Friday, November 18, 2022

IT ARRIVED

 It finally arrived.  We have shitty, wet weather.

Grrrrr.

Looking highly likely we will have a wet market tomorrow.

Tonight we will get our market stuff ready, but only take half the 'normal' amount.  We will have to squeeze what we do take into the back of the gazebo so it doesn't get wet.  It will be our first market in the rain.

NOT looking forward to it at all.

As for today, I have no plans.

I'm not making anything.  I'm not doing anything at all.

I wonder how long I can keep it up?  Being utterly lazy might be an interesting concept.

Maybe I'll lie on the floor and play with the girls.

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN!

Dad and I love you very much, and hope you have a fantastic day.  

Right, I'm off to do NOTHING.


Stupid, stupid weather! Its cleared up! For now anyway.
I'm still in bed. Thinking.... meh might stay here a bit longer.  

9.10 am:  So far 'nothing' is going well.
I'm cleaning up my sewing room.  Putting all the fabrics I was using for the plants away.  Vacuuming the floor... it's the only one I will do, even though it takes me three go's at it!  


ABOVE:  Grey day.  Lightly raining again.  Fickle.

I got bored.  So I went shopping.

ABOVE: Chemist Warehouse for more face.  I like to have some in me handbag, just in case I forget to put the bare minimum on before I leave the house.  Then decide I look like an old hag and NEED some face on!  
It happens.

ABOVE:  I had a $10 Birthday voucher, and a $40 off voucher from Spotlight.  So decided to actually use them.
I always need green fabrics, and plastic sheeting.
I go through a lot of that shit!
Got some new snips and unpicker too.  
So that was a good saving.

I feel better now.  Shopping is such a great way to lift the spirits.

I'm now going to have some crackers, cheese and relish for lunch, while watching something on Netflix.

SETTING THE SCENE:   Marley LOVES tennis balls.  She loves to shove one under furniture and then 'dig' it out.  The harder it is to get out, the more she loves doing it.
She can amuse herself like that for hours.

So when I went out this morning, I gave her a tennis ball to play with in the garage.  I also left the sewing room open, so Coco could look outside, which SHE loves doing.

Dogs happy, me happy right?

I decide to put the new fabric, scissors etc away in the sewing room...

ABOVE:  I see what looks like bits of wadding on the sewing room floor.  Like, where is that from?  I just vacuumed that floor!

ABOVE:  I get into the room and like... FUCK!
I know exactly what's gone on here.
Marley has buried her goddam tennis ball under my roll of wadding, and then dug it out again.
She's ruined a sizeable chunk of my roll.

SHE IS NEVER GETTING A DAMN TENNIS BALL AGAIN.

When she heard me swear and yell, she knew.  She's not stupid.  She ran outside, hoping I'd not follow her. 

BUT I did.  And I took that ball right out of her mouth and threw it in the bin.  

ABOVE:  We went to dinner at the Workingmen's Club.  Quite disappointing tonight.  My Crispy chicken burger was just that.
VERY CRISPY and DRY.  And the plate just looked horrible.  Stew had steak, which was nice.

When we got home we packed the car in readiness for tomorrow's market.
In the pouring rain.
Torrential rain.
*sigh*

Going to bed early tonight as we need to get up before 6 in the morning.

11 comments:

  1. Wow 21 Happiest of birthday days Griffin x
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Griffin
    I gave up trying to put a face on. I need to take my glasses off to do it then I can’t see what I’m doing. I do miss mascara 😢

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 21st Griffin. I remember when he was just a wee tacker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops Marley reallynis in the dog box

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 21st Birthday Griffin. Can just imagine Marley had a lot of fun but now in the dog box😓

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH NO! Naughty Marley. Maybe she can have supervised tennis ball time? Poor puppy! It was very important to get the ball out, she thought.
    Happy Birthday Griffin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Griffin 21 happy birthday, I last saw him when he was a little tot. How time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happiest of birthdays to you Griffin. 21, wow, that came around really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck at market. hope its not as wet as you think it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope the weather is not as bad as you expect. Good luck with the market.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.