Sunday, August 21, 2022

NO PLANS FOR TODAY

 Another shitty day ahead.

Wet and miserable.

So I shall probably get into the sewing room.

Stew has a few jobs around the house and yard to get done, but nothing riveting.

I will be ringing the kids in a couple of hours (give them time to wake up!), to check how they are all feeling.

Most concerned about Steve.  He looked really awful yesterday.

If anyone ends up in hospital, it will be him for sure.

I'm going to ring and order some more Covid tests this morning.

You can still get them for free from the Health Department.  I see no point in paying for them ($30 for 6 tests), when you can get them for free.

OK... time to roll over and catch a few more Zzz's for now.  Far too early to get up on a Sunday morning!


9.55 am:  And another one goes down with a positive test result.

STEVE.  

I'm about to go out and get more RAT tests.

Stew had a horrible night, snotty, sneezing and snoring.

He took himself off to the couch at 2 am! 

AND.... Stew is POSITIVE TOO.

We all had dinner here Wednesday night. So Griffin, Dante, Archer and I could still get it.  WONDERFUL. 

WE BOTH TOOK A TEST BEFORE WE WENT OUT TO DINNER LAST NIGHT!  Both NEGATIVE.  So I'm not feeling guilty about going out.

I went out and picked up RAT tests for us and Steve 'n' Bex's household.

At the moment I am negative, and Dante and Archer.  Not sure about Griffin.

I am now stuck at home with Stew till next Saturday.  

Just as well we are well stocked up with food and Diet Coke!

SPARKLING:  Bex, Brylee and Stew have moderate symptoms.  Steve is looking and feeling like death warmed up.  It is not surprising considering his general health is bad.


KJ:  Thanks for the idea... we now have Brylee here with us for the week.  She was being confined to her bedroom and toilet at her flat.  Not fun, she can hang out here with Stew and I.

ABOVE:  for a change, I made two more bowl cosys.  Might make a few more then switch back to runners.

I kept myself in the sewing room all afternoon.  Got 6 more bowl cosy's cut out and ready for stitching.

Dinner tonight was a mixed bag:  Sausages, crumbed fish, squid rings, prawns and salt and pepper squid.  With potato wedges.

I think I was the only one who was actually hungry.

Brylee's gone off to bed, Stew will probably be in bed soon too.  They both have no energy.

I'm still feeling just fine, thank goodness.

Catch ya tomorrow, when I hope the Covid count stays the same.

19 comments:

  1. I hope they are feeling better today. Lucky you are there to help them if they need it 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone gets well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn... sorry about this. I have got loads of rat tests here, they were literally dishing them out when we were in Te Aroha! We (the entire family) have an Australian trip planned in three weeks so fingers and toes are crossed that we all make it to that date. Please make sure Steve gets that new treatment asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope it is mild for everyone and that you don't get it again. Damn Covid!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dammit. I hope they aren't too crook with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then someone needs to get it into Steve's head that he needs to get checked out. He's no good to his family if he ends up with long covid. Can he get anti-virals seeing as he already has health issues?

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Oh goodness! Sending quick healing wishes to all of you. And especially to Steve. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Steve isnt a hero if he needs go hospital he will hugs to all team Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Not good hope Steve will be ok! Anne - palmy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:50 PM

    I guess Steve would be eligible for antivirals, immune compromised people, also people with diabetes on medication are eligible in Australia. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:04 PM

    Get well soon everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Steve is doing better today. The boys seem to be getting the really bad head ache and feeling hot and cold as we got yesterday. We will need to test them again tomorrow. πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad Steve is feeling better. hope the boys don't get sick.

      Delete
    2. Yay for the comments! Bex, I am happy Steve is feeling better so soon. I hope you are too! Wishing the entire extended family a swift and complete recovery. What a bother Covid is!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous4:32 PM

    Hugs to all of you. I hope Steve gets on top of it. Not fair with him already having a horrid illness. My daughter and her family go back to USA tomorrow covid free. Phew so relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiwionholidays7:59 PM

    ❤️❤️πŸ’πŸ’πŸΆπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhonda8:23 PM

    Oh no πŸ™ˆ Hope everyone is ok, especially Steve being compromised with his health. Poor Bex, being sick herself too, if the little ones get it too it’s a lot for her to cope with, although I’d say she’d be up for it. Hugs to everyone who is sick and to you too Chris, not easy at all

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:09 PM

    Hoping you all recover quickly, take care, eat as healthy as you can and lots of citrus vitamin c is highly recommended. Magpie Melbourne Australia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope Steve is able to kick it quick. Big hugs for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.