Monday, August 15, 2022

DIDN'T NEED THEM

 Taupo yesterday, we ended up buying a couple of things we really didn't need.

But well... shit happens.  And I'm a sucker for some things.

ABOVE:  We were in a gift shop/gallery and Stew spied this print.  And it had my name all over it.

So of course we bought it.

I'm going to frame it myself, because the last print we got framed cos THE EARTH and I nearly died when she told me the price.

Let's just say it was daylight robbery!


ABOVE:  We also got this little tile, love the colour AND the words.

It's back to 'normal' around here today.

I will get the housework done before heading  into the sewing room to work on Christmas Gnome Runner #5.

Catch ya later.

12.44 pm:  And I've had a very successful morning.

I went out to get some groceries and ended up also getting 4 new winter tops for the price of ONE!

ABOVE:  You can't lose with an end of season sale.  I will hold onto them till next year.

I bought a size smaller than I usually get.  Stupid?  Or optimistic.  YOU choose.


I'm now sewing until Bex arrives with the boys for a visit.  Yes, the boys are home with colds AGAIN.  It's never ending.  The school will send them home if they even have a tiny sniffle, so just no point sending them at all.

4.31 pm:  Well the kids called in for a visit, which was lovely.

Then I did tried to take a nap cos I was tired.  Didn't happen.

Got heaps of washing done today though.

ABOVE: Christmas Gnome Runner #4.  All colour on the gnomes, no grey.  It's cute.

I'm still working on #5.  Probably won't finish it till tomorrow.

8.28 pm:  The day is done.  Nothing is  happening here... well unless you count Stew doing his ironing?

Shit I'm a bad wife.  But I LOATHE ironing his friggin business shirts!

Going now.  Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. That tiles is VERY cool. The words show up perfectly and the crackle glaze is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that print

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print. The color is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finds are both lovely. How do working parents cope? It's the same here with day care. My daughter in law has lost so much in wages as she has run out of carers' leave and they are constantly ringing her to get the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The print is amazing I would love to purchase one and frame it for my parents πŸ’™πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays7:48 PM

    What a nice few wee Shopping thingies,,
    Good to get winter things cos even after August,we can sometimes get a another winter wave come through, before Summer pops up in full,

    Love the pic and I am sure you will find the perfect frame if you get Amanda and others on the lookout at retro, (or as some call ,op shopping )

    Such a neat day here, more like end of spring day ☕️πŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tile. It was so lovely to see you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks as though you had a nice little getaway. Enjoy your treasures. Hope it starts warming up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were given the same print as a Golden Wedding present. I really must get around to finding a frame for it. Helen in France.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:55 PM

    I love the print and the tile. Great value with tops. I need to work out how to put an icon for DCR on my new phone! Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.