Saturday, September 01, 2018

AGAIN...

I enjoyed being in Tauranga so much yesterday... that I suggested to Stew that we go there again today!

So, if the weather is nice, I do believe we are going to Tauranga for the day.

I don't plan on shopping today, but perhaps a walk on the beach, a nice lunch together at Alimento, and maybe visit our friends Martyn and Jacqui too?  

The forecast says cloudy but no rain... so let's see what eventuates.

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!!  Baby animals, blossoms, warmer days... but not too hotYES!

ONWARD...


And we are off.... just have Griffin with us today. Brylee has work and Lacy ... well she's doing her own thing.

Today I'm going to do something I've not done since I was 15. Any guesses?

Well stop guessing... our plans changed. We were going to climb up the Mount, but by the time we found a car park it was midday and far too hot for me to attempt it.

So... we did the base walk... from our car then around the base and back was 6.43 kms...quite long enough for me in the heat! We are to lunch now.

6.04 pm:  Safely home again.  After our walk we had a lovely lunch then visited our friends for an hour or so.  

I've a few photos to share of the walk around the Mount's base...
















OK... no captions tonight, I'm too tired.
I made beef rissoles for dinner... they keep repeating on me.  Ikkk.
Off to bed very soon, I'm knackered.

15 comments:

  1. First day of Fall here. So happy to be in the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Felicity! My fat fingers managed to delete your comment! Here it is:

    FREEDOM has left a new comment on your post "AGAIN...":

    enjoy your day...we have been so lucky with the weather here very mild and mostly beaut days but so NOT looking forward to the heat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your day...

    Love your hair plaited..

    ReplyDelete
  4. roller skate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pierce your ears? Love the braid! It is so funny when you start talking about the change in weather - as the EXACT opposite is happening where I live. The leaves are starting to change colors, the days are getting shorter, and the hot days are gone and it's chilly at night. Soon it will be a frozen tundra here in Northern Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pierce your ears? Love the braid! It is so funny when you start talking about the change in weather - as the EXACT opposite is happening where I live. The leaves are starting to change colors, the days are getting shorter, and the hot days are gone and it's chilly at night. Soon it will be a frozen tundra here in Northern Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photos the one of you and Stew shows how awesome u r both doing with your healthy life changes you two rock

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeeeeeeeeeee the Mount... I spent every Christmas school holidays at my nana and grandads house in Pilot Bay... In fact their house is in your pic. Nana bless her cotton sock's (93) still lives there. Everytime im home from Aussie I pop over and see her. PS Lacy you are looking great. Hope life treats you well in H-Town. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you Bee for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely reminder of doing the same walk a few years ago. Helen in France

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love where you live, it is so beautiful. Only 8degreesC here today. Fall is definitely here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos Chris. Love the ones of Griffin and you and Chris. You should frame them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos Chris,always love a walk around the Mount.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.