Saturday, November 12, 2022

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE NIGHT

 Last night was one of the worst night's I've had in a very long time.

I got a hot flush on the hour, all night long.

I feel like I've had virtually no sleep.  My head is pounding.

Great start to the day I must say.

According to the weather forecast it's supposed to be pissing down with rain.  It's not.

It looks iffy out there, but not too bad.

ABOVE:  For the first time on a week, I finally feel like I'm winning with the pool.  I could actually see the bottom this morning.  So in a few more days it MIGHT be crystal clear again?

There's heaps of small debris in it, leaves, bugs and whatnot, so obviously they are not getting filtered out.

So I am going to make a big net to scoop all that shit out.   I will buy a Hoola Hoop and some netting from Spotlight and yeah, make me own.

I did something similar in Cambridge for that pool.  

Because it's NOT raining, Stew and I might even get the kayaks out and get them tidied up for summer.  AND try out the new kayak holder on his car. 

So there ya go.  A late post, but a post no less.


ANON:  In answer to your question re the net.  Yes you can buy nets for that purpose, but they are piddly arse small as fuck, and it would take forever to sweep the entire pool effectively.  I know, cos I've tried with the 'net you can buy' already.

ABOVE:  $25 for the net, $10 for the Hoola Hoop and BOOM.  Cheaper and more effective than any bought one.
I just have to sew the net onto the hoop and we are in business.
But later.
Right now it's cool down time.  It's already damn hot and sticky out there.  And the amount of people out shopping!  OMG it's crazy busy where ever ya go.

ABOVE:  We got the kayaks out the front for cleaning.  They were not as grotty as I expected them to be.  Just lots of snails and cockroaches!

ABOVE:  I sprayed them with a cleaner, then Stew water blasted them.  That did the trick.

ABOVE:  Stew put the new Kayak holders on the roof racks.  Then it was time to put the first kayak on.... and it was easy as.

ABOVE:  Then it was the turn of the second kayak, and it fitted on there perfectly!  

ABOVE:  This is so cool.  We don't need to tow them behind in a trailer any more.  I can't wait for our first lake trip!
We are going to buy new lifejackets ... ones that are not cumbersome to wear like what we have right now.

DOGSTARS:  It's too late in the day now, and the water is still just a tad COLD!  Next month for sure.

I just got a pile of offcuts of timber from Steve to build a new 'backdrop' for my product photos.
I want one that is inside, so I can take photos irrespective of the weather.
That construction will happen tomorrow.

Or not.  We started it.  But it will get finished tomorrow.  It's now 5.30 pm and we are stopping for the day.  Time to think about dinner (Chinese Takeaways) and watching some telly.   Stew will no doubt be watching sport in the lounge all night.

Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Keep up the fluids... i was going to say water but haha 🙄.. to help with the flushes... have a good day. Looks like rain up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hot flushing loads lately too. 66 years of age, you'd think I'd be over it but nah. Good job on the pool - at least you have that to look forward to all summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:28 AM

    Can’t you buy a net specially for that purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your night sounds exhausting. I hope your day brightens up and you get your pool net made. When we lived in a house with a pool the pool had a little robot that floated around and filtered out gunk from the pool bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pool is coming right along. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo. Can't wait for the kayaking pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get out on the water today! Even if it is just a short paddle. Just do it! They are already loaded. That is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Fine... I say with a pout on my face.

      Delete
  8. Bloody hot flushes. Add that to hot nights & sleep is in short bursts with the fan turned on & off 200 bloody times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep my fan on all night long. It drives Stew nuts, but better he's nuts than dead from a demented, sleep deprived wife! I've now had hot flushes for 18 years, non stop! At least they are not every 20 minutes now... just hourly.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous6:06 PM

    I’m older than you and never had a hot flush in my life - Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are incredibly lucky Anne! They are utterly the pits. Like standing too close to a very hot fire and you can't do a thing about it!

      Delete
    2. Wow, so lucky Anne. As Chris said it's like being on fire one minute and then cold the next. I'm so over them!

      Delete
  10. I hope you manage to get a better sleep tonight. Hot flushes are the worst ):

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.