Saturday, September 08, 2018

CAN YOU FIND BOB?

I'm getting better at remembering to put 'Bob' on my creations.
Yesterday I had to add him 'last minute' to the large Nautical Blue table runner.

Then late last night (or was it early this morning, like 12.45 am?)... I remembered to put him on this one before I stitched the backing on!


ABOVE:  This smaller one isn't finished yet, I have to do all the top stitching on it.
But at least Bob is on it!

Can you find Bob?  

Here's a clue, he's in a contrasting coloured thread, and he's always going to be popping out from a seam.  *smiles* 

Isn't this runner rather cute?  Not as long as my previous runners, more a coffee table size.  

I'm really happy with how many runners I've managed to get made over the past couple of weeks or so... I should have plenty to carry me through the next few markets. 

Apart from finishing the above small runner, my plans are to erect the gazebo again today, and work out how my tables etc will fit inside the gazebo 'space'.

I hope I don't need to get all the products out as well!  That takes far too much time.

With any luck, NEXT Saturday I will be given a space at the Tamahere Market!

Then I will get to actually use my gazebo properly for the first time.  It's a totally different sort of market ... more craft/plant/food for sale.  And people from a much larger area come it it. 

I'm excited about doing it, so hopefully I get a space next weekend.

I have no idea what the family's plans are for the day.  Brylee is probably working this afternoon, perhaps evening too?
Griffin  ... no idea!  I know he's got a few jobs to get done here before he can do his own thing though.  

So right, that's me for now... catch ya later... good luck finding Bob!

ONWARD...

And yaaa... finally finished all the runners I want done for Market tomorrow.

When I bought my sewing machine, I checked out all it's features.  One was a Laser Line, which I never thought much of.  Like, not likely to use it I thought.


ABOVE:  But OMG !  I have been using it for days on end!  It's so damn handy when sewing from corner to corner, which the last couple of runners have required.

After market tomorrow, I shall be making myself a long runner in the Nautical Blues for my kitchen island bench.  Probably about time I made something for me.  *smiles*

10.50 am:  time to get the gazebo up, the weather is perfect out there today.

12.15 pm:  And Oh WOW!  I am so thrilled with how easy it's going to be to display my stuff on the gazebo:



ABOVE:  I can hang so much from the top!  I didn't even bother to set up all the trestles, they will fit in there easily.  

I'm home alone right now.  Griffin is in town with friends, and Stew has taken Brylee to work, then he's stopping at the supermarket on his way home.

I'm actually twiddling my thumbs!

But not for long, I've got to get me face on soon.... I'm going to a 60th Birthday Afternoon Tea Party for one of the FBG ladies.  I still need to decide what to give her (something from the stash) and wrap it.  Better pull finger!

Finger pulled, got to the venue on time... and had a really lovely catch up with the Birthday Girl and about a dozen girlfriends.

The coffee shop is attached to a very swish home decor/furniture shop... so some of us had a browse before leaving.  OMG so expensive... but I did fine ONE little thing to buy. 

Will show you tomorrow.

For now.. I am going to rest up and have an early night tonight... I didn't get to bed till well after 1 am last night... so am feeling very jaded.

'Rest up' ... yeah right!  I just spent 3.5 hours cutting out more blocks for OUR Bench Runner!
And then I spent ages laying it out on the bench... making sure I have it right... no two blocks the same too close to each other, and the right length.  *sigh*

I won't be stitching it together till next week sometime.  I need a break!

Stew and Griffin are eating roast Pork and veges for dinner.  I am giving it a miss as I had a piece of cake for afternoon tea (followed up with some metformin!), so I'm not hungry at all.

I'm going to sign off for the day now, so I can just do nothing from now on... except RELAX! Yes, I am going to do NOTHING till bedtime.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I found Bob!! 😀 Have a lovely day Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find Bob. You e sounding so happy and positive lately Tart loving the vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's hanging out with the cray's. lol

      Delete
  3. Chris not sure if this is any help to u but i know u r always looking for buttons but this chick is in Cambridge on trade me and has pick ups might save u a few kilometres in your beaut new car her user name is d.i.y_supplies hope its of some help... this is a listing number might be able find easier #1758471322

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha you relax lol *yea right lol, glad you got the gazibo up and are happy with your set up plans for tomorrow.
    Happy Birthday to your friend, hope she had a great arvo with you are the girls :) I'm chilling at home, am really enjoying being here and the atmosphere is really nice xx
    Night DCR land xx
    p.s have a great day tomorrow Ma xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.