Wednesday, January 20, 2021

CRAMPS!

 For the second night in a row, I've had bad leg/toe cramps ALL NIGHT LONG!

I tried to drink more yesterday so I didn't get cramps last night, to no avail.

Grrrr... my legs and feet are so sore this morning.

And I'm bloody tired from waking up and trying to work a cramp out.

So, I am going to hunt out my Magnesium tablets and start taking them again.  They certainly made a difference last summer.

It's about the only thing I've had that helps.

Do you know of anything else that stops cramps?

I should be doing some sewing for my next market in a week, but just can't be bothered.

Because the last couple of markets have been busts, I'm just not into them anymore.  Having my shop open a couple of times a week is actually enough for me right now.

I'm planning on going into town at lunchtime, having lunch with Stew and checking out 'the car', and see how things are going with it's WOF.

Because it's quite an OLD car, and it's been idle for over a year, there may be issues with it getting a WOF.  Time will tell.  Nothing is ever straight forward eh?

Before that, I have to do a small grocery shop.  So that is top of my list of things to do today.

ABOVE:  I found them!  It's about half full, so I'll add them to me grocery list.

Browsing through Facebook last night (OMG such a time waster), and I saw this:

ABOVE:  It took me a few moments to comprehend what I was looking at!  Then I was like, OMG!  I can imagine Steve doing something like that. 😂😅😆

It really is quite funny.  I have NEVER seen a guy with a Monkey Tail Beard.  Have YOU?

NO STEVE, this is not a challenge to you! ! !

OK, I'm off to sort out my grocery list and start me day.


12.11 pm:  And I've been busy in the house, getting all me jobs done.

I've got Teriyaki Chicken marinating for dinner.
I'm now heading out to do a few things in town, groceries etc.

ABOVE:  Well... this should be interesting!  It's WATER peeps!  But... I'm going to hold off taking it.
I am gunna do the magnesium first and see if it helps with the cramps.  No point doing two things and not knowing which one is helping right?

5.47 pm:  Meh.  It's one of those days where I just feel Bla.  No motivation to do a damn thing.  I've got no energy at all.  Just wallowing right now.  I will get the chicken cooking soon I suppose.  Stew will get home and expect his dinner.
Teriyaki Chicken and Garlic Bread, a favourite meal and I'm not even keen.

ABOVE:  Well dinner was delicious. And there is enough left overs for both our lunch's tomorrow.

ABOVE:  Stew had a quick swim before dinner... he was brave!  The pool is rather cold after all the rain we have had these past few days.

Now... time to relax for the evening.  Catch ya tomorrow... and let me tell you RIGHT NOW... you want to pop back tomorrow!
I have an hysterical photo to share !

16 comments:

  1. Helen7:56 AM

    Try some tonic water with quinine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoe support! I start having major leg and foot pain which can work its way up into my back and neck if I do not have very supportive shoes/sandals. Those of us who are home a lot can be very vulnerable - barefoot and slippers and flip flops offer little support.
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried magnesium for a long time and still had terrible cramps. I switched to a multivitamin that included potassium and selenium plus magnesium and have not had cramps since!! Mine were so bad that if I as much as moved my leg in bed it cramped up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:59 AM

      A word of caution, Those that are on medication for high blood pressure have to watch their potassium intake as well
      Dee

      Delete
  4. Ok, I just looked this up and diabetes can be a factor so if the cramps are that bad you should ask your doctor. High blood sugar can cause this. It might pay to get it checked out to be sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:15 PM

      I was going to say the same thing.

      Delete
  5. I think there is a tablet you can take that alleviates cramps too. Maybe ask the pharmacist when you go to replace your magnesium?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband used cramp stop and I think crampeze worked for him too. https://pakurangapharmacy.co.nz/products/crampeze-night-cramps-forte-capsules?variant=31838379704381&currency=NZD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2018-08-25&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAiAo5qABhBdEiwAOtGmboDVfa3QHyOI2TfEichqvmL4jIhuotZNWfXfI64Kgu2B7zJvKkUgeBoC2_sQAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Extra water and taking magnesium is all I usually need. I find if I drink around 2L of water a day I don’t get any cramps. Seems like a lot, but it’s hot here (Aus) so it’s not hard in summer! I only take magnesium now for a few days if I get a leg cramp at night and then just be conscious about how much water I’m drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnesium has always worked well for me, and I take two 150mg tablets a day as a preventative measure. However, when I have woken up with sudden cramp at night the other thing that has helped is salt. Obviously you need to be careful because it can make you sick if you have too much, but 1/4 of a teaspoon often stops cramps in their tracks, almost instantly. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love diet tonic water - it is my new "alcohol" now that I can't drink. I put non alcoholic mixers with it (Good Cocktail brand from Countdown) and it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apple cider vinegar diluted in water can help Chris, taste horrible but works quickly. MAGPHOS tissue salts are good for the middle of the night too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthpost.co.nz have magnesium sleep cream which i use on my legs to rid cramp and twitchy legs...also oneva day magnesium capsules help sleep and cramp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a more restful sleep. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband gets those cramps in his feet and shins in the middle of the night. He is also taking Magnesium for it, but the best thing that's worked so far is a heaping spoonful of yellow mustard right when the cramp starts. It always seems to stop it. Sometimes he takes a second spoonful if it's super bad. Maybe give that a try?
    I hope you get this reply. My last two that I sent a couple weeks ago didn't seem to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura Miceli4:23 PM

    I'm re sending this reply as I've been having trouble getting my replies to you. My last three comments never made it to your comment section. And no, I promise they weren't mean naughty comments. One was about your beautiful art work, one was a comment on how darling and grown up Keera is already.
    Anyway, my husband gets those terrible cramps in his feet and shins in the middle of the night. So far the thing that's worked best is he takes a heaping spoonful of yellow mustard right when the cramp starts. It seems to stop it. Then he'll take one more for good measure. I tried it once for a leg cramp and it also worked for me. Maybe give it a try?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.