Sunday, September 09, 2018

MARKET, TO MARKET I GO...

Well, I'm feeling very positive about today's market.  It's going to be a glorious day, so hopefully lots of people come out to shop.

I've already made one sale!  I sold a Tree Table Runner yesterday to a dear FBG friend, so that's going towards today's tally.

Now, I mentioned yesterday that I bought a little thing at the home decor shop ... so here it is:


ABOVE:  A rather RUDE colouring in book!  It's full of naughty words... but with pretty swirls and so on.
I think it will be rather nice to sit and colour them in, then frame them as gifts!  There's some pretty appropriate ones in there for some people I know!  *smiles*

Right, I better get a move on... we have to leave shortly for market.

WISH ME LUCK... and I'll be back after lunch with an update on how it went.

ONWARD...

2.10 pm:  Market was ... OK.  Could have been a lot better, but seriously, although the sun was out, there was a bitterly cold wind, with such GUSTS that many of us had our stuff blown half way down the street!

I also got SO COLD the first thing I did when I got home was crawl into a pre-warmed bed!
I just got out of it.  

And I only got out of it cos I'm bloody starving!

I've had nothing to eat all day.  So am now off to find sustenance before I fade away... .... ... AS IF! LOL

I've been an utterly lazy tart this afternoon!  Done NOTHING, not a bloody thing!
Except keep warm.
My butt is killing me from sitting too long, but to bad.  I needed to rest.


ABOVE: I'm so tired!  I look like I've been crying, but I haven't of course.   Just super tired.  

Two nights in a row I've been kept awake with leg cramps.  I know I'm not drinking enough... certainly today, up till 2 pm, all I had was a hot chocolate... nothing else.  My diet coke was too cold to drink at the Market!  I was freezing, so drinking cold coke?  Nah, wasn't gunna happen.

I've tried to drink more this afternoon... but already getting cramps in my legs again!  Just got one in the weirdest place... just above my ankle, below the calf muscle! 

End of the day and I am truly knackered.  Off to bed shortly, and hopefully will get some decent sleep tonight.  And no cramps.  Fingers crossed.

 

22 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well today. Sun shining here so hopefully the same in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Will be eager to hear the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning 😊
    good luck today Ma, hope you enjoy the day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck... sun will certainly help, Christy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the market is busy today and you're goodies are getting lots of interest and generating a pleasing number of customers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent u a message yesterday Chris about buttons did u get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sitting in the Good George Cambridge - I think you must have packed up, we missed you stall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to have missed you. We packed up just after 12 as I was just too cold!

      Delete
  9. Bummer the market was only okay and so cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the time we got near Cambridge it was closer to 2pm which was a bummer.... too busy helping mum with stuff before we left rotorua for home. 😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad, I was looking out for you all morning! Maybe next time you are going through?

      Delete
    2. I was going to text you but mum had jobs for me... I was hoping to catch up but we'll be coming through in about three weeks for school holidays...woohooo. Promise to swing by 😚

      Delete
  11. try Magnesium for cramp Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chick, I have tried it before and I got the most dreadful shits! So maybe not... as I'm sweating so much with the hot flushes and not drinking enough, I think I'm lacking salt. So might try having more salt too. And Yes, I did get that link for buttons, thanks. Will check her out tomorrow. Right now, I'm off to bed soon.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:07 AM

      Classy reply

      Delete
  12. Maria8:49 PM

    Try magnesium cream instead of tablets

    ReplyDelete
  13. Husband drinks tonic water for leg cramps. Bananas are also good for magnesium. I use epsom salts in the bath which helps and you can also just soak your feet in a basin if you don’t have a bath. Sorry the sales weren’t great today. I’ve started preparing bags for a Charity Fair but I’m trying to think of other little Christmas things that may sell well. From Catriona in Autumnal Hamilton (Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salt works almost instantly for me. Either 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon in water, or one or two salt tablets (I keep them next to the bed at night with water so I don't have to get up).

    Hope it helps x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I take an extra strength magnesium most days and don't get any side effects. I think it helps with sleep as well as leg cramps but definitely try to drink more fluid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - your eyes are looking mighty red in that photo! No pictures of the booth all set up?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry the market wasn't all that great. Wind is the worst!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.