Saturday, November 05, 2022

PLEASE NO

 PLEASE, PLEASE .... don't let me see anything else that I MUST HAVE for this house!

It's full to brimming and it's starting to do me head in!

I swear to god, we don't need another single thing.

I almost feel like doing a purge... and getting rid of stuff that I said  "I MUST HAVE"... and soon.

The house is really starting to look cluttered.

How many glass bottles did I NEED?  NONE.

How many pieces of Britto?  NONE.

Plants?  OMG what the hell was I thinking there?

I'm slowly killing almost all of them.

Cushions?  I've got about 8 in a cupboard.  WHY???

So yeah.

After doing our jobs today, I'm going to do a serious de-clutter over the next week or so.

If IT doesn't being me immense JOY, it's going.

GUY FAWKES... comes around again.

Totally HATE IT.   It used to send Coco into panic mode.  Thank God she's now deaf enough to not hear them.  We get to sleep, and so does she.

But seriously, it's something that should be banned for private use.  I don't have a problem with one-off public displays, they are neat.

But endless bangers going off in the neighbourhood for days, sometimes weeks on end?  YEAH NAH.

I wish the Government would ban private sales of the bloody things.

Probably won't happen.

So today we have a list of things to do.

First up is sorting out the sun room to accommodate the brown couch (AGAIN).  

Then we will be working on our pool, getting it cleaned, chlorine bombed and filter on.

With any luck it won't take too long to get up to speed.

There's a couple more jobs lined up, but they might happen tomorrow.  

Let's not bust a gut eh?


11.03 am. All the inside jobs are done, and we've done the weekend grocery shop too.


ABOVE: Sunroom back the way it was a while ago. I can reach to open the windows easier again.

Lol... I've been walking around the house with the words "do you bring me immense joy?" going through my brain.
Now Stews saying it too! Very amusing. 
I'm slowly building a pile of stuff to go.

OH  BUGGER!
The pool cover came off.
And because we didn't bother putting chlorine in and filtering it once a month over winter, the damn thing is green as grass!
Never doing that again.
So, we have the pump on, chlorine in and fingers crossed it clears up in a week or so.
If not, we may have to get more 'anti-green' chemicals in it.'

ABOVE:  It's a very pretty shade of green.  Stew found some anti-algae stuff in the back shed, so he added that to the mix.
Let's hope we see no green soon.

Looking sideways at Stew, muttering to myself "Do YOU bring me IMMENSE JOY?"   I can't help myself.
He's still here, so maybe he does.

Stew cooked our dinner this evening.  Guinness sausages, mashed potatoes with cheese and onion added and baked beans.  Classic Silly bugger dinner.  Loved it.

We got visitors after dinner, Amanda and her two youngest kids.  They were heading off to a local park to have a play and watch fireworks when it got dark.  

Now... time to unwind and just watch some mindless tv.

9 comments:

  1. I agree...Guy Fawkes drives me nuts. Those massive booming ones.. grrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found out that succulents are fussy about a lot of things and hard to keep alive. I've killed just about every one I've ever had. Now I fill my pots with fake ones! They're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish fireworks were banned here for private use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:13 AM

    The banning of fireworks for private use has been talked about for so long and the Govt did bring in not being able to sell them until a few days before Guy Fawkes night but ;people hoard them to let off during the year so that hasn't worked. I say 'PUBLIC DISPLAYS ONLY" with a small admission charge which could be used for a charity. It amazes me that people are willing to spend so much money on them but are saying they can't afford food because of the cost of living crisis. BTW, don't even think of getting rid of your Britto, if necessary put it all in a box (out of sight, out of mind) because I am sure you will regret it later. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guy Fawkes is very much a left over from the UK. I remember celebrating it with a bonfire as a kid in Hong Kong but never in Australia. We have fireworks on NYE and Straya Day. That's enough for me.
    Your decluttering strategy sounds like a good one. I can see you in shops in the future saying to something "Will you bring me immense joy"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. indeed I will be saying that. And also: "Do I NEED IT?"

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:27 PM

      You will probably also be saying to justify it "I have plenty of room now", lol. Audrey

      Delete
  6. I tend to overdo de-cluttering. I seriously just got rid of 1/2 my clothes. I am trying to simplify. I do still have them in a box in case I panic and need something. But it has been a couple months and it's all still in the box. So, maybe I didn't need it after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Omg. You and Stew stuck together with glue! Perfect s and p shakers lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.