Wednesday, November 02, 2022

WW QUESTION

 RHONDA asked me this question yesterday:

"I follow WW and attend meetings each week. I’m curious to know what you get from attending WW when you have mentioned you have no intention of following the plan 🤷‍♀️ I don’t think I’d be forking out the $’s unless I was getting something from attending. Just my opinion"

MY REPLY:  I have been a member of Weight Watchers on and off for about forty years.

In all that time I've lost and gained varying amounts of weight.  I have not gained back all I lost a decade ago, when I lost 61 kilos.

But I did gain a good deal back, and felt like shit about it.

I re-joined a few months ago because I was staying stagnant, at the same weight for about 2 years.

I attend the meetings for two reasons.

1. Personal accountability for my weight.

2.  COMPANY.  Like minded company.

I chat with the ladies there, we share what's gone well the past week, what hasn't and we support each other.

The Weight Watcher Leader knows I am NOT following the plan.  She understands why I am there.

It's for support in my endeavours, and to hopefully, over time, make friends here in Hamilton.

I do not need to count points, or worry about every single thing I put in my mouth.  I am 1000% over doing that shit.   I know what I need to eat (and not eat) in order to lose weight!

So, yes I pay to go, I do not follow their 'plan'.... but I do get something out of it.  And as long as I'm happy doing what I'm doing... I shall keep doing it.

I hope that answered your question Rhonda.

I've had several days 'off' sewing!  Maybe today I will actually do some more!

Let's wait and see shall we?


CREEPY COINCIDENCE?

When Archer was here on Monday, we got talking about bees.  There were some at his school recently, hence the discussion.

I told him about seeing a swarm of bees going down the road in Manurewa years ago, and how amazing it was.  We watched a couple of videos on bee swarms too.

THEN.  YESTERDAY..... 

ABOVE:  Would you believe it!  A swarm of bees flew into Steve 'n' Bex's backyard, and settled in their Feijoa tree!

She did an SOS over Facebook, and an Apiarist came around and removed them.  He said there were approximately 30-40,000 bees in her tree!

I just couldn't get over the fact that Archer and I had just been talking about swarms of bees the day before, and BOOM!  They get a swarm of bees.


I got an order for a Zippered Pouch from a dear friend in Minnesota recently.  It was for her Mother-In-Law  (Hi  MIL !  I hope you like it?)

ABOVE:  In return, DOGSTARS sent me this rather special leather Moose Christmas Ornament.  Thank you so much... it's on my bedroom wall for now.

More on WW.  Having my main meal at lunchtime is not working for me.  It just makes me sleepy.  So today I decided to have BREAKFAST!

I had a boiled egg on toast, with a sliver of Brie cheese on the side.   I'm hoping that will hold me till dinnertime, with maybe a piece of fruit mid-afternoon.

It's a constant juggle trying to work out what works now.  Gone are the days when I ate bloody crackers and relish all day and nothing else, because THAT worked.  I don't want to do that now that I'm diabetic.  Crackers = carbs, relish = sugar.  

They are a 'sometimes' food now.  

So, let's see how the day goes.

HABITS.  My stomach can SEE it's lunchtime.  And it's growling!  Stupid stomach.

Think I shall ignore it.

ABOVE:  First finish of the day.  I've got another one ready for stitching, so shall get on with it.

ABOVE:  And there's the 2nd one for the day.
I'm not doing another one for now.  Let's see if they sell first.

Time to take a break.  I might potter down to the supermarket and get some grapes.  I rather like grapes, and they would be a nice afternoon snack.

This afternoon did not go to plan.   I got a horrible headache... almost a migraine, but not quite.
So I waited until Stew got home, then we both went to the supermarket.

Home now and settled in for the night.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. I utilize some groups in the same way. To keep awareness, get inspired by others, and to keep the healthy lifestyle in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda11:40 AM

    Hi Chris, thank you for your reply to my comment. You had no obligation to explain anything to me and I really appreciate you sharing your reasons. I understand exactly where you are coming from as I too have struggled all my adult life with ‘dieting’. I’m 66 now and just really interested in my weight being manageable and in the healthy range so that’s probably what WW gives me. You are so right we are all different and so what works for each of us individually is good. Thank you 😊 again, please be assured I wasn’t judging you. I’ve read your blog forever and I know you are very true to yourself and keep it very real. Have a lovely day 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 AM

    Omg that's insane about the bees what is the chances of that - it would be a one in a million. Boom a swarm of bees. That's so freaky you guys must have cosmic energy and sensing abilities. Bee whisperers??? That's a lot of bees. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:03 PM

    I totally understand why you have returned to WW. I similarly joined a Terry White Chemist here in Australia to be weighed but they don't provide that service as widely now. For me it was being accountable weekly to someone - but not necessarily wanting to use their particular method. My problem is I can't get started, so I have heaps of false starts and then fall off. Successes that I have had in the past involved a complete change of lifestyle (obviously) which takes time to establish - once the momentum is going I was fine - this lasted 5 years at a time. Example: I joined a gym and regularly went to classes then I got my food under control because basically I was so tired from the exercise and went to bed earlier and cut out night time eating (which is my weakness). This was fine until I had a leg injury and had to drop out of the gym. Once I loose momentum it all creeps back. But also I use food - to solve problems - or rather not solve problems. Eating food to soothe myself and not feel the feelings (whatever they are) is the strategy I have used for ever and that is what needs to be fixed. Eating food for me means you don't have that argument with someone you disagree with or temporarily avoid the issue or takes the anxiety of your problem down a notch. So to fix that you have to feel the feelings and find another copying strategy - it's a constant struggle for sure. If for you going to WW has a supportive structure for you it is so worth it. Thankyou for explaining your reasons I think it does help others a lot. Have a great day. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What ever works for you to lose weight Chris.
    I do like the new runners Chris, very kiwi but very simple and elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mother In Law saw the blog today. She asked me to Thank You.... from her. She thinks the workmanship is phenomenal and the colors are perfect! She just loves it and thanks you for making and sending it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love grapes too. They are my go to fruit when I’m hungry between meals.
    I wish they had WW meetings where I live, closest one to me is nearly an hour away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:18 AM

    Suggestion - eat protein of some sort to help hold you and prevent headaches, fruit/sugar will cause blood sugar to go up and then crash back down, causing headache. Fruit is healthy, but still sugar.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:35 AM

    How does one remove that many bees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:00 AM

      Yes, please write about the bees. Were they honey bees that had to be moved or actually wasps that needed done in? This happened to a neighbor a couple years ago, but I was not home and missed the whole thing. Plus, I have an epi pen, very allergic to bees so I would not have been over there watching.
      Vickie

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.