Wednesday, November 16, 2022

EGGS ANYONE?

 Peta asked me a question yesterday about eggs.  Specifically what I used to scramble up the egg yolk with the egg white, WITHIN the shell before cooking.

ABOVE:  I use a spinner similar to this one.

You put the raw egg in it and spin the living daylights out of it.  That combines the egg yolk with the white.  Then you boil it and it comes out as a boiled egg that is all yellow.  No separate yolk, which I hate.

My spinner is very hit 'n' miss... Sometimes it works and other times it breaks the bloody egg and it goes flying all over the kitchen.  NOT a good look.

Now... back to today.

I saw something on Facebook yesterday.  It was really cute.  So I'm gunna have a go at making it today.  I'll show you if it works out.

Other than that... it's gunna be a lazy day.  I've got nothing to do.  Just the usual shit.


You wanna know what I'm making now?

ABOVE:  These are a part of it.
And that's all ya get right now, cos it's nowhere near finished.
AND I will need to go out to Bunnings to get 'something' to finish it off too.

It's again very quiet on here.  So, I'll bugger off and just carry on my merry, lonely way!  Lunch next I think.  It's 12.40 pm and I'm hungry.

Starting to wonder if I should just switch to Facebook as my place to yabber and share photos?
I certainly get HEAPS more feedback over there.
I know so many bloggers have done that, in fact most bloggers I know did that at least 10 years ago.  Just thoughts that swirl around in my head a lot.

OK... the reveal:



ABOVE:  There ya go.  I made a plant.  Now I have to decide what sort of pot to put it in.
Certainly NOT the grey one, even though it looks awesome in it.  Just too pricey to use that pot.
The other pot is a very cheap plastic job... and I have DOZENS of them.  Might go with the cheapy.  Or check out some terracotta pots?
What do you think?
I don't have a terracotta pot to see how it would look in it... so might go buy just ONE to see.

😩
I just remembered why I stopped 'blogging' on Facebook.  IT'S CENSORED. derrr.

It is FINALLY raining.  It's three days late, which means it's bound to be raining on Saturday.  Dammit.

I tried various sized pots tonight for my fabric plant.  Nothing I tried looked 'JUST RIGHT' to me.  I needed something that allowed the leaves to drop a bit better.  Then Stew suggested a pot saucer, instead of an actual pot.
And guess what?  PERFECT.

I will show you tomorrow.   
For now, it's relax after dinner and watch some TV.

I cooked Stew Beef 'n' Bacon pastry parcels with Smashed Potatoes for dinner.  He loved it.
I had my 'main' meal mid-afternoon, so didn't need anything.

17 comments:

  1. I prefer blogs to facebook. Facebook posts get lost in all the other stuff. And you can say more in a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep coming back to see what the new thing is that you are making. Now I have finally got a teaser and you stop for lunch
    I have been making Swedish stars thinking I may give them out to the crossing kids at Christmas I will need about 20 so am trying shortcuts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:28 PM

    Didn't you try switching to facebook and it didn't work out as well as the blog. I don't have a blog but if I did, I would probably continue with both for different reasons. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Love the plant!! Anxious to see what kind of pot you decide on. If you make more I'm sure they will sell at the craft fairs that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plant look fantastic, no wonder we had to wait to see it,it would have taken some time to make

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plant is awesome. I think just use a cheap pot then whoever buys it can either use that pot or buy their own to suit the taste/decor of their home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays4:37 PM

    Hey that flower is just loverlee👍
    It’s fab how you will turn your hand to anything with your trusty machine Chris,
    It’s such a gift you have n thanks for sharing,
    Terracotta may look nice ,worth a try ,
    Says she who isn’t arty at all but loves others creations

    Got some great retro bargains this week n donated a huge bag of stuff , cos we are downsizing our wardrobe space , ready for the summer sunny days 🎸

    Take care
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Like it would look lovely in a terracotta pot . Please don’t g to Facebook I love reading your blogs everyday.Love all your stories and sewing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a sock knitting facebook group. They were threatened with sanctions because someone talked about ripping out a toe! A friend was suspended for 24 hours because she referred to "bloody Yanks". Stick with your blog. Can you imagine what facebook would do to you if you threatened to stab Stew 16 times in the chest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is EXACTLY what happened last time I was 'blogging' on Facebook. They blocked me from doing anything for 2 days. I queried it and they said it was because I was 'going too fast'! Whatever that meant. But it was really over me saying I wanted to stab Stew int he chest 16 times. Arseholes, as if I would!

      Delete
  10. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Love it! My kind of plant, I can't kill it lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Hi love the plant...I saw an egg called the Golden goose on amazon..I might try it...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Love the plant, you are so talented. As someone else said maybe coloured plastic pots then the buyer can transfer the plant to a pot of their choice. Well done..... Ro (n.w. italy)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:59 AM

    I really like that gray and white material. Can't wait to see where you use it in your next project. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:01 AM

    I tried 3 or 4 times yesterday to leave a post and kept getting a failure code. The one above looks like it is going through normally. Fingers crossed. Ky Girl p.s. The fabric plant looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilted plant is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That plant is totally cool. I think terra cotta would look cool. Because it is natural and simple and recogzable. But also, heavy and fragile. So... Plastic would be better for transfering to shows. Perhaps plastic that looks like terra cotta. I just saw a tiny handmade (colorful clay) succulent in a macrame hager. The plant was the size of your little fingernail. It was really cute. I was out and about all day yesterday. Dentist. Blah! Blizzard. Blah! Shopping. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.