Monday, November 14, 2022

PRUNED

 Recently we pruned the maple tree on our back boundary.  We did that because our neighbour (over the back fence) said he was going to prune his boundary line trees, as they were shading his pool too much.

We figured by pruning our maple, it would help his shade situation a bit too.  Being 'neighbourly' eh?

On Friday and Saturday our neighbour finally pruned his trees.

ABOVE:  All I can say is THANK GOD we didn't prune the maple to much!

Our neighbour literally cut all his trees down lower than the fence.  This means come winter, when our maple has no leaves, there's no privacy anymore.

We will be able to see several houses that were shielded from us before he cut his trees down.

Not something we wanted at all, but there is nothing we can do about it.  They are his trees to chop down after all.

I had thought about pruning the tree to the left of the maple too.... but not now.  It can stay that tall!  (it does not shade his pool btw)

We are also going to move our new plum tree and replace it with two pittosporums.  They will fill in the 'gaps' in about 2.5 years.

The plum tree will be found a new place to go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MIKE.

We love you very much, and look forward to seeing you at the end of the month.


ABOVE:  Day 8 photo taken yesterday.  And as I expected, it took 8 days to get the pool swimmable again.  It is crystal clear, but has some debris in it.

Once we can actually get in it without freezing our arses off,  I will use the new net to filter all that out.  That will probably be next month sometime.  

Usual Monday here.  I'll get the washing done, some general housework, then no doubt get into the sewing room ...

ABOVE:  I prepped this runner last night.  It will be the first 'Tree Runner' I've made in a few years.  I'm quite excited about doing it.  It's an extra long runner again.  My arms will forgive me eventually.   😂😉😊


9.13 am: I've been feeling pretty down about how I look lately.  The weight is stagnating ... but I AM working on it.
The face is another story.  I hardly ever put make up on now.  So today I decided the first thing I was gunna do was put some face on.
I always feel better if I do... even if it's only eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lippy.


ABOVE:  I'll have you know, it took about 26 photos, in three different locations before I finally felt happy with ONE of them!  LOL

And I think I will bite the bullet and make an hair appointment too.  Lots of blonde I think.  Let's kick that friggin grey to the curb shall we?

I've done most of the housework, just gotta hang out the washing now.

ABOVE:  I 'tweaked' the arrangement inside the photo booth a bit.  Rather love the little plants there.
There is heaps I can do to tweak the 'props' to suit what I want to show.  
I'm gunna have fun with this! 😊

2 pm:  I have finished most of the stitching on the Tree Runner.  Whoop.  After I did that, I popped out to The Base.  I needed to find a Birthday Present for an almost 70 year old.

ABOVE:  *sigh*, seems I've started the Christmas shopping.  I do already have a few gifts sorted, but there were gaps.
And I did find that special gift, thank goodness.
It was a very successful trip out I must say.

ABOVE:  I found the elusive Back Scratcher too.
It pulls out to make it much longer.  But it's compact enough to go in my handbag too.  SCORE.  There were only two left in the shop.  The other one was orange.   I couldn't have that!  😂😅😆

I've just had some lunch.  Now I just wanna sit here and blob out for a while.  So I will.

6.15 pm:  Well I blobbed out for quite a while!  lol
Then I set to sorting out Christmas presents, seeing as I had just bought more.  It was good to work out where the gaps were.  Not many thank goodness.
I need to buy 18 boxes of chocolates ... I give a box of chocolates to everyone, every year.

Dinner time ... cooking Tandoor Chicken and rice.

11 pm:  We didn't have the chicken after all.  I wasn't hungry at all, and Stew decided to just have some spaghetti.  So chicken tomorrow night.

Watched TV, then some YouTube and Instagram stuff.  It's now time to head off to bed.  
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Is Mike going to undergo another massive makeover when he visits? It is fun to see his transformations. I have never had a pool - but I am quite impressed by that progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, get the professional color. You can pamper yourself. Cute picture today! Your eyes are as blue as the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea to have a place to photograph your goods... how about you also put up a photo of a bowl cosy with a bowl in? Just to give people the idea perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always feel better with a face on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have pittosporums along the fence between us and one of our neighbours. They grow on her side of the fence and just when I think they are looking good, she gets someone in to prune them! As you say, they are her trees after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays3:53 PM

    So happy you left the maple as it was ,it’s stunning,
    Love your section with all the different areas of garden etc

    Your sewing is lovely mostly cos I love blues n mauves n Kiwiana etc
    Take care Enjoy your afternoon break
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:38 PM

    You have been busy, everything looking good and organised as well...cheers Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little
    Photo booth such a good idea. Super in
    Love with your blue earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour of your lipstick, it really suits you too 😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny you got a back scratcher today. Just last night I was rubbing my back on a corner wall. I had Shingles 6 years ago. My back has been itchy ever since. Glad it's not worse, but being itchy for 6 years is certainly a drag!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.