Monday, June 27, 2016

OFF WITH THE NEIGHBOUR

This morning I'm heading off to a new Patchwork Class with my neighbour.  I'm quite looking forward to it.

I found a few small UFO's that I can take with me to work on.  But I think I will be gas bagging more than sewing! I'm hoping there are some ladies there of a similar age to me.

After we get home, I will be turning around and going out again.
I want to return the carpet samples and get the carpet square ordered.

Then I'm getting some slippers, I've been meaning to for ages but never got around to it.  I'm going to check out the local Warehouse, so will probably get the slippers there.

I've got a few more photos of activities yesterday:

ABOVE:  Little Archer learning the trade.  He is just so adorable, getting tools off Steve's belt and trying to use them.


ABOVE:  I was worried he would thump Steve on the head with that hammer!  Archer can be quite.... rough!  But, oh so cute.

ABOVE:  The sewing room wardrobe with shelves, and everything in it's place at last.


ABOVE:  I am just so bloody happy with my sewing room!  


ABOVE:  I got this lovely card in the mail on Saturday!  Thanks Felicity! 

And now... I am off to get ready for the day.

ONWARD...

OMG another really wet, shitty cold day here.
I can certainly tell we are back in the Waikato!

Patchwork class was nice... it's quite a large group!  I ended up just chatting for 2 hours!
Next time I go the group has a guest coming to sell/show laser cut patterns.  I've already put a deposit on one.
Quite a few of the ladies have done the same.

Now I am home awaiting the arrival of an Electrician to give us a quote on adding some powerpoints and a couple of other smallish jobs around the house.

The heater is ON, my feet and hands are frozen!

GRIFFIN just learnt a big lesson.
When Mum tells you to put the cherrios (little sausages), in a container with a little water, and zap them in the microwave for 1 minute... she DOESN'T mean PUT THEM IN A METAL POT, then put the pot in the microwave!!!!!

I could smell a dreadful smell in the house, took me a while to figure out what it was!

KIDS.  You would think by that age he would KNOW ... clearly not.  My bad.

I had a right shit of a job backing out of our driveway tonight.  I loathe driving at night, and I couldn't see where our concrete driveway edges were, so I had to get Griffin to help direct me!
I think I will have to back into our driveway during the day, so I can drive out easily at night.

WW result?  Will tell ya tomorrow!  ha ha

I felt really ill after dinner tonight. Don't know why.  Maybe low bloody sugars?  All I do know is I felt dreadful.  Going to bed early tonight.

17 comments:

  1. Glad the card arrived. As soon as I seen we were making it at class I knew who it was for. Shame it's pink though but guess better than orange hey. Hsve an awesome time at new patchwork group. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time at the patchwork group. Love your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wee Archer is very adorable as is all your grandchildren, the weather here is Auckland is off and on with rain every time it rains its cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeeeeeeeeee the new house! So much space. Hope Griffin has a better week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris - I know you have a heat pump in the family room/kitchen but seriously if you could in any way afford it... get ducted heating. No big wall units, just a vent or two in each room in the ceiling - the push of one button and the entire house is toasty warm!! (or cool in the summer, I have no idea how I'd cope without aircon in the summer). We just flick ours on and off as needed and our house is always warm. You'd be warm in the sewing room and no need for those wall heaters in the bedrooms (which cost roughly $1 a day if run for 10 hours each... add that up x say three bedrooms comes to the same as the cost of our ducted heat pump which heats our whole home.

    Your new home is perfect for ducted heating!! Anyway, just saying as you commented that you were cold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The electrician who came today said the heatpump in our family room isnt big enough to effectively heat the lounge too. And certainly not this whole house. This house is very, very LONG! We are not using the wall heaters in the bedroom at all. Our feeling is if you are cold in your bedroom, get in bed! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ŠI am considering a small heatpump in the lounge now.

      Delete
    2. Yes, usually a heatpump is installed just for that room size. I just thought that with your hallway being open to the lounge (looks that way in the photo) them ducted heat would heat the whole house. It's expensive though, I get that but once done it's amazing. Perhaps if you got a decent size heatpump in the lounge it would also heat up the hallway/bedrooms? Good not to use the heaters in the bedroom - the cost of those sure adds up but good for the odd really cold snap.

      Delete
  6. Love your sewing room..its like having your own fabric shop in there๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no hope it wasnt one of your new pots quess that means new microwave now too oops

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get ducted heating. It's amazing! Plus you can close the vents off in areas you don't want heated. I have it at my place and would never go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you! Happy Birthday for the other day! I totally forgot. Me bad. I hope you had a nice day.

      Delete
  9. I agree ducted heating my friends (2) have just had it installed. THE SEWING room looks like a SHOP!! lol great looking colours in there glad you had a nice time at the class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The microwave. Yes, I tell that to my kids and hubs constantly because you forget. No metal, aluminum foil, or even visible oil because that catches fire too. It's frightening when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How about putting some little solar lights down the edge of the drive so you can see at night. Looks pretty too! Helen in France (and Ruawai)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can get these things called glow rocks, they are little solar stones and you line the driveway with them, try eBay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:16 AM

    Beautiful sewing room Chris!

    Carol in IL USA

    ReplyDelete
  14. get a reversing camera installed on your car.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.