Friday, January 03, 2020

NOT 'NORMAL'

Well... I said I'd give you a Sneak Peek at the new front fence last night eh?

So I will... gimme a minute.


 ABOVE:  The guys were 'twinning' again yesterday.  So funny.


 ABOVE:  All hands on deck to get the posts and rails painted/stained.
AND there is Steve, about to put the first pail on !  We worked till 5 pm putting about half the pails on.  

Today we will finish cutting, staining and putting the rest on.


ABOVE:  Here is your SNEAK PEEK!

Nice eh?  lol

Bet you are wondering what the hell we are doing.  Well... I saw a fence picture on Google ages ago, and decided to do my own variation on it.  So, not a totally original idea, but how I've done it ... is.

IT'S NOT A NORMAL FENCE.... and you will have to wait till it's completely done before you see all of it!

Oh and... you are either going to LOVE IT, or HATE IT.  I don't think there will be any in between.  *smiles*

So... we will be busy doing that again today... might not be back till much later. 

ONWARD...

3.24 pm:  And we have finished the fence.  Steve and I started painting pailings at 7 am... and we all finished working on the fence at 3.05 pm.

Lacy came around midday and did some painting too.

Photos:



ABOVE:  Everyone who has worked on this fence is there, except me... cos I'm holding the friggin camera.  lol


ABOVE:  And there she is.  Our monster fence.  Double sided, funky as, certainly not NORMAL.

And there is a gate on the left hand side, not that you would know it just by looking.

We all LOVE IT.  


ABOVE:  Lacy took the little video for us.  We are very proud of this fence.
And I'm so happy I decided to go with my idea.


ABOVE: THIS was the fence I got the idea off... as you can tell, I did a bit more than that!


ABOVE: TOP DETAIL.


7.26 pm:  And another day is done and dusted.  Everyone is knackered again!
Dinner was courtesy of Steve tonight.  He cooked sausages and bacon, and we had them on bread.  A really easy dinner tonight.

Catch ya tomorrow, when they will be making the pool fence I think.


18 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    So exciting watching everything come together. Happy New Year 🥳 cheers Glenys, Austraila

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a fantastic job. Your family are good all rounders...as good kiwis should be lol.
    You're gonna have a terrific year...and many more in this house. All the nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a doggie window like this?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33012547560.html
    I saw one on the net a while ago and thought of your dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! But no. "Smiles". Good guess though.

      Delete
  4. Now you've got me curious!! Just make sure it's still a legal pool fence (ie not climbable with those holes). You are such a tease.... !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you and yours - the energy to get things done, amazes me. Well done all of you. Happy new year, hope its everything wonderful 2019 wasn't. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny3:53 PM

    I love it, it suits your family and your personality. It is funky and different and you. Well done family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very groovy. I love it 😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool fence. I’m surprised there’s no blue on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting anything on it would detract from it's quirkiness. I was going to put the house name on it, but have changed my mind about that too. The name will go somewhere else.

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your fence. It is very creative, very "Chris", it fits the "Rusty Bits" theme down to a tee! Great job to the whole team. Well done guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Perfect! You all worked so hard and it's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy New Year, all the best to the family. Well you certainly have done a great job settling in. Fence looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun fence! Perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fence looks fantastic. Happy New Year to you all. You have been working so hard!! Did Lacy mistake her leg for the fence??😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... No. Her brother Steve did it. We all got a bit slap happy with the paint ... Lacy also went home with some in her hair. Luckily it's just a stain and comes off/out really easily.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.