Thursday, September 06, 2018

WHERE'S BOB?

This week is going SO SLOW... no FBG walks all week, except one I couldn't go on.
Today I am going to try and get on the treadmill or the cross trainer and get some exercise.

AND I want to make a start on the PINK CHRISTMAS TABLE RUNNER.... I'm really excited about it!

But for now, let me show you the one I finished last night:


 ABOVE:  It's just lovely!  It's one of my favourites by far.  

Now yesterday I said I did something I've never done before on this one eh?

Well, that's where we get 'WHERE'S BOB?".  *SMILES*

I've sewn a little 'man' on this runner:


ABOVE:  From now on I'm going to hide 'BOB' on every runner.  Just a little bit of fun... I don't even know if I will point him out to people who buy my runners... I will just hope they find him one day.  *smiles*
I will do him in a MILD CONTRASTING COLOUR next time I think, so he can be seen a bit better.

Shame I didn't think of it sooner really, there's quite a few of my Table Runners sold now.

PINK Runner... not too sure on the design yet... but something simple, so the fabric stands out, not a complex design.

Right, time to get outta bed, do some housework and then get back to me sewing.

ONWARD...

It's 11.30 am and I've only just got my table runner laid out!  Spent ages cutting out fabric, then organising the lay out... I reckon half the time that's what takes the longest time!
This runner is in a pattern I've never done before.  While 'simple' ... it's not for me!

Let's see if I can get some sewn now to show you later on today.

I am feeling so EXCITED ... this new runner is 90% done... just some final stitching to do and then I can show you.
And the best thing ever?

NO BINDING. NO HAND STITCHING.   So a really easy and fast one to do... well fast once you've cut out and laid out all the fabric that is.  *smiles*

The Appliance Repairman has been, replaced the holey hose and now I can do the washing again without worrying about flooding the garage.  Whoop whoop!

Tis a good day.

And  finally... my latest Table Runner is done...


ABOVE:  It's a Zig Zag Table Runner.  I've never made one before.  It wasn't difficult, but a bit laborious. A lot of machine stitching.. but isn't it GORGEOUS!!!
And YES, there is a 'Bob' on there, but I'm not pointing him out!  edit:  Bob wasn't on there when I took the photo!  He got added after I remembered I hadn't put him on! Derrr.

On to sorting out dinner now.  We are having homemade mince pies. 

Well dinner was lovely.  I do know how to make a nice pie!  lol

Since dinner I have been cutting out fabric and laying it out on my kitchen bench... and OMG have I got a lower backache now.  When I sew all day, that's what happens.

Watching Coronation Street now, and relaxing till bedtime.


14 comments:

  1. Love that runner.... definitely will have to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning DCR 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob could be your signature on all your craft sewing cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Hi BOB lol.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Bob is *adorable* !!!! Christy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob is so funny that runner is my favourite so far I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha funny you announced 'bob' the day the washing machine guy comes and fixes it lol.....bob the 'electrician' can he 'fix' it.... yip he just did 😂
    anyways yea I'm weird lol
    xx Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Not on the pink one, cos I hadn't put him on when I took that photo!

      Delete
  9. I did a couple of table runners like that a number of years ago but mine had binding lol. The style was Seminole. Will you do more for the market ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm going to make a smaller one next, same pattern but different fabrics.

      Delete
  10. Love the pink runner...my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couln't see the "Bob" in the picture.
    Your runners are all beautiful though. The first picture looks like you're getting ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever idea with Bob! Love the kiwi in the Xmas runner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.