Wednesday, January 27, 2021

LAZY DAY AHEAD

 Yesterday I was stuck inside all afternoon.

Probably just as well because it was one of our hottest days yet.

Today is supposed to be even hotter.

We are supposed to be getting 30 C (86 F) today, if not hotter.

So, once I've done the housework, and there ain't much of that, I will be getting in me togs and swimming/lying in the sun.

Until I'm bored enough to want to do something else.

I might go and buy some black and white paint so I can tart up me rocks.  I also have to put the hanging string on the back of my last three paintings.  Then they will be ready for market.

Once the market on Monday is over with, I am not doing any more markets until OCTOBER!

Yep, I'm taking a huge break from them.  But, I will continue to work on making more stock, so that I do have plenty, both in the shop and for next summer's markets.

I just want to simplify my life and lower my stress levels.  Seeing Mum die, then having my Uncle Charles drop dead at 69 years old shook me.  Showed me that life is too short, and you should look after yourself, and enjoy life while you can.

Nothing is a given, and tomorrow certainly isn't.

That's why I am making sure Stew and I get to spend a weekend away once a month from now on.  We have not taken very many trips away for just the two of us.

It's time we did it more often.

Our next trip away is going to be a bit special. It coincides with Valentines Day.  I have already booked it!

ABOVE: What?  I thought it was funny! I literally DO have a fan on me all day and night.


Well... the sky is completely overcast today.  I hope it burns off by lunchtime, or I will not be getting in the pool.

I've just finished the housework and am now contemplating my next move.

It might just be getting the paintings finished.

ABOVE:  Dinner tonight will be Pork Riblets, Potato Wedges and salad.

4.15 pm:  Well!  It has indeed been a lazy day.  I have worked on my latest jig saw:

ABOVE:  I hunted around in the tin shed for some sheets of thin ply wood, luckily found some.
Sorted.
Then I jumped in the pool around 1 pm as it was really starting to heat up. 
Bex and the boys arrived, so we all hung out in and out of the pool for a good couple of hours.

Bex and co. have left now, and I'm back doing me jig saw.

Nothing riveting happening at all sorry.

So.  I was so lazy today that I decided I couldn't be bothered cooking!  So Stew got us a pizza.
Now that it's just the two of us, one pizza is enough!

The kids came over for an after dinner swim.
I got a bit of sun today, feeling a bit hot right now.  It might make sleeping a bit more uncomfortable tonight?  Luckily I have a fan on me all night anyway.

27 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha i love the pic and its so so so true.....its so hot! Have a good day chick and good on you for making sure you and Stew get away - you both deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of going away once a month. I should really adopt that myself. We don't have any reason not too, not handbrakes (kids)! It's too easy to just stay home and get into a rut if you don't make an effort to make life more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get away to the beach house about twice a month and sometimes I stay for a week at a time. We are also looking at doing more spontaneous road trips etc and possibly buying a motorhome. I love getting away! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 'mood' is spot on as it's due to hit 29 here so bring on those fans! As for everything else - good on ya! I heartily agree with every word. Have a fab day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. The 'ONWARD' looks great ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree entirely with the "getting away" idea. We bought a caravan - thankfully just before COVID - and despite all our lockdowns and restrictions, managed to get away 8 times last year and I've just booked our second trip for 2021. I never thought a caravan would be my thing, but we absolutely love it! I t's just so nice to break up the routine a bit, and spend time with just the two of us.
    As for the heat... we’ve just had a 39c day with happily and early cool change here in Melbourne, but I can relate to your pic. I’ve just discovered this .. https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/68106/no-more-sweat-total-body-50ml?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmL-ABhDFARIsAKywVadBoemXnRU7L4F6NyZ72uRV_Z573R5MxDeXEiHNbP8plX9odsiztr4aAv1MEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds Good for pits, under boobs etc. so far so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:23 AM

    Only 30 degrees? That's cool for some parts of Australia in summer😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'ONLY'... lol. How did I know someone would say that? It all depends on what you are used to. We all acclimatize to our 'norms', so while 30 degrees may be cool for you, it isn't for us. And we can get up into the high 30's in areas of New Zealand too. Then add the humidity factor, which you mostly DON'T get in Australia and it can feel a darn sight hotter.

