Sunday, January 17, 2021

ANOTHER FUNTASTIC DAY?

 Today might not be quite as nice as yesterday.

We have rain forecast for the afternoon.

So... maybe we won't get in the pool ?

That would be a bugger, as yesterday was just perfect.



I saw a photo of some cute 'fantasy' houses on Facebook the other day... so now my hands are itching to do some more Wonky House Runners, doing the houses slightly differently.
That might get started today if getting outside isn't possible.

I also have to finish off three paintings, work on my jig saw and oh... heaps of other things.
There is never NOTHING to do!

If I am doing nothing, it's cos I'm being lazy!
lol

Right, off to make a start on the day.  Keera will no doubt jump into bed with us in the next hour or so... expecting a lollie for 'breakfast'.  Gosh we are naughty grandparents!  


2 pm:  And as I thought, it's been a slow, lazy day.
Keera jumped into bed for the obligatory sweets.
Then she had breakfast, did an art project:

ABOVE:  Painting a ceramic mug.  Then, before it got any cooler, she had a swim.

The weather certainly is turning.  It's clouding over and much cooler today.  Bit of a relief really.

I've been working on my jig saw...

ABOVE:  It's a slow process.  I have to stop fairly regularly as my eyes get too tired.

Stew is in 7th Heaven... watching bloody cricket on the TV.  Day 3 of a 5 day test between Australia and India.  NOT even a kiwi team!  *sigh*
At least he's happy I suppose.


I put some epoxy resin on two ceramic tiles this morning.   I had no idea what I was doing!
So now... I shall watch some You Tube tutorials on 'How to do it'... which I should have done BEFORE trying it.  Derrr.
 
I don't usually watch the Americas Cup Yacht racing, but today I looked up at the perfect moment!
American Magic had a very unfortunate accident and capsized!
It caught the wind wrong and that boat literally launched into the air, nearly flipped over backwards, crashed back into the water and capsized!
It was very DRAMATIC to watch!

ABOVE:  A very sad sight.  Luckily everyone on board was safe and accounted for.

ABOVE: The boat itself started to sink!  So it was all hands on board, including other boaties, to try and keep it afloat.
It's still an ongoing situation.


Someone videoed the capsize... so I shall share it.

ABOVE:  Our pool is so popular, it gets used even in the rain!
They didn't stay in as long as usual though, so it must have been quite a bit colder.

Everyone has now left, and it's back to just Stew and I.
It has been a full week since Brylee left home.  
I can't say we have been 'alone' much though... kids visit all the time!
But, it's nice that they do really.

I am enjoying cooking JUST enough for Stew and I ... it hasn't been too hard to adjust.  I thought it would take me longer really.  

So anyway... it's time to wind down for the day, and just relax till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. I like your video with the flying kids in your pool, they are all having a blast, and that means the grownups are happy too. Happiness is contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pool is so inviting well worth all the hard yakka!
    Was pretty hot in Taupō yesterday too Sunday a relaxing day for all
    Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of my best memories are my Nan letting me have some of her homemade chocolate cake and a cup of tea for breaky! That’s what grandparents are for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason I can’t post on Pepsi, Chris?!?!😢
    Hope you all have a lovely day.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have gone there via a Bookmark... you can't comment. You have to go via the http web page.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Very curious to why you haven't decided to take on Miss Keera full-time.
    Cj. Auckland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very curious as to why you think it's any of your business?

      Delete
  6. Kiwionholidays7:35 PM

    What a fab vid of flying wee ones ,
    There’s something about water brings out the fun in all ages

    Love it

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good reply to cj...looks like u had a lovly weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Chris you are doing better than me re cooking just for two, it took me such a long time to not cook for five, then four, then three and I am still cooking too much for the two of us. Lucky Phill is still working and going away so I can freeze leftovers for him to take, God help me when he retires as I don't like heating up frozen meals for myself at all. It's lovely to see the family all having so much fun together in your lovely pool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched American Magic flip over as well. A real tragedy for them, but hopefully they will be able to repair things and get back into the racing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never seen that kind of boat racing. It's like speed skating for Yachts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'technology' has gone too far with these 'boats'. They virtually fly above the water... that is not sailing in my humble opinion! I'd love to see the traditional yachts come back to The Americas Cup. You know, the ones that stay in the water!

      Delete
  11. My grandma had a pool like that all while I was growing up and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.