Friday, November 11, 2022

FAST!

 I don't know about you, but I've found this week has flown by.

And I've not even been that busy.

Weird.

This weekend we are going to get the kayaks ready for summer.  Wash them, check they have no damage, though they shouldn't.

We've not used them in a couple of years.  Time to change that up, and get on the water again.

Stew bought a new roof rack holder thingee for them, so we don't have to take them on a trailer.

We'd like to go on day trips (or weekends) to surrounding lakes, and just get out there and enjoy ourselves.  

We are not keen on kayaking in the sea... we have a very healthy respect for (read: terrible fear) of sharks.  And there's talk of there being quite a few more around now.  Just not going to risk it.  I'm not keen on Orcas either.  

So that's one thing on the agenda for tomorrow probably.

As for today, I decided late last night that I am going to make some Christmas presents for Stew's sister, and a cousin who is visiting from America.  

We are going down to see Khady at the end of this month, fitting a visit in between markets really.  And the cousin is heading off to the South Island in December, and we want to see her before that.  So there ya go... I can do some more sewing after all.

MEH... just remembered I need to go to a Tyre place and get my two front tyres replaced.  *sigh*  I will do that this morning.  Hopefully it won't take too long... if I can get it in today.  Maybe I have to book an appointment?  Dunno.  Gunna find out though eh?  😖😕😏

Right... off to start my day.  Catch ya later.


11 am. I have just spent one and a half hours at a tyre shop. Half an hour of that time was spent listening to the guy telling me why I REALLY SHOULD change all four of my  tyres, not just the two the VTNZ said I needed. 

I declined his ever so kind offer of an 'AMAZING DISCOUNT' he would give me.
This was after being shown various tyres and how they wear, how MY tyres looked BLA BLA BLA.

THEN he tried selling me discounted wheel alignments for 'only $199'!
I was like... No thank you. I don't believe I need a wheel alignment every 6 months. Good try though.

ABOVE: Not busy in there.  After finally getting out of there I went back to the VTNZ for my re-check. And no.
There was a triple queue out the drive and down the road!  Think I'll do that another day.

ABOVE: My car just clocked 90,000 kms.  

And now... I'm at The Workingmens Club for lunch with Stew.

ABOVE:  Our delicious lunch today:  Chicken and Mushroom Filo Pastry with a side salad and chips.
They have a 'Carvery' on Fridays, and we did consider it.  But we can have roast meat and veges any day of the week here at home, so nah.

ABOVE:  Home now and I'm finally settling down to make the runner for Stew's cousin.  

After sewing for a couple of hours I decided to stop for the day.
Our dinner tonight was Chicken Schnitzel, mashed potatoes with cheese and baked beans.  'Silly Bugger Dinner' which we often have on a Friday night.

Now... just relaxing, watching TV till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:38 AM

    Hey Chris, I am currently watching The Watcher on Netflix, 7 episodes, think you’d enjoy it, I find it a bit scary but I’m all over the place as to “who did it”. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love kayaking. No sharks or Orcas in Minnesota. Just Loons and fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your lunch with your number one human

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend just had 111,111 on her car today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to get all four of my tyres replaced for my last warrant - they all wore out equally. That lunch looks yum but I can't go past a good carvery! We don't have roasts often now with just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunch looks delicious
    I have been chopping, dicing and cooking. It’s our turn to host ‘ beer club’ just a group of guys that try different beers. Everyone takes a turn to host once every two years. Attendees have gone from 10, 7 yesterday now down to 5. Just a pity we shopped for it Wednesday and I had thawed 2.5 kg of mince out already:-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.