      Delete
    2. My first thought was hot? really? (we had 43
      degrees here in Adelaide last weekend). But then
      I remembered being in Christchurch on the
      hottest day ever - at that time at least (2015).
      No air conditioning in the motel of course
      and the only fan they had to borrow from the
      office had already been taken. Even though it
      was only 36 we almost died...

      Delete
  8. Sadly its already 30 here...i slept with a frozen face cloth on my head last night try cool down a bit oh the hair this morning is a real treat for sore eyes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its 31 degrees here at 10am. Thankfully having a couple if days off to relax. Have a fab day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fan is great! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brahahahahahaha,... love that pic!! SO TRUE !!! I sleep with a fan on pretty much year round as I can't sleep if I am warm at all. OOOOOO I do like the frozen face cloth on my head idea for this next summer (I live in wacky-dacky USA, where the past 4 yrs has been interesting, then add covid-19 to the mix, & its been another interesting year) and it gets up to 100 degrees + May - Sept!! Whew....

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh so love the pic !!

    Not a lover of the heat and humidity either. Not looking forward to the next bout of it due here on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. giggling at the return of the representative photos of dinner plans. Always did find them funny :)

    We just had a weekend heatwave up close to and sometimes over 40 degrees. They're saying some parts of Western Sydney are going to be inhabitable in a few years if temps keep climbing. Gosh knows without our air con blasting day and night we'd never survive. As it was, at times of an afternoon it would only cool the house down to 26 or 27. Better than the 40 degrees outside though, I must admit!

    PS love the new Onward pic. pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Pig salad lol
    We had a 34 day on Sunday, daughter was visiting and went home to 38
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I know that fan 'joke' exactly. And it ain't no joke. Thank goodness for your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Hot enough for me down here and 28 today. Always grateful for Welly winds when it's hot. And yes I have a computer fan going beside me when I'm working. Kj

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a big storm coming in. Supposed to be pretty windy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. we had a sweltering 38 degrees yesterday and I'm sure it easily reached 40 in West Sydney. And it seemed high humidity too, which made it particularly unpleasant. We skulked around indoors in our Arctic air-conditioning all day until at about 5.30pm a friend came over and we walked the 10 year olds to the park to fly a drone, which was still hot, but not too bad lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Time for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much fun and enjoyment from the pool a ripper investment. So lovely Bex and boys can pop up the road to visit...guess its back to school next week...then we usually get hot weather hope this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, nothing riveting is good. Enjoy your relaxation and practice slowing down 😉

    ReplyDelete
  22. That picture with the fan is me :-).

    ReplyDelete
  23. May sound odd but when I have a bit too much sun I pop into the shower and put the hottest water (warm to start off) I can over me.

    It does take away the heat/burn feel from the skin and I sleep comfortably.

    You don’t have to stand under the shower for too long either. I do this instead of applying any after sun/cooling products.

    Haha I even do it when I burn my fingers on the oven racks 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous2:34 AM

    So jealous of you enjoying the sun and the pool, while we are shivering in minus temperatures for weeks ! Last night we had teriyaki chicken for the first time, served with noodles. Made the sauce myself and was quite impressed so we shall have that again. Working on getting our little cabin kitted out so that we are ready for guests when the lockdown is lifted and people can travel again. I think we might have another busy B & B season in North West Scotland until foreign holidays become easier, just hope it lasts longer than 3 months this time. We have been walking when the weather permits to pass the time - are you doing any walking in your new area (sounds too hot in the daytime, but I know you used to enjoy evening walks when it was cooler).
    Jane G
    Jane G

    ReplyDelete
  25. -22C a couple of days ago, back to a balmy -4C and snowing here! Enjoy the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.