Tuesday, August 16, 2022

HERE'S A QUESTION

 Here's a question for you all.

If all I have planned for my day is sewing, do you still want me to blog about it?

Do you want to continue to see the same runners (different colour combos) day in, day out?

Cos if I don't blog my sewing endeavours ... the blog is going to be/could be ...

BLANK.

Unless I have something to blither on about of course.

Let me know.   

Cos I can easily just put "Got nothing for ya today" on the blog.  😉😏

I've been tossing up getting me hair coloured again... it's such a fag though.  I hate having to spend up to (and sometimes over) 4 hours in the salon.  *sigh*  Suppose I will though.  Grrrr.  Vanity and all that eh?


9.50 am:  Already tired!
Fluffed around in the house for the past hour or so, just straightening shit up.

Decided this job was on me list:

ABOVE:  Giving the wet room a big clean.  Starting with soaking the shower curtain.  It was starting to look manky along the bottom.  NOT slimy, moldy!  Just discoloured a bit.
So after that's soaked for an hour or so I'm going to use the water in the bucket to wash down the walls, skirting and floor.
And that will be a good job done.


ABOVE: Dinner tonight is Mutton Chops and veges... slow cooked in Thick Mint Sauce.  It's gunna be DELICIOUS.

ABOVE:  My job right now... sort out what pens actually work, and chuck the rest.  And sort out the vivids, felts etc.  Then keep them all in the same place!  
This lot were all over the bloody house.

ABOVE:  Number 5 done and dusted.  One more of this lot then I move on.
To what I'm not sure of yet.
Might be more Christmas themed ones though.
Maybe presents in a row?

I found out an hour or so ago that we got another site at the Tamahere Market for this weekend.
I'm thrilled.  But also resigned to probably not attending as we are expecting a huge amount of rain over the next few days.
Bloody annoying.
But I simply cannot risk my runners etc getting wet.
I will just keep an sharp eye on the weather and pray it's fine on Saturday.

I have started the 6th Gnome runner, but am taking a break for lunch.

I'm going out for a couple of hours tonight.  Just a get together with (hopefully) new friends.
Stew told me I needed to join more groups etc to make friends here in Hamilton.
So that's what I'm doing.

I better get some face on, do me hair, bla bla bla.

Dinner is almost finished cooking, I just need to put some greens on for Stew.

And... that's a wrap on today.  I have had a nice evening.  Stew enjoyed his dinner.
Catch ya tomorrow.

23 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 AM

    How about if you got your hairdresser to apply the colour and then could come home and wash it out yourself. i hate spending hours at the hairdressers too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:48 AM

    that comment was me Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m happy to see your sewing progress.
    Re the hair. I don’t think I could sit in the chair that long to get my hair done. Every now and then I think about the chocolate rinse that my hairdresser mentioned but think I’m 60 plus so I have to expect a few grey hairs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:40 AM

    Love seeing your creations Chris, and read your 'blitherings' :-) its nice to pop in and catch up with you although I miss you when you are down this way. special thoughts, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely blog what you are sewing, I like seeing what creative stuff you have been up to. Having said that, if you are in the groove, don’t interrupt that just to blog, it is not an obligation 😂.

    I love going to the hairdresser & hanging out for a few hours. I always try & get a Saturday late afternoon. We have a wine & a chat, listen to music- it’s like a wee party 😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing your runners and other sewing. You're a talented gal

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is your blog. Post what you want! We like seeing your runners but if you're tired of posting them, don't. But, we're happy to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your colour combinations. I am desperately trying to go grey but I seem to take after my father who retained his hair colour well into old age. Eventually he was pure white in his '90s should I live that long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your creations 💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Keep blogging. I am often inspired by weird random things on here. Like Mutton Chops and Mint Sauce. Never tried it. Now I might. You also introduced me to Pork Belly. It was fun to see the actual ingredients today! And of course, before and after hair pics. Any and all sewing. I think the reason your blog is interesting is because it is like a diary. Even if nothing is going on - something IS going on. It is fun to check in and see what is up, even if the answer is "not much". We're not fussy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Presents in a row would be nice to see. And of course we want to see what you are sewing, etc, etc!! You are so creative and such an artist. I love seeing what you come up with. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes simple keep updating your blogg with sewing and cooking and hair colour washing shower. I enjoy all of the above as well as tge fun of your grandies and the dogs gardening every day in your blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. For a minute there I thought you meant runners as in shoes and thought you were being a bit precious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me precious? Ha ha ha.... maybe sometimes but yeah, not really!

      Delete
  14. Definitly keep blogging, love seeing your work, and you have given me an idea about the chops, havnt tried that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your evening out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous7:29 PM

    Yes, yes, yes, I love looking at all of your creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the blogging about sewing etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cliff Hanger! How was your night out?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love seeing what you have been up to in your sewing room. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love seeing your sewing, It gives me some ideas. You are very creative and love hearing your day to day happenings. I have a boring life compared to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please keep blogging as I look forward to seeing what you are up to. You have such creative ideas and it is a pleasure to see what you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous3:59 PM

    I love your posts no matter what they're about. Is there sugar in thick mint sauce??? Surely not...it sound delicious..kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.