Monday, November 21, 2022

LOTS TO DO TODAY

 Our next market is on Saturday, it's supposed to be a very big one.  It's here in Hamilton, not far from our home in fact.

Today, and every day this week I will be sewing Bowl Cosy's... and maybe another couple of those fabric plants.

But for now, I have 'Before and After' photos from yesterday:


ABOVE:  I hope the little Plum tree survives being uprooted and moved.

It hadn't been there too long, so we might be lucky.

There are two pittosporums behind the chairs now.


The Pittosporums are fairly quick growing, so fingers crossed in a couple of years they will fill that damn gap.  It's that gap that is the main problem. 

In winter, the maple will lose all it's leaves, so it will be a glaring BIG gap.

The expert at the garden center said our Maple might die now that the trees protecting it from the wind are gone.  I'll be really pissed off if that happens.  I noticed our neighbour pruned our maple back to the fence line too.  Again, his right, but he better not have killed my tree.

Interestingly, there is a maple overhanging his property over to the right (large red one), and he's not touched it.

Am I sounding bitchy?  Yeah, I know.  😖😞





ABOVE:  Our little plum tree, and the new fruit tree are now down the grass strip.  The new tree is a 'Peach/Apricot' hybrid.  Amazing how they can alter the genetics of a tree to make new fruits.

A year ago that area was just an overgrown, unsightly grape vine/pergola and rubbish dump!

I smile every time I look at it now.

It was a lot of hard work to transform it, but so worth it.

Right, that's enough from me for now.  I am off to get the washing on, tidy up the bedroom etc.

Catch ya later.


10.20 am:  And my back is killing me!
I had to cut out masses of cotton wadding for the bowl cosy's before I could start sewing.

ABOVE: That job took well over an hour.

ABOVE:  I have just finished the first cosy of the day.  And it's gorgeous.
Now... on to the next one.

FIVE.  HOURS.  LATER:

ABOVE:  Look at that.  Not a bad run.  All blues/Kiwi type fabrics.  That's what sold predominantly at the last couple of markets, so I needed to fill those blue gaps.
Now I am going to take a little break for a very late lunch.

It is another dreary, wet day here too.  Expecting yet again, to have this weather all week.

ABOVE:  6.30 pm.
When Stew arrived home from work he suggested we go for a short walk before dinner.
We had talked about doing that over the weekend.
I wasn't that keen to be honest, as I was rather tired after sewing all day.
But I said yes... and off we went.
In the rain.  Hence the crappy photo.

We walked for almost 25 minutes, at a nice brisk pace.
Now... feel quite good.

Cooking dinner now.  Beef rissoles, smashed potato and salad.

Whoops!  Fell asleep on the couch.  Might just be time for bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. You guys do a very good job with your planting. The three new trees look like they have always been there. I would have a big unsightly pile of dirt all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:59 AM

    Hi I have the same problem with being able to see the neighbours although our block is smaller than yours...we put up some fence toppers from Bunnings which helped a lot as the hedges began to grow, we still have one area that is open in winter but we have put a vine on a trellis which is making its way up..also we have some bamboo in pots that we can move around that is very high...I have put that along the fence line too with good results....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing the other maple doesn't overshadow his pool or whatever it was he needed to cut the trees down for.
    Lily pilly are another fast growing tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays11:47 PM

    Fab day at the machine such vibrant colours ,
    Loving them
    Your garden with the new trees will soon spring up and before you know it privacy will be back,
    Live the blog n the updates
    Take care

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.