Friday, November 04, 2022

A HUGE MESS

 I have been sewing consistently for about SIX MONTHS.  Almost every day in fact, unless we have been away.

And what's happened is that I've gotten into a huge mess in the sewing room.

It may not look like it, but I have boxes and containers all over the place, waiting to be put back in their rightful place.

All the little scraps of fabric have been thrown into boxes under the working trestle, not in the scraps boxes.

Because the Scrap Boxes are on the other side of the garage.

So I decided last night to make a start on getting all the fabrics sorted and back into some sort of order.

First up, move the scrap boxes BACK into the sewing room.

Which means MOVING the brown couch out of the sewing room.

AS A CONSEQUENCE ... that means moving a whole shit load of things in the garage and sun room.

It's going to take a lot of juggling.

I had thought of just giving that brown couch away, but when Stew came home last night he worked out how we could juggle things and keep it.

But OMG, it means moving about 8 different 'things'... the couch, shelves, 2 marble top units, plant shelving and various other bits 'n' bobs.

Why is nothing easy???

I can do quite a bit of it myself, but Stew will need to help me with some of the stuff.

I'm no longer able to move really heavy, bulky stuff on my own dammit.

ABOVE:  It's started....

And I think this job is going to keep me busy all day!  Cos I'm only able to keep working for about an hour before I need to take a break!

Getting old sucks.



10.36 am:  And for once I got up before 8 am!

I dreamed about the sewing room, and all I had to do in there, so I simply could not stay in bed.

ABOVE:  3.5 hours in, and believe it or not I'm definitely making inroads with the chaos.
There's still heaps to do, but I reckon I'll have the sewing room done by mid afternoon.

The garage has the brown couch in it for now, Stew gets to move that into the sun room either tonight, or tomorrow.

12.30 pm:  And it's DONE!

ABOVE:  My mission was to get all the scraps of fabric back into the scrap bins.  DONE.
And tidy up the fat quarters/slightly larger scraps. DONE.

ABOVE: The next job was sorting out fabrics that were in 'PROJECT BAGS/BOXES', and put the fabric back into the fabric cupboard for general use.  DONE.

I do have a few project boxes still, but I've certainly HALVED how many there are.  Any fabric in those project boxes is only suitable for said 'PROJECT'... so I don't have to worry about not using fabric that is in a project box.

ABOVE:  SEWING ROOM .... DONE.

The garage is done, but there's a few cardboard boxes to get rid of.
The sunroom can wait until tomorrow, when Stew can help me.

Now... back to normal work.  Soup Bowl Cosy's. 
But first... I'm taking a break!

4.45 pm:  After my lengthy break, I did go into the sun room and make a start in there.  But I've decided to now wait till Stew is home, as I think the configuration needs to change from what we had discussed earlier.

I've cut my 2nd lettuce from our vege pods.  Dinner this evening is going to be Pork Chops, Lamb patties, potato wedges and a lettuce salad.
Sounds rather yum eh?

Dinner was very good, but as we often do, we had too much.  I now have acid reflux!  Damn.  I hope it doesn't keep me awake or worse, having to sleep in a chair all night.


12 comments:

  1. I hate a mess and having things get out of order. Good luck with the sorting and moving - hopefully you'll love it all when you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get overwhelmed just thinking about things that need doing in my craft room, so you are marvelous getting onto it

    ReplyDelete
  4. RuthW in MD10:53 AM

    It is amazing how the mind will take over and help you accomplish the task. It will be a very nicely organized workroom when sorted out, and you will be able to keep it in order more easily...hopefully! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I sit here I am looking at the disaster that is my craft room. I have a heavy sofa bed in it that is used for dumping stuff. I wonder if I could move it? See what you've started?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Done! As I sit here procrastinating and reading this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you have done well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic effort, I bet it makes you happy seeing it all nice & tidy & ordered again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s a big job but what a difference go you all tidy again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiwionholidays6:20 PM

    What a fab productive day you have had . Well done you,,,
    Saw what was for dinner, sounds fabulous,but looking at the time you’ve probably eaten without us lol

    Enjoy n have a fab weekend ,
    My DH moved 3 cubic metres of ti tree mulch this afternoon after the Truckee dropped it off at 1 so now he’s showered relaxing n watching cricket,,,

    n later will have potato topped pies with chunky wedges ,,,,as it’s been a big week, month ,,year lol πŸ‘πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ‰πŸŽΈ☕️ so taking the easy way out tonight,,,
    Take care

    Regards to all the Harvey crew ✅
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhonda7:58 PM

    Very productive day πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck sorting things out to your satisfaction. Certainly off to a good start. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.