Tuesday, November 22, 2022

HIT REPEAT

I'm sewing again today.

That is all.

It was very quiet on here yesterday, so I'm sure today will be the same.

ABOVE: This is today's line up of bowl cosy's waiting to be made.

Let's see how many I can get done shall we?

It's card night this evening... I better make sure I've got something out for Stew's dinner before I leave.  Bex isn't coming with me tonight, she's busy making more toys for the market on Saturday.  She's doing the same market as me, but doesn't have as much stock as she'd like.

ABOVE:  Her beautiful crocheted toys sell like hot cakes!

I can still remember when Steve and her taught themselves to crochet, way back when they lived with us in Auckland.  She's certainly perfected it now.  Steve doesn't do it any more, lol.

Talking of Steve, his health is pretty awful right now.  His bowel condition is in a 'flare up' right now, and nothing seems to be helping.  He's got an ultra sound this week to check out his liver.  It's been adversely affected by the medications he's been taking.  It's a constant worry I must say.  And for him, it's a never ending pain in the gut, literally.

There is always something going on that's a worry around here.  


12 noon:   And I've been sewing for three hours.  And ...

ABOVE:  I've got 7 cosy's done.
I am now stopping for a break.  Trying to avoid the horrible back ache I got yesterday.

3 pm:  I didn't actually stop.  I grabbed some crackers and carried on sewing.  I've now done 13 cosy's.... one more than yesterday:

ABOVE:  Tomorrow I think I might aim for just 6.
I think I'm gunna have plenty for the markets over the next couple of months now.

I'm now going to go inside and do some housework, prepare Stew's dinner, put on some face and so on.


ABOVE:   A better view of today's cosy's.

Stew got home from work and has gone for a walk.
I've got Pork Belly, roast potato and onion in the oven for him, and veges about to go in the microwave as well.  And gravy.  He's a happy man.

I will be leaving for Cards in Cambridge in about 20 minutes, so I might not come back on here till tomorrow.
Catch ya then.

16 comments:

  1. Have a good day Chris! Hoping your sewing (and music, maybe singalong? or audiobooks or podcasts?) keep you happily distracted from worrying.

    Poor Steve, we are all thinking of him and hoping he can get better.
    Christine in Wellington

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful for Steve. Is surgery a final option? If so, would his quality of life then be better? I don't know about this stuff... just wondering. As for Bex, her crochet is AMAZING and no wonder it sells like hot cakes. Those buzzy bees are fabulous. I can crochet but my goodness what she does is much more than that, it's an art form. If I made a buzzy bee it would look like a sad snail or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 AM

    Chris - this fellows video might give Steve something to think about. Sam Holmes had dire health due to his colon etc He is all healed now. Maybe give it a look. I hope the video works. If not, it can be found at Sam Holmes Sailing. Best of luck to Steve. Ky Girl

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hLWiYKiR48

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched this video. What a happy easy going guy! He actually reminds me a lot of Steve! He certainly makes any stigma's about a stoma or whatever easier to comprehend and accept. He should do more videos about his condition. He is very real, and tells it like it is with a positive attitude.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Hi I agree with Lynda, Bex's crochet art is amazing....horrible for Steve, I have a few gut issues myself and it is not pleasant....I think a diet in low fibre food and no spicy foods for a while is always a good thing...sometimes in severe cases they do a 'Poo" transplant to change the gut microbiome....with amazing results... it is called Fecal microbiome transplant (FMT).... Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when Bex first picked up her hook. She was a natural even back then. I hope Steve gets relief soon. They never stop giving us grief, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The
    Photos the other of you and your brother were very poignant. Youth and innocence at its best, a beautiful moment captured.

    Bex crotchet toys amazing I can see why their popular loving the blue bowl cosys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Bex's toys, she is so talented. Hugs and healing wishes for Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bex is a talented chick the toys are so cute. Bugger Steve is having flare up again no relief for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:48 PM

    You are flying through the bowl cosies.
    Bex has come a long way after teaching herself to crochet.
    I hope Steve gets some relief soon. i was bad enough on metformin, I cant imagine what its like for him

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Steve is really getting a hard road to live. Hope this episide gets him some help soon. becs crichet is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bex's toys are fabulous. I made toys, still do sometimes, but they never turn out like hers. Delightful !
    Sorry to hear Steve is having more pain. Hope he gets some relief fast

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:50 AM

    Omg Bex, those Llamas are gorgeous! Hope Steve can get a solution to his health problem soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopefully Steve will be feeling better soon. You certainly had a busy day. Great toys.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really hope they can find an answer for Steve.
    I really like Bex's toys. The weirder the better. Like the Alpaca/llama with shades and the green one with an X a few "scars". She could get even weirder with that art form! I think they are unique! And you have an alpaca/llama as a bedtime pic. What's up with these creatures on todays post? Funny - I am looking at buying Paca's socks for myself and everyone as Christmas gifts. Must be the theme of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bex should crochet a cute intestine. And maybe other organs in the future. There is weirder stuff out there. Might be helpful to kids/patients struggling with health conditions. Or make a Covid stuffy. .....
    I have made some "organ" worry stones. Like intestines, heart, lungs. A friend's young son has had multiple open heart surgerys, and her hubby had an intestine issue, so I sent the stones to them.. Maybe it's time to revisit that idea for the public.
    https://www.anatomicalcrochet.com/2022/05/large-intestine.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.