! Lol enjoy your holiday, experience everything, even the food. You can work on any weight gain when you get home. Life is for living to the full.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:55 AM

    Good Luck with the injections Chris and hope you are able to achieve your weightloss.The NHS in the UK is on its knees and all our healthcare people are burnt out and retiring early and there seems to be a national shortage of a lot of drugs so hope your Dr in NZ is able to keep supplying yours for as long as you need it.Wendy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:29 AM

    Just being nosey as my hubby is diabetic and needs to lose weight. Was thinking he might get benefit from this med too. Is there a charge for the injections or are they covered if you have diabetes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funded if you have diabetes.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:05 PM

    I knew you could do it! :) Your walk looks beautiful, I must start taking my boy for walks, to soak up the fresh air. Enjoy the rest of your day, we have rain here! Sharnee, Melbourne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Glad the shot has gone well for you thus far. I didn't know about this drug or what it did to a person, ie...loss of appetite, So maybe that and wanting smaller portions is part of it all. Good luck!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:30 PM

    Chris, my arm was really sore after both shingles jabs, not complaining as needs to be done, just mentioning. But after second jab I had a side effect of extreme lethargy for one day, could hardly keep my eyes open, friends had same issue, again not whinging, just saying. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry VICKIE, I managed to hit 'DELETE' on your comment! I will post it via me now: Anonymous

    You

    Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "HOW DID IT GO?":

    My shingles shots were all the way back in 2019. I can’t remember, but luckily I had made notes which said I was sore too, both times. But you are right - good to get them done.

    I am not sure I could inject myself either. But my daughter has been giving herself shots for over ten years with no trouble. And she was young when she started.

    Although I have epi pens. And I am positive if I was having breathing problems, I could do that.

    When the epis expire, we discharge them into oranges, to practice. We have been doing that for years, so we have all gotten to try it.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.