Thursday, August 11, 2022

NOSES

 Ready...

ABOVE:  A nice little job to do while watching the telly in the evening.  Cutting out gnome noses. 😂😊😜

So ... today I am sewing Gnome Runners again.

I know it must be getting very boring on here, all I seem to be doing is sewing!

But I'm not going to stop while I'm in the mood!

I am going to just make as much as I can while the mood lasts.  Cos sure as eggs, I will run outta steam at some point.

Every time I go into our 'wet room' (aka our shower room), I look at the walls and think "Far out, I need to sand and paint this room".

It's the very last interior room that needs to be painted.  And I just can't be arsed!    Maybe over summer?  Meantime, I will just look at those walls and sigh.

Ummmm... if I need a change of scene, I could go and prune the shrubs by the driveway I suppose.  Stew anticipates that with trepidation!  He knows how I 'PRUNE' things.  😂


9.45 am:  And I've just spent the last two hours doing 'housework'.
Tidying up the house and sewing room.
Sorting out projects, putting stuff away, and clearing the floor of the constant debris from my sewing.


ABOVE:  I wish I could be a tidier sewer, but I end up just throwing all the bits of threads and fabrics on the floor... willy nilly.  Just ask Bex!
She's seen me in action. 😅😆😉

At least it's clean and tidy, for now.

I keep looking outside at the shrubs that need pruning, and then I go:  'Yeah Nah'.
I'm sure Stew can get it done with a hedge trimmer in like, 10 minutes.
Me with hedge clippers?  An hour at least.  And also, it would kill me back for the day.

I'm going to bask in the clean sewing room for a hot minute, before starting to mess it up again.  😊

ABOVE:  2nd Christmas Gnome Runner done.
And I'm done for the day.

I'm gunna put me feet up and watch something on Netflix.

5.40 pm:  And I was back in me sewing room... working on another runner.
And Stew walked into me room ... I  nearly jumped out of me skin!
He is always making me jump by just turning up beside me.

Luckily, I had left over beef stew for dinner, so virtually no preparation involved.

And now... it's that time of day.  Blankie.  Hot Pods.  TV.  Bed.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. If you prune anything like I do, there's very little left! That made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grab a plastic waste bin and put it beside your machine. Then you can just throw the scraps in it as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m putting my feet up too. Cold here, but for once it’s not raining

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha she has like 2 maby 3 bins around her but it still ends up on the floor lol 🤣 dosnt help when ya flick it in the general area of the bin. Lol also easy pocket money for grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the worst at pruning. Just call me Edward Scissorhands. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:50 AM

    I love your gnome runners. I'd like to see what a one-up, one down, one up all across the runner would be like. Might could be interesting? And give you a change while sewing so many!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.