Tuesday, January 26, 2021

NEW ZEALAND BLUEBERRY

While visiting my cousin Janice on the weekend, we had a wander around her gardens (as ya do), and I admired a plant that she had growing prolifically.

ABOVE:  It is called a New Zealand Blueberry.  NOT edible berries, just ornamental.  She had quite a few small plants ready to be put in the gardens, and kindly gave me several.

ABOVE: So, that shall be my little job this morning.  Finding places to put them.  

Native plants

Dianella nigra

Fleshy blue fruit

Scientific name: Dianella nigra
Maori name: Turutu
English name: NZ blueberry
Other names: inkberry, forest flax





When we were at Orakei Korako on Sunday afternoon, I was surprised to see heaps of the New Zealand Blueberry.  Clearly it doesn't mind getting hot.


I try not to be unkind... but seriously?

There's someone who is being ridiculous... asking visiting family to call in, asking Brylee to contact them now she's left home etc.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

You reap what you sow you F#*@$!# &#*@. 

Count to 10... breathe, and let it go.  Cos it's just not worth getting stressed over, in fact, it just makes me laugh.

I shall be opening my shop at lunchtime.

And I will either do some sewing, which is highly unlikely given my current slump in motivation, or I shall continue watching Bridgerton on Netflix.  Or start another puzzle. 

So, I shall shortly get outta bed and plant those NZ Blueberries I think, before it gets too hot.

Dinner tonight is some prepared, store bought Ravioli.  All I have to do is add the sauce once I've heated up the ravioli.  Easy as.



OH... and how come NO ONE, NOT A BLOODY SOUL has commented on my new way of saying 'ONWARD'?

I thought it was a nice change for 2021.

Nothing hurts, just my FEELINGS!  😄😅😋

DEE:  OK.... challenge accepted.

ABOVE:  Tonight's dinner shall be Chicken and Bacon Ravioli. 

ABOVE:  So, it's 2.48 pm, and it's absolutely stinking hot outside.
So I'm rather glad I'm stuck inside today.
No people in the shop so far.  Boring.

But, I have finished watching Bridgerton.
Worked on my next puzzle, and painted some rocks to act as weights for my next market.
If it's windy half my runners end up flying off the table, so the rocks will hold them down.

And that's about all I have for now.  Catch ya later.

8 pm:  Stew and I just finished dinner.  It was really lovely.  Brylee called in for a swim.
Now... chill out time.
It's been so hot today I melted.
One lady and her daughter in the shop today.  No sales, just looking.

Story of my life most of the time.  😔

20 comments:

  1. I noticed the change :) I just figured you decided to make a change, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed the new ONWARD - and it is darling. But, now I don't remember the OLD ONWARD. Was it just blue type?
    Bummer they are not edible blueberries!
    I heard there is a new
    after" video for Bridgerton. Maybe the making of it, or interviews. I will have to watch that asap. Loved the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:24 AM

    I miss seeing the cow/ sheep/ pig on a plate for dinner
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the dinner idea Chris :) I love the new onward and love those plants too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The New Zealand blueberry plants are very pretty. I love the dinner display, gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken here tonight too

    ReplyDelete
  7. If i havnt died from heat first that is 34 already

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus that's awful that some total stranger is trying to contact your family members? I hope you can find out who is doing that! That's just creepy and scary. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you misunderstand. It's not a stranger, it's someone who is estranged from our family.

      Delete
    2. Oops! Sorry about that. Well I guess an estranged family member stalker is slightly less creepy than a total stranger stalker. Either way, people can be such total wack-jobs! Hang in there!

      Delete
  9. I wish we could have chicken more often my other half thinks the skin is crispy because they piss through their skin 🙄 he says "do you ever see a chicken having a pee?" OMG he's an idiot 👍😉 George's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As your other half has he seen a chicken poo? Hmmm, stands to reason they pee too eh? I've been pee'd on by a Bumble Bee! Ask him if bumble bees pee? lol That should make him wonder.

      Delete
  10. Well, I just did a big 'lol' at your dinner 'tableaux'! OMG SO funny! I haven't watched Bridgerton yet but I think Sally Webster's daughter is in it? Am sure you will know who I mean being a Coro fan (I'm not these days so she may not be a 'Webster' any more? :) Your photos are always so full of fun, and bright and colourful too. I really look forward to catching up with your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sally Websters daughter (in real life) plays the main female character in Bridgerton. You MUST watch it, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. And I'm looking forward to the next season.

      Delete
    2. p.s. There's nowt as strange as folk. I've had a bit of a health scare and it's made me (at last) realise that I need to do more of what makes ME happy and s*d all the other cr*p! Am doing my best not to give that stuff 'headroom' if you know what I mean? Now to practise what I preach lol! Take care x
      p.s. Will watch it soon. Have you watched Derry Girls? I think an actress from that show is in B.

      Delete
  11. You should make those rocks into silly color lady bugs. People will buy them off your table! Just give them a head, and some dots, maybe the line down the back with black.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did some DIET COKE scrolling, and upon closer observation - the ONWARD is changing from day to day. Different colors and such!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I How good was Bridgerton? Talked gaz into watching the first episode - he was hooked but said if told anyone..... lol. I now have him hooked on “Anne with an e”

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes it was hot as here I’m currently at work finish about 10.30pm went for lake swim beautiful ....
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.