Friday, January 22, 2021

NAKED MAN?

 Prepare ya eyeballs....

ABOVE:  A naked Stewie.  OR is he?

Nah... he's got his running shorts on, ya just can't see them!  This was last night, before he got on the treadmill.

I was amused that he looked like he was naked.


I finally got the jig saw finished yesterday afternoon... I won't be starting another one for a while!


It was really confusing, cos the box I got it out of had a wedding scene as the 'hint'... but the puzzle had nothing to do with a wedding.
Seems I'd grabbed the wrong box and bag of puzzle pieces.  No wonder it didn't make sense.

Now.  I made a sort of 'resolution' this year, for Stew and I to spend more time together, more time visiting friends and family, and more time travelling (within reason).

So... tomorrow we are going to Taupo and Kinloch.   I have a cousin in Taupo, and an Aunt and Uncle in Kinloch.  We shall be visiting them both, and staying with my Aunt and Uncle in Kinloc on Saturday night.

Today I will spend some time making sure we have all we need to take with us, and getting everything in the house sorted out.

Steve and Bex will be looking after our dogs, which is awesome.
Well... Actually, ARCHER will be looking after the dogs.  His parents will just be supervising. 😉😊

And that's about it for now... so I'll catch ya later.


9.57 am:   Picture this, I'm standing in the wet room, about to have my shower, butt naked. (yeah, there's a bit of nakedness'  going on in this post!)... and me phone rings.

It's the SKY man, he's on his way, should be here in about 5 minutes!  Faaaaark!  I frantically grab some clothes, and make sure I'm 'presentable'.

The guy arrived in like, 2 bloody minutes!
Phew.  Lucky I'm a fast dresser.

And, he finds the problem immediately.  The two Sky boxes were not working together properly.  Seems the guy who set them up a year ago did it wrong.  So now they are working independently of each other, and we should have no more problems.

Stew will be thrilled to bits.  No more interruptions to his sport watching, and I can still watch Coronation Street.

And it is now 10 in the morning and I can finally get in the shower!  

Here is an interesting fact.  Since Brylee left home our power bill has dropped a full $10 a week!  Nothing else has changed, so yeah.  I knew we would find our weekly expenses drop!  
Next thing?  Grocery bill has gone down too.  No more spaghetti bought X's a dozen tins! 
Plus all the other things one buys for a small, but hungry young person.  😃😂😅😆

On Brylee, she is doing exceptionally well doing all her own cooking.  She sends me photos of her dinners, most of them are really healthy!

I am hoping that in a few months she will feel confident enough to move on into a flat with other young people.  She needs to mix and mingle with others her own age.  

2 pm:  And I'm just home from having a lovely lunch with Stew in town.  Our plans for midday changed, so lunch was on the cards after all.
It was nice, expect for the freakin' traffic!  OMG it's nuts out there.  
I hope it's not crazy on the roads tomorrow when we want to go away.

I have had a nice quiet afternoon.  Got the washing in.  Prepared dinner (left overs) and now?  Just gunna chill out for a while before packing our bag for the weekend.

17 comments:

  1. And a cuppa catch up maybe 💖 no stress
    Blondie
    021676873

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Sunday afternoon? Will ring you.

      Delete
  2. Stew certainly appears to be naked there!
    No wonder you had difficulty with the puzzle. Not having the correct photo to work from. I think they make nearly impossible puzzles these days where the photo on the box does not actually match the puzzle. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 AM

    Hi Chris,Some of the Jigsaws that are around now are similar to the one you have just completed whereby the picture on the front of the box is totally different to what the pieces are inside the box as my Stuart has told me as he does Jigsaws mainly in the winter months when it is cold and dark here in the U.K.Glad that you got it finished in the end and you have more patience than I would have.Love the photo of your Stew in his nakedness...Wendy from the U.K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Wasjig... which i love doing as they are more difficult.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9:08 AM

    My grandmother in the UK refused to look at the picture on the box when doing jigsaws and she also thought it was cheating to do all the edges first. I did both and never did jigsaws with more than a thousand pieces whereas she did them up to 4000 pieces. When her eyesight deteriorated in old age she used a magnifying glass - I haven't inherited her determination, lol. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do the edges first. 😊 And I'd love to do a bigger one.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:08 AM

    Was the puzzle a WasJig? They have one picture on the box but the puzzle can be what happened before or after. A lot of fun. Lol great photo of Stew. Lol. Enjoy your weekend away. Kj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. And I am sure we will enjoy our little break away.

      Delete
  6. Ha ha ha ha Stew does look like he is butt naked apart from his shoes like the guys they show at the Nudist colonys on TV :-) :-) Enjoy your weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now if he had been running naked on the treadmill .........
    Glad you were able to get dressed in time for the Sky man. Kids move out and your house turns into total debauchery!!

    I am so thrilled to hear Brylee is doing well. A good stepping stone to proper flatting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely deserve a weekend away 💙💙 drive carefully there's plenty of nutters on the road the other half witnesses near misses every day George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. how funny!!! Love Stew picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great weekend away :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your time away - the first of many hopefully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a fun time this weekend. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah a nice little weekend away! Wish we could travel here :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.