Monday, November 07, 2022

MAKING PROGRESS

 The green is slowly going:

ABOVE:  Saturday.


ABOVE: Sunday.

Certainly a difference.  Let's see how it looks later on today.

ABOVE:  This is what we are using to combat the algae in the pool.
Stew, Bless His Cotton Socks, DID NOT read the Safety WARNING until after he'd used it.  And only AFTER I told him to.  What a dick. (said every so lovingly of course) 😂😉😊


Usual Monday routine here.

Stew off to work.  I get to sleep in.

In an hour or so I'll get up and get the washing on, tidy up anything that needs it, then head into the sewing room.

I didn't get back to that cute runner yesterday, so working on that is top of me list.

Then back to Bowl cosy's.

OH that reminds me.

On our way home yesterday from the Blue Springs, we passed the Church at Tamahere, where we do a market once a month now.

And I could see some construction going on very near to where our stall site is.

So we drove in to check it out.

ABOVE:  They are adding a really big deck to the Church Hall.  Inside the Hall is where they serve Devonshire Teas during market days.  

AND market stall holders usually park their vehicles where that deck is now.  So now they won't be able to.

Where Stew is parked is pretty much where our stall site is.  If there's going to be seating and tables for eating on the deck, that means we will be in a very prime spot!

More people right in our faces.  Well, let's hope that's what the deck is for.  Either way, I'm sure it's a positive addition.

Next market there is on the 19th of November.  It's supposed to be one of the busiest market days of the year.


11.15 am:   Oh my I've had a damn good morning!
First off, I got the washing on, put chemicals in the pool then checked emails.

ABOVE:  I always check out Spotlight's specials.  I've been waiting patiently for them to have a special on Wadding, and today was the day.

Often they don't have any here in Hamilton, so I kinda expected to be taking a trip up to Auckland to get some today.

BUT NO!  They had heaps, most unusual.  

ABOVE:  I bought the largest roll they had.  That lot should keep me going through all of next year with any luck.

After that, I took a sample of our pool water into Para Rubber for analysis.  

ABOVE: As I expected, the Ph and Alkalinity levels were tanked.  So $100 later I have the chemicals necessary to get those levels up.

I will retest the pool late this afternoon to see where we are at with that.

Now, I'm having something to eat before heading into the sewing room.

ABOVE:  3.40 pm and look how well it's coming along!  I think a few more days of intensive filtering and regular chemicals and it will be clear again.

ABOVE:  Today's runner is very much a fun thing.
And super quick and easy to do... a very cute one.

Dinner this evening was Tandoor Chicken and red onions over pasta... weird but rather yummy.

I'm winding down now, it's been a very quiet day.

7 comments:

  1. Can u post a photo of your bowl cozies please Chris i know you have and ive flicked thru few of archives post but not found them. I was talking about them yesterday and the girls didnt know what i meant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is a lot of wadding! But, then again, I get clay delivered on a pallet via semi-truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to buy clay by the tonne. It came on a big truck too. lol

      Delete
  3. I like to buy in bulk like that too, then you can sew away without having to stop to get more lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pool progress 👏

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun working through the wadding. Pool looking good will be ready to go just in time for the steamy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Love the runner. Pool is looking good.kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.