Thursday, June 23, 2016

BOXES.... YEP... MORE BOXES

Well... today I'm going to make a start on the sewing room boxes.  I did contemplate unpacking a few last night after dinner, but I just couldn't drag me sorry butt off me chair!

So... there's about 13 boxes and a few other smaller containers full of sewing stuff, and by the look of it, toys and odds 'n' ends.


ABOVE:  it seems daunting looking at them all!


ABOVE: Silly Tallulah all alert and interested... by a parrot on the TV last night.  She's so funny.   
We have Amanda, Andrew and kids coming for dinner tonight, so I better remember to get food out of the freezer. 

ONWARD...

10.17 am: ONE.... BOX..... DONE.  Phew!

11.00 am:  THREE... yes... THREE DONE NOW.

12.29 PM:   And I have lost count.  Maybe 5? 6?
Whatever number it is... I am slowly getting there!
I've stopped for a lunch break.  


ABOVE:  It looked so TIDY before I started on the boxes.  But ... ya have to make a mess in order to get it all sorted. 

AND... 8 hours later... It's done!



 ABOVE:  All my fabric is found and put away again.  I've not had a chance to drool.... yet.  I'm too busy... and tired.
Maybe tomorrow.


 ABOVE:  There's still a bit to do to make it tickety boo... but it's close to being totally finished.

THIS is why it's not quite finished:


ABOVE:  Ummm... Steve?  Stew?  Anyone?  I need more shelves!

On a whole, I'm cuffed with my new sewing room.  It is all I have ever dreamed of having.  And I can sit and watch what's going on outside while I sew.  LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

And now... I have to turn around and get dinner ready.  *sigh*  It's the last thing I feel like doing... but as we have visitors for dinner, I better get a move on.

9.43 pm:  well dinner went well... the family liked my pie and veges.  The grandkids had fun with all the toys in the toybox, lots of happy noise.  They have gone home now and the house is quiet again.
Time to relax and head off to bed in an hour or so.

18 comments:

  1. You're doing well Chris! Can't wait to see you happily settled in your sewing room soon. I know from your posts how much you have missed your creative hobbies ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up, you're doing well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tou must be having such fun finding things that you forgot that you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am! And so many UFO's to do!

      Delete
  5. You could always get a part time job on the side being an organiser for other people, or even just helping them pack and get ready to shift house (both before & after), you have done so amazingly at your place - and you would get to boss other people around :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed at your progress u r doing marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see some room on the shelf to the left for another shelf in each unit... you could fit two of those bins in each hole. I love that you can watch the road while in your room !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that. I was going to just stack one on top of the other so I had more compartments to use. Hmmm.. more shelves for Steve to do! lol

      Delete
  9. Looking great! I totally agree with Tracy... You need to become a home organiser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on all the unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks wonderful. Love all the shelves. So colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Looking great!!!! man I wish I had a room like this for my wool and other crafts lol ☺
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhhhhh there it is your room and well done a few more adjustments and you're there good girl and now soon you can focus concentrate on you again.... Hope Griffin is better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is getting more like himself now... he's starting to make friends, so fingers crossed he is really happy again soon.

      Delete
  14. Your sewing room is so you. Colorful! I'm not much of a sewer/crafts person, but I could be in a room solely dedicated to it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you can get to sit and have fun in the sewing room very soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.