Sunday, November 20, 2022

UP IN THE AIR

 Our plans today will totally depend on the weather.

I feel like so much has been dependant on the bloody weather lately.  And it's not gunna ease up for a bit longer yet.

If we get some fine breaks, we will dig up and move our little plum tree.

Then maybe go and buy a pittosporum or two to replace it.  Then we just have to wait a year or two for them to grow and give us some privacy across the back boundary again.

I will need to get into the sewing room pretty quick, and make more Kiwiana Bowl Cosy's too.

I can't believe how quickly I sold all but one of them yesterday.

Maybe later on today I will get on to that.  But not right now.  Right now we are sleeping in.  Or at least lying in.  

Catch ya later.


8.20 am. Amazing ... its a glorious day right now. The Thunderstorms seem to have passed over.
So we will be gardening this morning. 
Just as soon as Stews finished watching the rugby 🏉. 

I'm still in bed. But about to get up. I've got stuff to do.

We are being busy beavers. We just bought 4 trees for the back boundary.  Now off for lunch before coming home to plant them.

My plans have changed in relation to the Bowl Cosy's.  I am not going to make 'Kiwiana' ones again.  Joining all the fabrics together takes so long, then I sell them for the same price as regular, one fabric bowl cosy's.  So, what's the point in spending so much time on one cosy, when I can make 3-4 in the same amount of time?
I will stil use Kiwiana fabrics of course, just not in the strips.

We just had a huge downpour come through, hail and all.
The weather is crazy right now, one minute beautiful and hot, next torrential rain!

Bex had a market to attend today, it got cancelled late last night.  Good call.
This weather is just too unpredictable.

Stew is going to plant our new trees when the rain lets up.   I'm in the sewing room, cutting out cosy's for sewing tomorrow... and probably all next week.
Though, a little plant might slip in somewhere along the line too.  


ABOVE:  We got three boundary line trees.... then ended up going back for another fruit tree.
Sad that due to our neighbour we ended up having to spend over $200 on trees to fill in the huge gaps he created.
THOUGH, as Stew kept reminding me, the neighbour had every right to chop down his trees.
Pity he didn't think of the effect it would have on us.

ABOVE:  My darling working in the pouring rain, and NO, I wasn't standing over him with a whip.
I can't find me whip.  😂😓
We never used to be able to see the neighbour's backyard, or the neighbours all around him.  Give it two years and we should be good again.

I took some 'Before and After' photos.  But they can wait till tomorrow.  I'm done for now.

ABOVE:  My big brother Peter and I, taken when we were about 14 and 16 years old.  I virtually never mention this, but today would have been Peter's birthday.  He would have been 66 today, the same age my Dad died.
Peter died aged 27.  I love and miss him, and think of him often.  Probably no one else does.

Well it has been a fairly busy weekend for us.
We are both tired, so off to bed at a reasonable time this evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. We had thunder last night and 30mm of rain with more rain expected today. Hubby is trying to rebuild the trailer but that won’t be happening today as he needs to weld

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Picture of you and brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness he looks like your boys. The gap in your heart left by someone you loved is never filled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful memory photo to share of your brother.
    My brother Tom died at 27 too 😢

    ReplyDelete
  5. You havnt changed a bit Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:02 PM

    Hi that is a lovely picture of you and your brother...also the garden is looking good...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm scared of planting too many trees with our septic here. I kind of want to take out what I have on the side of my house now. Such a cute picture of you and your brother. Sad you lost him so young I can't even imagine ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely memory, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.