Wednesday, August 17, 2022

MID WEEK...

 And... it began.

Another downpour.

Most likely to be raining on Saturday.  Depending on how badly, we may still go to the market.  We'll just wait and see.

Meantime, I will continue making stuff for the other markets coming up closer to summer.

ABOVE:  I'm going to iron these shirts this morning.  It will be my good deed for the week. 😉😖


ABOVE:  And after that, I'll head back into the sewing room to finish the 6th Gnome runner.

I'm hanging out to move onto something else, I'm over friggin Gnome runners. 


11.30 am:  I went to the mall an hour or so ago.
I needed my glasses adjusting, they kept falling off me face.
So, I get in the queue to be attended to.
Amazingly, I get them fixed within 10 minutes.

Then on to the supermarket, where I get a basket full of stuff for dinner.

I go to the checkout where an employee scans your groceries.  I hate the self checkouts with a passion.  Various reasons.

There's three people in front of me when I line up.
By the time it's almost my turn, there's also 4 people behind me.  
One of them is an elderly lady with groceries on her walker seat.

Just as I'm about to FINALLY get to unload my groceries onto the counter, that old lady just pushes me aside (hard to imagine being my size)... but she does and barges up and starts unloading HER groceries!

I'm like WTF?  I'd been standing there waiting my turn for at least 20 minutes and she has the bloody cheek to push in!

I say quite loudly:  "Excuse me lady, but it's not your turn, I was in front of you".

She TOTALLY ignores me.

I look at the checkout operator who has obviously witnessed the whole incident, and what does she do?

NOTHING.  

So what did I do?

I left my groceries ON THE FLOOR and walked out.

And went to the supermarket down the road from home instead.

What would YOU HAVE DONE?

I'm now waiting for me lunch to warm up before heading into the sewing room for the afternoon.

5.10 pm:  And I did some sewing this afternoon, but stopped after about an hour cos I just wasn't into it.
Went into the house and did NOTHING till I had to start dinner prep.

Now I've got various things cooking, heating up etc, ready to feed family.

ABOVE: Dinner went down really well tonight.  I did a pasta dish, only people got to choose what they wanted to put on top of their pasta.
I had fresh pasta, meat balls, bacon, Italian herb tomatoes, onions, mushrooms in a butter sauce,  and cheese. 
The two small boys prefer their pasta very simple, so it worked out really well.

Everyone has left now, and we are looking forward to an hour or two of quiet time before bed.

19 comments:

  1. I was always thankful my ex husband didnt have an shirt and tie job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done the same as you. One time after I told off a customer trying to jump the queue to go to the end, the cashier at Walmart thanked me and said they weren't allowed to say anything if a customer does that. I can't stand those people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to leave notes in the pockets when I ironed hubby's shirts. I can't believe that woman did that. I would have been tempted to move her stuff off the bench but in reality I would have just stood there trying not to cry cos that's how I run. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:52 PM

    I would have done the same. :-) People are nuts. Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit that would have made me angry too! Clearly she thought it was the "disabled" counter and you didn't have your disability card. (Just kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:22 PM

    Bloody old people, some of them are so entitled. I watched my mother being told off by someone one day for pushing at the butchers counter, I thought good on them. I have part time job at supermarket and we are told not to engage in this rubbish, but they do make me cross. Also at my supermarket there is no way you’d have to wait 20 minutes, it’s all hands on deck if even a slight queue forms. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly checkout operator had probably been told not to intervene i know that was the policy at pak n save when i worked there...of course management never took the brunt of it the check out operator did

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:34 PM

    I would have done the same as you, and actually I have done the same a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grrrr my comment above with no name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have done the same. I actually did the exact same thing when I got scolded for using the self checkout incorrectly. Acyually, the one I was using started beeping and throwing a fit so I went to a different one. I scolded for that. Left everything there and fled.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMFG how rude! What an old cow! Surely if she was struggling to wait she could have politely asked if she could go ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was waiting to be served at Spotlight but standing back a bit at the end of an aisle. When the customer left I stepped forward but the lady standing at the end of the next aisle stepped forward and said she was waiting ( I presume she couldn’t see me) Thankfully the guy serving told her I had been waiting longer and served me first
    Daughter is work at a call centre/ help line place. One 84 year old lady has rung numerous times as she hasn’t received her money( probably her own fault for not filling in forms properly) Every time she has been abusive complaining about wait time and that she hasn’t been paid. She has been warned about swearing and abusing numerous times and hung up on and now has to be put through to a manager if/ when she rings next

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that was rude of her! I don't know what I would have done. I was waiting in line today and the guy in front of me wasn't moving up and the people behind me were super annoying so I moved to another line lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous7:23 PM

    I would not abandon my precious groceries or waste the 20 minutes I already waited. I would be super annoyed though and just let her get on with it thinking “the poor old dear is probably losing her marbles “

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:34 PM

    The pasta meal
    looks great 👍. I would have been so fed up with the woman who jumped the queue. Would have been tempted to go the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the pasta station idea. Pizza Hut used to do one years & years ago at their “all you can eat” restaurant 😁

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh that person was very rude for pushing in front of you without even asking. I would have done the same thing and walked out. I love the layout of the food what a super idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:04 PM

    I'd have complained about the person behind the counter. She saw it and could have told her to wait her turn. I made a complaint at wgtn hospital on Friday. We have to stand up for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.