Wednesday, August 24, 2022

MID WEEK OF COVID

 We are half way through the isolation period of Covid.

I'm hanging out for Sunday, when we are all cleared to leave the house again.

Except Steve.  He has to stay isolating for another full week! 

You don't realise how often you 'just pop out' to the supermarket, or down the road for some reason or another... until you can't.

When the entire country was locked down, it was kinda like a novelty.  Now though, it's just a pain in the bum.

We need a few things from the supermarket, but can't go.  Lacy is back in town today (she's been out of Hamilton), so I shall ask her to get us a few things we have run out of.

Mostly just some fresh veges.

I've got some lovely photos of Mike and Joyce's little dog:



ABOVE: Beau is a beautiful boy... and I rather love Joyce's attire too!  Rather fetching.  I hope it stays in the confines of ya home Joyce!

But knowing Joyce, I bet she's gone to the shops in it!!!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜

Once I've checked up on how everyone is doing... and made sure I don't have to worry, I shall head into me sewing room to finish off those Bowl Cosy's.

Then I'm not sure what I will do next.


12 noon:  And Lacy has been to the supermarket for us.  We now have some fresh produce.

I'm making hamburgers and wedges for our dinner tonight.  Can't wait.

As for what I've been up to:

ABOVE:  I now have 39 Bowl cosy's made!

It will probably take 3 years to sell them all.... but as I love making them, I've got another dozen cut out!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œπŸ˜

Now, as for the sick peeps... everyone is feeling a bit better it would appear.

And the little boys, Griffin and I are still in the clear.

I did have a sore throat last night, but nothing came of it.  I think I've just got a light cold, nothing to worry about.  I keep testing negative.

I have lost count of what I've shown you!



ABOVE:   I don't think you have seen these ones.  The two purple ones take the tally up to 41 Bowl cosy's in me stash.

Steve and Bex came around to visit.  As we are all isolating with Covid and are in the same 'Bubble' it's allowed.  

I decided to take a break from Bowl Cosy's and  make some Kiwiana type runners.

But in my hunt through my fabrics I found a piece of fabric I don't remember buying... and OMG!

It's gorgeous, and I am going to make a runner.... FOR MYSELF WITH IT.

Bex is all for it, she said it was about time I made something for myself, and she's right.

I'm not going to show you the fabric until tomorrow.

Can you guess COLOUR OR THEME?  πŸ˜πŸ˜‚


Our dinner was just lovely!  My burgers went down very well.  I have a photo to show tomorrow.

I'm knackered ... and going to bed fairly early tonight.  I stayed up until after 1 am last night... far too late.

20 comments:

  1. Those pics make Beau look like a super model! Love the furry outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau is beautiful 😻. Not being able to leave home, especially with no warning must be very inconvenient. At least with the lockdowns you had a bit of warning & unless you had covid could go & get groceries etc. Glad Lacy is back so she can drop stuff off for you even though she cannot visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:12 PM

    Glad the patients are all holding their own. I bet your bowl cozies all sell by xmas. Good luck! Ky Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I suggested bowl cosies but I did meant you had to make that manyπŸ€£πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:07 PM

    Nautical and blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say "Blue... Nautical"... haha

      Delete
    2. Good try.... but nope.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous10:28 AM

      Didn't realise it won't sign me in as my name - Colleen Barnett. Tried logging back into Google but it didn't happen. Soz! I'd never intentionally post anything as A NONNY MOOSE!!

      Delete
  6. You are braver than me! I would be avoiding my Bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Blue fish Anne Palmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:05 PM

    I think Christmas colours definetly - maybe little elves? - your doing a runner for yourself. Beau looks like a beautiful natured dog he must have great humans because I can tell you some peoples dogs are crazy but he looks so calm and that's a direct reflection of his owners I dare say. Man you are a machine with those soup cosy bowls - have you ever thought of teaching your skills like at a craft store because you have great eye for colour selection as well. Hopefully the rest of lockdown goes quick for you. Maria(Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kiwionholidays6:52 PM

    Great to catchup with you all on here today,
    Love love love the pics of that puppy what a cuddly cutie and love Joyce’s warmy at home there,❤️

    Fab Lacy was able to do groceries grab n drop for you all
    Love the cosies makes me yearn for hot soup n garlic bread πŸ₯–

    Take care

    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. ORANGE CATS!!!! Oh hell NO. lol

      Delete
  11. Love the purple ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not blue fish? That's what I would have said too. Blue cows then.
    What a lot of cosies. Hope they sell like hot cakes at your next market!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Was going to say blue, but above you said "no". Dogs, succulents, I get three guesses, one more......food? What pattern and product do you use for the bowl cosies, mine don't look as lovely as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here you would be allowed to go out, my friend and 2 kids had covid and her 3rd son still went to school. So crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.