Sunday, November 13, 2022

NEW BACKDROP

 Stew started building my new backdrop late yesterday afternoon.

ABOVE:  This is how far we got before stopping yesterday.    I set out the wood for the sides, Stew had finished the base.

So today we will put it all together and add the 'props'.  😉😆😅

It's gunna look awesome.

Bex found a lovely new pen for Steve to use at work...

ABOVE:  Rather.... cute!  I'm sure he will love using it.

Now, back to today.  We will finish the backdrop, then head to The Base to suss out some lifejackets that are comfortable to wear while kayaking.


11.30 and holy hell!  Where is everyone?
It's not been this quiet in forever.
MEH... you are probably busy doing fun shit.

ABOVE:  Meanwhile, I've been slaving away in the sewing room, getting this extra long runner finished.  I love it!  The longer ones are a bit of a pain cos my arms start to ache, but they are so worth it once finished.  Can you spot New Zealand on it?

Stew is also slaving away in the garage, working on my backdrop.  Like all my ideas, they never just take 2 minutes!  Poor man is huffing and puffing, but he's getting there.
He's making one hell of a sturdy structure for me!

ABOVE:  We now have a base, supports for the three sides, and one side on.  He's gunna have a sore back after this job.   I haven't made it easy for him, all that wood is of different thicknesses, heights etc.  😟😠😖  Just as well he loves me right?  

It's done.  And I've just spent an hour working out what lighting works best.
There were 6 options.  I narrowed it down to three.

ABOVE:  Bearing in mind I can 'tweak' the photos after taking them, I'm pretty sure #1 is the best.
I think it will all depend on how much light is coming in from the windows on any given day too.
Well... what do you think of my photo 'booth'?

ABOVE:  The finished result.
So very happy with it.  Thank you darling.  😘
And Steve for the timber involved.

ABOVE: The man, putting the very last finishing touch to his handywork.

It's now just after 2 pm.  Time for lunch I do believe.

By the time Stew had taken a shower after sweating his arse off, we decided to go to 'lunch' at the Base.  
We went to The Foundation Bar and Eatery.
And were really disappointed.
They took far, far too long to serve us, and deliver the food.  
And the food?
Incredibly average.  
They have had a change of menu (quite some time ago), and we said back then we would not be returning.  Why did we go back today?
Dumb.
NOT.  GOING.  THERE.  AGAIN. 

So ... that meal was our Breakfast/Lunch AND dinner.  If hungry later on this evening we will just have some fruit.
 
Happy to say it's been a bloody lazy evening.  We are both tired.  I did some work in the sewing room for about an hour this evening, but more about that tomorrow.
For now, it's 10 pm and I'm going to bed early for a change.
Catch ya tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Been to the gym, now fruit & veg shopping, home to study before supermarket shopping - will the fun never end 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Study'???? What ya doing chick? And I don't envy you the grocery shopping.

      Delete
  2. I think he should build you a chair after this. The backdrop looks like a chair and I can see you sitting on it like a queen on the throne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Yes, it looks like a cool chair. Good job, Stew. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Try outside, or just inside garage with the big door open, on a cloudy day so there is no shadow, and see how the light works.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your man truely loves ya...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I
    1 and 2 are good. It's hard to tell the difference between them. But 3 looks washed out. Especially the turquoise inside the bowl . It is definately nice to have a "photo booth" set-up. This one looks great! I don't sew at all, so I admit I have no idea what I am talking about. But.... I think a runner would look great with straight lines. Mabe some lines thicker and thinner. Would that be easier? I think it would still look awesome and maybe take some time and difficulty off. Maybe it's the same either way. IDK. You know what you are doing. And YES - I did spot the New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:59 PM

    The photo booth is wonderful. Well done to Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Yep defo 1

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.