Tuesday, August 09, 2022

YES... OR NO?

 All my life, I've had these friggin annoying bits of  hair in front of my ears.

When I was younger I used to 'twirl' them and just let them hang down the side of me face.

For the past many years, I've shoved them behind my ears.

But they end up looking all messy and annoying.

I've been thinking of shaving the hair off... thus getting rid of the messiness.

ABOVE: There's the offending bits.

The question is:  Should I shave them off?

I know the hair will grow back, but I can just shave it again.

I asked Lacy a while ago, and she said NO, cos it would just grow back.

BUT... they are really pissing me off.  

YES?

OR NO?

Will it look stupid having shaved bits there?  

I simply cannot make up my mind.

Side note, they are not a 'problem' when I wear my hair down obviously, but I don't wear my hair down that often.

While you ponder that, I shall get up, do the washing and then finish that runner.

Then who knows what I will get up to.

Maybe 'design' my gate?  Though it is going to be quite simple.  

Or prune the shrubs that need pruning, so the gate can be opened properly.  

It's actually the perfect time to prune them, as they will get new growth come Spring on the pruned sections. Right?  Yeah, should work.


Well!  That would be a resounding NO to shaving off me little twirly bits!
Thanks for the feedback.
The shitty bits are safe.

I've just finished the Flower Runner.

ABOVE:  Of course, it looks almost identical to the first one.  ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‰

Time to have some lunch, then decide what I'm gunna do for the afternoon.

Got a nasty headache during lunch break.  Took some pills and lay down.  And ummm... woke up FOUR HOURS LATER! OMG.

Now sussing out another set of runners.

ABOVE:  Spur of the moment decision to go for a walk with the dogs.
It was raining.
Still went.
Stew wasn't too impressed I think.  But he tagged along anyway.
Quick stop in at Steve and Bex's, Bex drove us home again.  Cos it was still raining.

Thank you for the flattering comments 'HAMILTON BLONDIE' aka Brett.

Time to put this day to bed.  Blankie on, HotPods on... feet up etc.
Catch ya tomorrow.

20 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Maybe you get some nice small clips and pin it back, don’t cut them if you aren’t sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:55 AM

    No don’t shave it, you can get a hair product now to help slick them back, google Slick Stick it’s looks like a mascara wand. Jess in Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:18 AM

    No shaving in my opinion. I would continue tucking or buy some product to stick it to the other hair. Marie, Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. No to shaving I'm sure there must be some sort of 'stuff' you could get from salon to hold the whispy bits up

    ReplyDelete
  5. No to shaving.. You will have perpetual scruff if you do. And remember shaving the underside of your hair? Nah - it's a pain. Just have darling little whispies. It's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a kid, I wanted to cut off my bangs. The hair dresser said NO WAY. They would grow back and be little stubbles and whatnot. I mentioned I could keep trimming them. But the answer was still NO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Hi I think a hair product like the one mentioned ...is your gate going to be an iron gate that you can see through? Peta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:01 PM

    my daughter has the same problem with her hair. her hairdresser told her it becasue she plays with that hair more and ties her hair up tighter so it breaks off -it is dryer and more brittle. she recommended putting a bit of leave in conditioner on that hair each morning and pinning them back gently while it grows and gets strogner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:23 PM

    I'm here life has been sooooo busy especially work am trying to catch up on the blog SORRY ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So relieved! I was checking out your facebook page at 12.54 in the middle of the night, trying to make sure you were still ALIVE! Too scared to message in case something was terribly wrong. Derr. I'm a worry wort. Always have been.

      Delete
  10. I love the flow runners. they might look good with a narrower panel down the centre, too, same size as the outside borders. Very colourful and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:08 PM

    Beautiful as you are ๐Ÿ’™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *snort*... poppycock!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:24 PM

      Don’t tamper with perfection๐Ÿ’™

      Delete
    3. .... are you talking about the runner? cos if it's the runner, I agree. lol

      Delete
    4. Anonymous7:30 PM

      No your look๐Ÿ’™

      Delete
    5. Anonymous7:37 PM

      No your look๐Ÿ’™

      Delete
  12. dont cut it off. you can get a little brush or even an old mascara wand, dip it in a touch or gel and swipe them back. holds my hair even in really humid weather when it makes my hair all curly. I found this tip from watching a female USA marine. She uses a tiny brush and what I thought was a shoe polish brush. her hair is flawless and it is all held in by gel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. From someone who has shaved them off before, you will regret it lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.