Wednesday, November 30, 2022

RIGHT BACK TO IT

 I have a list of things to do before the next market, which is a Twilight Market at Tamahere.  I've never done a Twilight Market before, it runs from 4 - 8 pm.  It is on the 10th of December.

Therefore I have exactly 10 days to get ready for it.

I'm making a runner/sign to hang on the front of our Gazebo, saying 'TABLE RUNNERS & MORE'... because seriously, there seems to be a lot of people who don't know what my runners are.

We found this out at the last market after several people asked what they were?

They thought they were wall hangings.  And of course, they can be wall hangings.

My Reindeer Runners have certainly been used as wall hangings by a few people.

ABOVE:  This runner went to a dear friend in Melbourne, Australia.  MC, I hope you don't mind me showing your gorgeous Reindeer Runner,  hanging above your staircase.  

I have part of the 'TABLE RUNNERS & MORE' sign already made, I just had to make the 'TABLE' to tack on to it.  I should finish it today sometime.

Then I need to get some velcro so I can attach it to the Gazebo front, which already has velcro across the front (handy!).

ABOVE: This is the little corner stand I found in Wanganui.  It was in a second hand shop... so not too expensive.

I WAS going to paint it white, but now I'm not so sure it's necessary?

What do you think?  

Bearing in mind it would be quite a job to sand it down and paint it in time for market.

I now need to make at least two more UCKI PLANTS to fill the stand.  Maybe three.

Which means I will need to get more glue sticks from Spotlight, and the velcro.  I will do that this morning.

There ya go... I'm going to be a busy bee for the next week or so doing all that.

Catch ya later.


11.59 am:  Ahhhh there's something special about this:

ABOVE:  Someone else doing my vacuuming!
Gotta love it.
She's been over doing some cleaning.

And I've been making my runner/signs for market.  Coming along nicely too.
We will be stopping soon for some lunch I suppose.

I had to go out around 1 pm.  Worst time to be on the road today.  We are having a HUGE Thunderstorm, with TORRENTIAL RAIN.

ABOVE:  Stopped in traffic, going nowhere.  Total whiteout moments after this photo.
Then thunder and lightening for over an hour already.
Glad to be home and not out in that.

I did some sewing this afternoon... then Bex and Archer called in after school for a chat.  Dante has gone on his first ever school camp.  He's away for a couple of days.  Very excited young chap on the bus this morning.

Stew just got home and is about to heat up his dinner... pre-made Ravioli.  

My eyes are sore from sewing, and just tired I expect.  Another early night for me I think.

Right I'm back, but just to say nite nite.  I'm off to bed, can't keep me eyes open.

10 comments:

  1. Your ucki plants are brilliant and the corner unit is fine just as it is.
    A twilight market sounds marvellous. Ahh summer in NZ. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those runners are definitely more for hanging (in my opinion). A runner usually has something on it like a tray, food or a decorative item and that would hide the picture. I can see the tree ones on a table as even if you block out a tree you can see more - the reindeer on the other hand needs to be hung up to be seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. White the plants would pop more. I think the runners display all your beautiful craftsmanship as a wal hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you need to paint the thing. It looks nice the way it is. You can always change it up later - but I would not rush to do it before the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - it's Lacy. Where's that necklace??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still on lol don't worry about that #Lacy

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Paint it white I think. And no need to sand it if you use chalk paint. You can just paint straight over it as it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the brown is fine for now. Your runners look so much better as hangings - there is so much to see in them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Distressed white? Paint maybe….
    Love the reindeer hanging

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.