Thursday, November 17, 2022

2nd TRY

 That fabric plant I made yesterday got 'tweaked' last night.

I had stitched all the leaves together, but ended up unpicking them all and starting again.

This time I held them together with glue!  It allowed more flexibility of placement.  I was much happier with the result.  You no doubt wouldn't even notice, but I did.

Stew suggested using a pot saucer to put it on, instead of inside an actual pot.  And THAT worked so much better too.

I also glued the plant to the saucer.  Now I have to decide if I leave it like that, or put something around the base of the 'plant', like a ribbon?

Undecided on that yet.


ABOVE:  I'm much happier with it now.  It's leaves 'hang' better.

I am going to make another one today, making the leaves just a tiny bit longer.  

As for selling them at markets.  I'm not sure yet.  Maybe I take two to market just as a trial.

And pricing?  I've got no idea how much they are worth.  I've not seen anything like them at markets we have been to.  Stew and I discussed it last night, and it might not be financially viable to try and sell them.

Maybe they are just something I make for gifts.

Bex is coming here today, and she's going to do my vacuuming.

I am so thankful.  My floors are looking terrible, and I simply cannot do it.  Every time I vacuum my back kills me, so I just don't do it anymore.

Last time she vacuumed, I gave her a block of cheese for Steve.  He likes it when she vacuums our home. 😉😅

Ok, that's me for now.  I'll be back later with the second plant all going well.


12.10 pm:  Bex has been, done the vacuuming and gone home again.  I enjoyed her company, we yakked for ages.
Meantime, I am cutting out and stitching friggin leaves together.
I'm probably going to have something to show you by late afternoon.  It's not a quick job.

It's very thundery looking outside.  But not raining yet.  I wish it would make up it's mind one way or the other!  I'm sick of hearing the forecast say THUNDER/RAIN/WIND.  

Right, back to the sewing room. I've just had me lunch so I can power on with the leaves now.

HOLY FUCK... hot glue from a hot glue gun hurts like FUCK!  I burnt my thumb last night, and so far today I've done one finger in.
Lots of swearing going on.

ABOVE:  Obviously, I'm gluing the leaves together.  So actually, not long till it's finished.

ABOVE:  Done.  And I was very lucky my glue held out till the end.  I'm not inclined to make another one before Saturday's market either.
Tomorrow I am going to have a lazy day, before a busy weekend.

9.30 pm:  Watching Coronation Street... after a lovely dinner.
Not much else going on... so :

10 comments:

  1. I imagine the fabric, padding, and work are astronomical for that plant. It is cool though. Definately unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric plant.....very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I reckon make about 6 plants for the markets for starters, I think they will be very popular with plant killing people lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. They would make great gifts with small chocolates place in the leaves.
    I really need a Bex in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:46 PM

    Hi maybe you could get a robovac ? I get pain when I vacuum as well...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. U deserve a rest day. Could donwith Bex here mind need gardener too and dish washer and laundrett and energy

    ReplyDelete
  7. agreed! hot glue burns hurt like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I need a Bex in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhonda7:20 PM

    You are so clever. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. It’s well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rest well. Watch those fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.