Friday, January 29, 2021

THANK YOU AND...

First up for today, a BIG Thank You to everyone who left a kind comment yesterday.

I was clearly have a down day.

Approximately ten years ago, we were going through a very tough time, it was super stressful.  I felt incredibly down and depressed about it, so I went and talked to a psychologist, through my Medical Centre.

I don't hold much faith in psychologists, I feel like it's all platitudes and 'text book' crap.  The psychologist I saw was a woman in her early 20's.  What LIFE EXPERIENCES could she possibly draw upon to know how I was truly feeling? What text book paragraph was she quoting from?

So I only saw her once, then changed to a much older male psychologist (no sexism I promise).  He listened and then he said this:

"Imagine you could Fast forward one year, and then look back on this time.  In the grand scheme of things, this situation will seem like a blimp.  Something that you got through, and it is no longer relevant to your life."  So, don't let it distress you so much, breathe deep, and know this will pass.

His words have stayed with me all these years.  And that is what is going to help me now. 

I will live through the situations that are troubling me right now, knowing that in a year or so I can look back and have it behind me.  Nothing lasts, not even stressful situations.

Some things might not work out how I'd like, and that is fine too.  Life is not perfect, life is not fair.  But we have to make the best of it, no matter what.

Stew has taken today off work, Monday is a Public Holiday, and he's also taken Tuesday off next week.

So he's having a 5 day break.  Yes, we have the Market on Monday, so not really a break on that day, but he doesn't mind.

Today I am going to press and pack up all my stuff in readiness for Monday, no last minute rush for me.

I'm really happy with my dear little rocks, they came out better than I imagined they would.  I am going to have a go at putting resin over them to seal them. (scrap that idea, I researched it, and it won't work).   I will spray varnish on them instead. 

For now... I will roll over and catch a few more winks.  With Stewy.  He deserves a sleep in.


12.45 pm: and Stew and I have been out and about all day so far.
We did a small grocery grab, then picked up a car. Now, we are out having lunch at the Hamilton Gardens. 
It will be a long wait, this place is busy as!
When we get home Stew will be doing the gardens and I will pack up for Market.

ABOVE: Oh!  We also bought this fancy as hose reel!
I get so frustrated with the hose at the front of the house... it's a nightmare to wind up.
So... I bit the bullet and invested in this one.  It is a retractable one, so I won't get me tits in a knot any more.
Well, once Stew attaches it to the house. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

Stew just KINDLY said to me,  "Well, you won't get your tits in a knot over winding up the hose, but there's plenty of other things you can get in a knot over".  And he's right of course.

It really doesn't take much to set me off.

9.04 pm:  Well we had a productive afternoon.  The lawns got mowed, the gardens weeded (all by Stew), and I did a job in the garage.

Time to sign off for the day, just watching TV/You Tube till bedtime now.
There's a delicious cool breeze tonight, should sleep better.

13 comments:

  1. That Psychologist had some good and timeless advise! Glad you and Stew can have a relaxing long weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:01 AM

    That is great advice. I will remember his words. Have a great long weekend. I hope the market will be good with everyone on holiday. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better today, I think we all have really down days that we can't explain -- I've certainly had a few over the last months. I'm thinking that people will want to buy those rocks so best put a price on them, they are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:09 PM

    A psychologist once told hubby “don’t worry about the things that you can’t change “ That has come in handy on a number of occasions Sometimes I may have to repeat it a couple of times but it works
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are sounding a bit brighter today and that you have 5 whole days together with Stew. What a treat.

    I love the AA serenity prayer "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".


    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear you are having a hard time Chris. You are right, it is situational, but you are allowed to say you are having a rough patch if you want to. In fact, it could be better for you than bottling it up. You have so much going on. Hope you and Stew enjoy your long weekend together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiwionholidays4:18 PM

    Time poor but been reading n seeing all pics etc ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’
    Take care

    Cheers ๐Ÿฅ‚

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:37 PM

    Lol laughing at Stew. Always quick witted.kj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol....”tits in a knot”....I haven’t heard that saying in years, my Dad always said it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am jealous of your hose! We can't really have a decent hose at the front (the tap is right on the street boundary) cos druggie effing eejit kids come along and chop segments off to use for some drug related activity or other. So I have to rely on a watering can cos I can't be fagged dragging the hose and reel from the back of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:31 PM

    Sounds like a combo of grief and empty nest syndrome๐Ÿ˜ขhope you bounce back soon๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Empty nest Syndrome? OMG I can't stop laughing at the thought! LIKE HELL it's that! After 42+ years???? NOOOOoooooo it's not that. There's way, way more going on in my life that is dragging me down besides grief let me assure you! TOXIC, hateful EX-family members for a start, legal issues, kid issues, bla bla bla. Just gunna keeping chanting ... it will all be better in a year.

      Delete
  12. Have a wonderful long weekend. Glad to hear you are keeping your chin up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.