Saturday, August 20, 2022

NO MARKET...

 As predicted, it's still wet.

Very pleased we made the call to not attend the market.

So now it's  a case of... what to do this weekend?

I could do some more sewing, but I also feel like I need a break from it.

First up though, the usual housework.  Mostly getting the washing done and on racks to dry.

I haven't hung washing outside in about 2 months!  Probably more.

This has been the wettest winter I can remember in a very long time.


ABOVE: There is heaps of flooding around the country, some areas are going to take YEARS to recover.

Poor buggers.

Right, time to start the day.

Later....


I could scream.  It's 10.18 and there's no rain now at all.  Cloudy.  That's all.  I reckon we could have done the bloody market after all.

So frustrating.  I really want to do some markets, but it's just not happening.

In other news:   Bex has tested POSITIVE for Covid.  They were here on Wednesday night for dinner.
Steve isn't feeling well either, but hasn't tested himself yet.
So now we wait to see if we caught it too.

So Steve is negative for Covid, but is sick as a dog with something else.  He SHOULD go to the dr, but is waiting to see if he gets worse first!
Stupid man.  

Meanwhile here, boring as fuck.  Might have to go and make a runner.  Thinking of doing more 'Kiwiana' type runners.
But we will see.  I'm just so crabby right now all I feel like doing is eating lollies.

I didn't eat any lollies.  I sat and watched YouTube.  Stew watched sport and a movie, and we both just had a totally relaxing afternoon.

Then we went to the supermarket and got some groceries for the sicko's...

ABOVE:  We did a 'drop and run' type of thing.
Bex didn't look too bad, but Steve?
Terrible.  I bet he tests positive in the next day or two.
If not, there is something else wrong with him and he needs to get himself to a doctor.

It's now nearly dinner time, and we are going to have an Indian meal.

BRYLEE just tested POSITIVE for Covid too.
I wonder if anyone else who was here on Wednesday night will get it?  Griffin was here as well.  Wonder if he will get it?  I wonder if Stew and I will get it (in my case again)?

ABOVE:  Dinner this evening was here, in Cambridge.  So yum.  And quick.  No hanging around for half an hour waiting for our dinner.  They get it to the table in about 10 minutes.

So, we are now home again and just chilling out till bedtime.  

13 comments:

  1. Oh! That flooding looks bad. Yes, the earth is quite upset at the moment. Flood and Droughts and Fires OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 AM

    So sorry for all those people in South Island - some of them have been flooded out three times. Parts of Northland are really bad too. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Hi maybe you should just rest up watch TV and eat lollies...lol..sounds good to me....I hope Steve and Bex will be ok...hopefully you won't get sick...Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:45 PM

      Watch TV but DON'T eat lollies - you will make yourself sick. Hopefully neither you or Stew will get Covid but you should be OK for the next couple of months after having it already. Audrey

      Delete
  4. I can understand Steve's reluctance to go to the doctor but jeez louise he should! I wonder where he gets his stubbornness from?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my dad used to be. He would feel ill and test how ill he was by drinking beer to see if he felt better or worse.
    Stew didn't get Covid in the end, did he? I know you did! Hope everyone is okay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about Bex. I can't imagine she is the ONLY one in the house with Covid. Someone, somewhere gave it to her. Steve should get tested blah blah blah - mainly because it is early days & he can get that anti-viral medicine. Fortunately, the current Covid strains are less severe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please god hope Steve is ok...well hope the rest of u r ok too but Steve mostly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh bugger to for Brylee she just started work again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:46 PM

    Oops - hate to hear everyone is getting covid. My immediate family (4) did as well but I never got it. How, I do not know. Sending good healing wishes to all!! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh. So now we wait. Griffin, Stew, You and the boys.... Steve maybe concider that anti-viral ..... Get well EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous4:22 PM

    We've had heaps of roads closed around wgtn and here this weekend. Was lucky to be able to get my son home yesterday.. so sick of this weather. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.