Wednesday, September 19, 2018

TEETHING ISSUES

I made a new soft toy yesterday.
It hasn't come out quite right.
I'm happy with the body, but not the neck or head.

This is what ya get when you don't have a pattern and have never done it before.  It's clearly a work in progress, please don't laugh at it!



ABOVE:  I am going to pull her apart and do a new head/neck.

If I get it right today, I will show you.

Yesterday my hips were so sore after Monday night's walk!  They don't feel so bad today, which is just as well as I  have a walk tonight at 7 pm.  At least this one is a short one, just over 4 kms.  I can do that easily now days!

Who would have thought I would say walking 4 kms is EASY .... like ever?  It's a damn good feeling.

ONWARD...

Started working on the new, improved doll.
Fingers crossed I've got it right this time.

It's so quiet around here. Griffin is at school and Brylee is in bed still.  Dogs are behaving, not fighting which is a good thing.

We've had a LOT of fighting going on lately.  It's been very scary.
I think three dogs is too much now.  We have a massive power struggle going on.
Having to separate them for Coco's safety.


ABOVE: And just when you think it can't get any worse, they go and co-habit nicely.... for a little while anyway.  *sigh*

It's a rather SPECIAL Day for a little boy today, one he's been looking forward to for MONTHS...


ABOVE:  Our youngest grandson, Archer, finally went to KINDY.  I hope he's having a fantastic time.

Right, reveal time.... 2nd attempt at a soft doll is done:


ABOVE:  Well... here is the revised version.
Brylee thinks the head is now too big, but Bex and I thinks she's just fine.
I finished her, stuffed her and then... squealed and hugged her!  I think she's gorgeous.

I decided to do 'fabric hair' instead of wool, as the wool could be pulled out super easy.  I matched the 'hair' with the heart on her chest...too cute!

WELL... that took all of ONE MINUTE to sell her!
And the next one I make is pre-sold as well!
Thanks Kelly!!!


ABOVE: And then..... there were two!  And BOTH are sold.  Yaaa.

These are so much fun to make... and now I've got the pattern made, I can make more. 

Well... another FBG walk done and dusted tonight.  Was a 4.1 km walk, but we kinda forgot the way a bit and ended up walking 4.34 km instead.  Not to worry, it wasn't that much further.

I did get a really nasty hot flush/blood sugar low right at the end though, which wasn't fun.  Felt quite sick, but got home and had something to eat and came right fairly quickly.

Serve me right for not eating something substantial since 11 am this morning.  I really must wise up!

I'm happily watching Coronation Street now... then it will be either : do some more sewing/or bedtime.  


17 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    Oh my god she is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 AM

    She is so cute mum I know how hard it is to make anything without a pattern she is super cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with the walks! woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:02 AM

    Looks good but I did laugh a little. Rounded hands maby aswell. Cute concept will look cuter with the head bigger.
    Looking forward to seeing more progress. Archers first day at kindy eek
    Bex xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she's cute as is. You could make smaller similar dolls, with wire in the arms and legs, then girls could wrap them around their wrist like a doll-bracelet. You could start a new fad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the cutest little doll at a market the other day. It was a voodoo doll for women getting older. It was a hilarious gift for a friends bday. It was just a very simple body shape in plain calico and then it had a “ voodoo” pin attached to it and there were “problems” hand written all over the body. Ie Hot flushes, back pain, sore feet, menopause etc etc It was very simple and a great gag gift. I bet you could whip one very quickly. There was one for males as well with problems like sexual dysfunction. Cheers. Michelle from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Archer has a great day at Kinder. Oh boy has he grown up fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kindy day for Archer wow a big boy now. Bet he had the bestest day. Lol the voodoo doll for hold flushes Chris wonder who it has got yours .Im guessing u would like to get hold of it and wring its neck . cute dolls

    ReplyDelete
  9. The 2nd one is much improved. I just wonder if her eyes should be crescent moon shapes instead of circles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect with the bigger head.. there used to be a Facebook page where someone made dolls just like these and sold, from what I remember, they sold pretty good (especially to parents of infant and toddler age kids).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:43 PM

    All good they just to cute..
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her.. Already have a home for her..another xmas gift done.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG how is Archer old enough for Kinder already? He should still be a baby.

    The 2nd doll is cute! Hard making things with no pattern for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:10 PM

      I agree where has my baby gone. He has been looking forward to starting kindy for a while now tho. Bex

      Delete
  14. Hope Archer had a wonderful day at Kindy. The dolls are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:44 AM

    dolls with no pupils in their eyes freak me out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dolls. Gorgeous just the way they are. The hair is so cute. I hope Archer had an awesome day at Kindy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.