Thursday, November 24, 2022

LEAVES

 Lots of fun ahead today.

Sewing freakin' leaves.   ALL.  DAY.  LONG.

There will be a break at midday, as I have a Doctor's appointment.

It's a follow up after my latest blood tests.

I want to ask him to consider putting me on a new Diabetes medication called Trulicity, (Dulaglutide).  It is a once a week injection.  Something I would not usually ever consider (an injection), but it has had some very good reviews and it might mean not having to take copious pills every day.

So, it could be an interesting Doctors visit.

I heard from the Rototuna Market organiser yesterday.  The Market committee are meeting tonight to discuss if the market will go ahead, considering the utterly shitty weather we are having.

It is never ending I tell ya!  Just one thunderstorm after another.  Last night's weather forecast looked tentatively promising for Saturday.  But it's the weather, which can change at any time, as we all know.

I hope this market goes ahead and the weather plays nice, it has the potential to be a very good market.

Right.  Time to get up and make a start on those damn leaves.


1.50 pm.
I got 2/3rds of the leaves sewn up this morning, before I left for the Doctors.
Brylee was there as well, so a quick catch up with her.
Then to my utter disgust, my appointment had not been logged into the computer, so I actually DID NOT have an appointment!
So, I booked another one for TWO WEEKS FROM NOW, because again, that's the soonest I can see my Doctor with an appointment.
Talk about pissed off!

I then got a Subway sandwich for lunch and came home to enjoy it.  Which I did.
And now I am going back into the sewing room to finish off all those leaves.

With any luck I will have two plants finished by the end of the day.

ABOVE:  This plant is the very first one I made... I just added a few bigger leaves to make it larger.

ABOVE: This is the first one I made from scratch today.  It's  a lot bigger.   
Do we like them???

I do.  They are a lot of work though, and I'm not sure if they will become regulars in my market stock.  It will depend on if they sell well or not.

Tomorrow I will get a 3rd one finished.  I ran outta glue again.  😖😕
AND I think I will invest in a better glue gun.   The one I have is a right shit to use... it's a really cheap and nasty one.  I think it cost me less than $10 years ago.  So time for a new one.

I am stopping now cos ... NO GLUE!  
And I need to prepare Stew's dinner.
He's having Tandoor Chicken Kebabs over rice and salad.

I FINALLY found the right rice to use... and I cooked it perfectly too!  BASMATI Rice, rinsed three times then cooked in a rice cooker.  It came out perfect.  Only took 64 friggin years.

Watched a movie on Netflix today, really enjoyed it, which was weird as it was a 'shoot em up, bang bang'... I told Stew about it and we both ended up watching it tonight.
It is called NOBODY.  Well worth a watch.

Right, I'm outta here, Coronation Street is on shortly, and I'm gunna watch that then go to bed.

THUNDER!  LIGHTENING!  PISSING DOWN. Love it, but NOT on Saturday OK?  lol


8 comments:

  1. Ozempic is an alternative injection as well. Hubby found trulicity did nothing for him. We both found good results with ozempic but got no side effects. Obviously everyone is different and what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for others. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Hi there do seem to be various injections and people without diabetes are been give them for weight loss, which is not right as diabetics need them and are unable to get them here in Australia...I think the results can vary for each person, sounds like a good idea to me....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s annoying about the dr. I found out I was insulin resistant today 🤷‍♀️ Last time I went I found out I had a mutant gene 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays5:56 PM

    Oh Chris the first flower one is beautiful and the second one amazingly beautiful,
    Would make a fa table centrepiece for someone,
    Well done you 👍

    Lovely you got to catchup with Brylee but shame they hadn’t clocked yours in,

    I am sure you will get positive thoughts for wanting to try the new way of Diabetes planning.
    Hope Steve n Bex get good news after his recent scans etc
    Take care

    Catchup soon
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second plant it’s very cool I liked the first one too though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both plants

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only ever use Basmati rice. I rinse well and put in a pot with exactly double the amount of water to rice. I bring to boil then turn to low for ten minutes... let sit for a little while and it's perfect every time (I don't have a rice cooker but don't need one it's so easy).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pro rice cooker also. When it switches from cook to warm, I add 1/2 cup of water, prevents sticking on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.