Wednesday, November 23, 2022

I HAVE ENOUGH

 I counted up how many Bowl Cosy's I have... SIXTY!

Something tells me I don't need to make any more right now.

So, today I am going to make another plant, or two.

They were a lot of fun, if you don't count the hot glue burns.

Yeah... I will need to go and buy more hot glue rods this morning.  I only have half a rod left.

I will wait until the crazy traffic has died down though, so will start on cutting out leaves after I get the housework done.

Steve has an ultrasound on his liver at the hospital this morning.  I wonder how long it will take for results?  It's a real worry.  I'm sure I talked about this yesterday?  Derrr.  But as a parent you never stop worrying about your kids and their health.

Well... for most of my kids I worry.  I'm a cold hearted bitch when it comes to one I have to admit.  That one can rot in hell.

OK, enough of that.  Time to get a move on... 


9.42 am:  Stew reminded me this morning before he left for work, that I needed to take my car back to the VTNZ for it's recheck, after putting new tyres on the front.
So, that's what I did.  I had gone back one day last week, but the queue was HUGE, so I came home again.

ABOVE:  I got there before they even opened.  And so lucky, there were only 4 cars ahead of me.
AND... the mechanic took my car in first!  I was in and out of there in 15 minutes.
So lucky.   I've heard of people sitting in the queue for over 2 hours.

After that I went down to Spotlight for the hot glue.  I had to sit and wait half an hour for them to open too.

Next was a quick stop at Mitre 10 for Pool Chlorine Tabs.  We are going away for a couple of days next week and want to keep the pool ticking over.  The tabs do that.

Now I'm home and I feel like I've got a good deal accomplished already for the day.  Good start anyway.

ABOVE:   It's 12.30 am, and I've not stitched a single leaf yet.  Still cutting them out, and after that I've got to cut out batting as well.
I can't see me doing any actual sewing until either bloody late today, or tomorrow.
I hope I get at least one done for market on Saturdy.

It's super blustery outside, with the occasional downpour.  Not nice at all.  And cool... which I do appreciate.  

Time to take a little break and sort out some lunch I think.

3.30 pm:  I'm seeing double!

ABOVE: 5 hours cutting out that lot, and I'm done.
There will be no stitching done today.  I need a nana nap!

8.45 pm:  Slow evening.... just watching TV.  
Felicity:  Cards was fun, I came 2nd.  Next card night is HERE.... let's see who turns up!
PETA:  Nope you are wrong.  I loathe one with a passion, it killed all love I once had for it.
And there ends the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. You Got This, Steve!
    Maybe consider another type of glue. Maybe a fabric glue or Eileen's Tacky Glue - with just a drop of hot glue to hold it in place while the other glue dries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a giggle about the one kid that can rot in hell. I wonder how many of them are sitting there wondering if it is them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there is no guessing going on. But then??? Hmmmm.

      Delete
  3. Kiwionholidays12:43 PM

    I am sure things will go well today for the liver scan with Steve,💯But it is a worry and can’t say I blame you at all,
    My DH has them yearly he has done for 10 years now with no changes,,,and we always figure if there’s something there they are on to it straight away ,

    Fabulous you got so much done early this morning like you we do first cab off the rank appointments , then have rest of the day for other stuff,

    Love all your enthusiasm for sewing makes lots of us others happy to see n others happy to get them at markets

    Take care
    Catchup soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is everybody today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is sick to death of seeing me sewing all day! No drama. Well there is, but I don't post much about that on here anymore.... don't want death threats again.

      Delete
    2. And some things just shouldn't be shared on a public blog right?

      Delete
    3. Sewing and auto inspections are just fine.

      Delete
  5. Exactly some things are better left unwritten in a public area.
    Hopefully the bowl cosies will for a few markets

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many leaves do you need per plant ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only made two so far, both were different sizes, so different number of leaves. I'll count leaves with the next one, just for you! lol

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris, it looked like a few were needed

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:33 PM

    I think you love all your children, even the one in the bad books...lol...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. One killed any love I had for it by it's actions against us.

      Delete
  8. No mention of cards last night hope it was a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I came 2nd. Lots of laughs.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Wow I love all your bowl holders. So colorful. Love love the plant. I've been looking at my plants and thinking about different shaped leaves. I'm only allowed to work 2 hours a day, 3 days a week but have to give my brain a rest so not sure if that's means I can make a plant lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.